Ratings for Dr. Mitra Motamedi

terrible experience. she was dismissive, borderline rude. she was incompetent with the procedure and injured me in the process. now i have to miss a few days of work and be in pain just because this doctor did not know how to perform a simple task. Her punctuality and staff were fine, but when you come out of a doctor's office with considerably more pain than when you walk in, a rating above zero makes no sense.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

Worst doctor ever. Lack of knowledges and lack of care. So I would rate her as 1 star but she doesn’t deserve one single star (the system doesn’t have 0star so). She has lack of knowledge and that’s okay at least she has a will to learn from here but noticed she has lack of passion to learn new disease to her, well my disease is pretty common and disappointing that she doesn’t know about it at all. And this really surprised me that she rates herself as 3 star by herself on this website..?!?! What is she thinking ??? How can she rate herself where supposed for patients to rate her..,

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

She is a real mess. Very unprofessional and lack of knowledge and care. She doesn’t deserve any star.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

I first visited Dr. Motamedi when she was new to Hastings Sunrise Medical Clinic. I went to get a repeat prescription for 2 medicines in common use. Dr. Motamedi seemed distracted. She did not look at my medical history and her pharmacology knowledge was poor. Subsequent appointments have demonstrated her lack of medical knowledge . I have little confidence in her abilities.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

I find that she takes the time to explain what is causing my problem. She is very pleasant and I feel lucky to have found such a kind and knowledgeable person as my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

This doctor does not have the caring disposition required to be a doctor. She changed the dressing on my wound, rushed the work, didn’t apply anti-biotic (that she had next to her) and generally made me feel in-welcome.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

I took a day off work for Dr. Motamedi to suggest youtube to help.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

I’m still blown away that this could happen but she had tested me for herpes because I was having painful lesions and told me “no news was good news” When I didn’t receive a call I began looking into other possibilities, telling other doctors I had already been tested for herpes, until my symptoms became agonizingly painful to the point of not being able to sleep or function. When I called back I discovered that something went wrong with the test and nobody thought to call me. I was very upset and requested to see a different doctor. They booked me with her again despite my wishes so that she could explain herself. The explanation I received was that herpes symptoms usually don’t last so long, so she didn’t see the point in calling to tell me!! I went through excruciating pain, had to miss work and added medical costs because of her carelessness and if I were a different person, this could have put others I came in contact with at risk.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Horrible, horrible doctor. My father was having bowel issues last year and went to her with his concerns. At that time no referral was made to a surgeon. When those symptoms persisted he returned for a second time and she did refer to a surgeom. That surgeon also dismissed my father. His symptoms continued with changes so he returned to Dr.Motamedi and I asked if anything could help his symptoms , to that she responded “I am afraid there is nothing more I can do about his symptoms”. My dad’s symptoms continued to get worse (weight loss and blood in stool) so we returned to her again and asked for investigations. Her response at that appointment was “everyone is a doctor now”. We also returned to another surgeon who ordered a colonoscopy but the wait was > 2 months. At that time we considered doing the procedure privately. We returned a third time to Dr Motamedi as some of the bloodwork drawn by the private clinic was abnormal. When we returned to her about the results we asked her for a referral to St Paul’s Hospital (BC centre of excellence for colorectal) she said she would refer once he had his colonoscopy ( booked > 2months away). My sister continued to voice her concerns and she looked st her and.ssid “look at him he is healthy”, How could a Dr be able to say that with his symptoms.....weight loss, change of bowel habits and blood in his stool)’ My father and sister left that appointment with no referral to St Pauls. I then called the office and insisted that she send a referral (which she did). The next day the hospital called and booked his colonoscopy the following week. Unfortunately, the results were not good. He has been diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. Needless to say we have not returned to Dr. Motamedi and were fortunate enough to have found another GP who actually apologized that we had to go through that. My dad will begin treatment in the next few weeks .....all before his original colonoscopy date (the one she told us to wait for). No words can describe my feelings for this “Doctor”. I will be meeting with her to voice my concerns. After reading some reviews please do not let this doctor dismiss you. Advocate for your own health care. I am thinking she does not care about her patients.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

fascinating the difference in experience. i am in the camp of this is a person who just doesn't care.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr. Mitra Motamedi's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients