Dr. Prashanth Rao

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Prashanth Rao

Dr RAO was very professional at all times. He fully explained my operation procedures and expectations. Everything has told me pre op turned out that way post op. Could not have hoped for a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2020

The guy has saved me! I’m slowly getting back to normal

flag | Submitted December 17, 2019

A brilliant surgeon who excelled in his treatmen of my spine nerve problem. He used microscopic surgery thar ensured my fast recovery. His care and aftercare were excellent and his bedside manner was very good. He was always helpful and polite to my family who were worried and put me at ease.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2019

I had a fall off a ladder and fractured C5/C6 fracture and L1 fracture. After spending time in pyblic hospital and home my condition wirsened as I had nerve compression left side of my neck. I was in constant excruciating pain and no medication could take it away. I went to emergency at Norwest hospital abd was admitted. Next day an Mri was done on my neck and nerve compression visible. Dr Rao came to see me and explained surgery was the only way to release the compression. My back also needed surgery. Four days later my neck surgery was done successfully. It was a challenge with my chronic liver cirrhosis being an obstacle. Then 10 days later my back surgery was done also successful. I had some issues recovering after that surgery but am very grateful to Dr Rao who has freed me from that excruciating relentless pain I had endured for over 3 weeks. I couldn't live with that pain.. he is an amazing surgeon who I have the utmost respect for. His knowledge of my condition was unbelievable. I would recommend him to anyone who needs any surgery. I put my faith in him and he gave me hope. Thank you Dr Rao for helping me under extremelt dufficult circumstances with my health condition. I will be forever grateful. William

flag | Submitted October 20, 2019

I was very fortunate that I was recommended by my GP to seek help from Dr. Rao with regards to my injury. Other than his knowledge and expertise, he has a very jolly personality that gives you a positive feel or attitude in facing my situation. I do admit I was very scared with the thought of an operation, but Dr. Rao was able to make me understand the benefits of such a procedure. Even before having the procedure, he manages to still make me be calm and still continued to be positive. He did an excellent operation even the cleanliness and size of the cut. Right after the procedure, my left foot that dropped was relieved straight away.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2019

Dr Rao is an amazing surgeon who fixed my neck/back

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Very good surgeon I had been unable to use my right leg due to pain and dis hernias pressing on the nerve. After surgery I could walk properly and all nerve pain was gone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

After a fall at home I was taken to hospital via ambulance and then seen by Dr Rao. He straight away organised some pain relief and then a CT which showed I had fractured several vertebrae. Dr Rao admitted me straight away and then performed surgery as the CT showed an infection. The 1st surgery went very well and after five weeks I returned home. On July 23 2019, I went back into hospital to have some Titanium screws and rods inserted in my back, and after the initial few days, the pain in my back settled and I was again able to come home. Dr Rao explained everything he was going to do very well, he is a very confident doctor and also very caring. I have had many years of chronic pain after a horrific MC accident and Dr Rao is by far the easiest doctor/surgeon to speak to, nothing seems to bother him, he has a great sense of humour and even makes family feel at ease. He even told me that after he sorts my back out, he will investigate my neck, which was also fractured in the accident, to see if he can alleviate the pain there too. I would not hesitate for one second to recommend Dr Rao to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

After suffering severe pain in my back & left leg that did not reduce after 6 weeks, my GP referred me to Dr. Rao, who diagnosed nerve compression at L4/5 vertebrae. A micro discectomy operation was scheduled for five days later at Norwest Private Hospital. Four hours after the operation I was up and walking around pain free for the first time in seven weeks, a blessed relief. I have the highest regard for Dr. Rao for the professional & caring way he & his staff handled my case. His surgical skills are first class, & I have no hesitation in recommending him to others suffering from severe back ailments. His three follow ups after the operation confirmed my opinion of him to be a caring & skilled surgeon with an approachable & down to earth manner. My sincere thanks Dr. Rao, at 77 years of age you have made my life liveable again.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2019

I came to see Dr Rao in a wheelchair, unable to weight-bear on my right leg due to the pain, and had broken my humerus in a fall as my leg had become so weak. Dr Rao arranged a cortisone injection to tide me over until my arm healed enough to withstand surgery to fuse L4/5 and release the nerve. the operation was a success; my recovery has been slow (I'm 83), but I can now walk unaided.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2019

Dr. Prashanth Rao's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Delta Dental