Ratings for Dr. R. Ahluwalia

she cured my severe cystic acne and gave me my confidence back. Thank you Dr. Ahluwalia!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Excellent dermatologist! She identified a melenoma and saved my life !

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

She's a superstar dermatologist, totally fixed my skin condition, that I had struggled with for years. I saw another derm before her in Oshawa that was no help.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I went to see Dr. Ahluwalia recently after hives' breakout. I had seen a few walk-in clinic doctors and my family doctor before I got referred to this clinic. It was bad luck that I had to see her. She looks at my hives (which were all over my body including hands, face, wrists, legs, stomach, etc.) for few seconds and says, "Something is in the air. Everyone is getting these hives. I don't know what it is. It is something viral". She writes me pills and cream. When I took the prescription to pharmacist, she asked me if I had shingles. I said that I was diagnosed for hives and showed the pharmacist my arms and hands. I told her that I already had shingles in 2011 and chickenpox when I was a kid. The pharmacist got angry and told me not to spend $60 on the pills which were for shingles. Every doctor, I met after, got confused why I was given shingles medication. Shingles usually are in one area only. Dr. Ahluwalia is not trained and is not reliable. Avoid her at all cost.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Dr Ahluwalia started me on treatment two years ago that cleared my severe psoriasis that crippled me for years. When I was in for my routine visit, she noticed a dark spot on my leg that turned out to be a melanoma!!! I am so grateful for this doctor

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr Ahluwalia was pleasant attentive and accurately diagnosed my lupus. She arranged for biopsies to be done the same day and promptly ordered investigations. I was started on treatment for my condition two weeks later and I am now under excellent control. The team was helpful and considerate. Could not have asked for a better medical experience.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Not particularly useful if the issue goes beyond dry skin... If you have cancer and are seeing dermatological issues stemming from this she has little to no ability to do much other than symptom relief but no diagnostic or insight into root cause or root cause treatment.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

My husband and I went to see Dr. Ahluwalia for a case of chronic and lingering eczema at Avantderm Clinic. Facilities are nice looking, but not particularly clean inside. Waited 5-10 min for the doctor to see us. Once in her office, she did not care to greet us other than by saying hello whilst looking at her screen. When my husband showed her his hand, she looked at for 5 seconds, gave her diagnostic and that was it. She didn't care to ask how long it had been going for or what treatment he had been using. Instead, she recommended he uses certain creams that, had she cared to ask, were already being used by my husband. This woman's tone was incredibly condescending and rude. She obviously doesn't like her job and isn't looking to help people. She prescribed a cream which, she assured without any doubt would work, despite the numerous creams previously prescribed that failed to deliver. I will not be seeing Dr. Ahluwalia again and would not recommend her to anyone. If you are booking an appointment at Avantderm, I recommend you ask for another doctor!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. R. Ahluwalia's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients