Ratings for Dr. Mitra Motamedi

I’m still blown away that this could happen but she had tested me for herpes because I was having painful lesions and told me “no news was good news” When I didn’t receive a call I began looking into other possibilities, telling other doctors I had already been tested for herpes, until my symptoms became agonizingly painful to the point of not being able to sleep or function. When I called back I discovered that something went wrong with the test and nobody thought to call me. I was very upset and requested to see a different doctor. They booked me with her again despite my wishes so that she could explain herself. The explanation I received was that herpes symptoms usually don’t last so long, so she didn’t see the point in calling to tell me!! I went through excruciating pain, had to miss work and added medical costs because of her carelessness and if I were a different person, this could have put others I came in contact with at risk.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Horrible, horrible doctor. My father was having bowel issues last year and went to her with his concerns. At that time no referral was made to a surgeon. When those symptoms persisted he returned for a second time and she did refer to a surgeom. That surgeon also dismissed my father. His symptoms continued with changes so he returned to Dr.Motamedi and I asked if anything could help his symptoms , to that she responded “I am afraid there is nothing more I can do about his symptoms”. My dad’s symptoms continued to get worse (weight loss and blood in stool) so we returned to her again and asked for investigations. Her response at that appointment was “everyone is a doctor now”. We also returned to another surgeon who ordered a colonoscopy but the wait was > 2 months. At that time we considered doing the procedure privately. We returned a third time to Dr Motamedi as some of the bloodwork drawn by the private clinic was abnormal. When we returned to her about the results we asked her for a referral to St Paul’s Hospital (BC centre of excellence for colorectal) she said she would refer once he had his colonoscopy ( booked > 2months away). My sister continued to voice her concerns and she looked st her and.ssid “look at him he is healthy”, How could a Dr be able to say that with his symptoms.....weight loss, change of bowel habits and blood in his stool)’ My father and sister left that appointment with no referral to St Pauls. I then called the office and insisted that she send a referral (which she did). The next day the hospital called and booked his colonoscopy the following week. Unfortunately, the results were not good. He has been diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. Needless to say we have not returned to Dr. Motamedi and were fortunate enough to have found another GP who actually apologized that we had to go through that. My dad will begin treatment in the next few weeks .....all before his original colonoscopy date (the one she told us to wait for). No words can describe my feelings for this “Doctor”. I will be meeting with her to voice my concerns. After reading some reviews please do not let this doctor dismiss you. Advocate for your own health care. I am thinking she does not care about her patients.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

fascinating the difference in experience. i am in the camp of this is a person who just doesn't care.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Caring, kind, compassionate and competent . I'm an older patient with a complex medical disorder. My family doctor was away and I was fortunate to see the wonderful Dr. Motamedi. She listened and then provided terrific care. She 's warm and has a fun sense of humour too. Thank you, Dr. M.! The office staff are so pleasant and competent too!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Huff's for over twenty years. Her replacement, Dr. Motamedi, should not be doing this job. She is dismissive, trite, and really does not seem like she has any interest in helping. 10 minutes is the time she gives. I went to see her about side effects, which state, "seek medical attention should these serious side-effects arise" . To which she basically shrugged her shoulders, and asked what I would like to do. I had the distinct feeling that I should buck-up and push through, and not waster her time. She did not ask questions. She did not ask about any history. She did not read my chart. She did not offer any suggestions. I walked out feeling worse than I did going in. Shame on you Mitra Motamedi - you do not deserve to be addressed as doctor. Yes, I do hope you find a way to improve because you are way off the mark.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

The worst experience in my life. I would gladly give testimony in disciplinary action for her removal from performing medicine in BC. I question her ethics and prejudices. She's looking for patients that are 'easy'.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Extremely unhelpful, no empathy, zero patient care. Dr. Motamedi inherited Dr. Huff’s patients and my medical care since has been dismissed and treated as a waste of time. I have visited Dr. Motamedi several times since the transition and every visit has been negative. My personal life has recently taken a toll on me and I am suffering from depression, high levels of stress and have been completly unstable. This has impacted me from going to work. When I went to see Dr. Motamedi to support a stress leave from work she compleltely ignored my state of mind and said that she was only seeing “walk in patients” today and did not have enough time to discuss anything with me. She stated that she required “20 mins to complete a mood assessment”. I tried to explain to her what my personal crisis consisted of and she cut me off and said that “I need to book an appointment”. Zero empathy with no respect for my health and condition. She then had the disgracefulness to say that she “never supports a leave from work as going back to work will help keep your mind off things”. This is my family doctor and I was not able to spend 10 minutes with her, she did not even acknowledge if I was suicidal. Our 5 minute appointment ended with her recommendation that I should focus on being more “mindfulness”. Dr. Motamedi is extremely unprofessional with no regard for medical care. Doctors should respect their patients and put their personal biases away, this was clearly not demonstrated. I was able to see Dr. Lam at a walk in clinic and he at least spent 10 minutes to really discover how I was and my mental health, thank you to Dr. Lam that at least acknowledged my state of health and confirmed I was not suicidal, the last thing you need when you are not physically or mentally stable is a doctor that doesnt have time for you and treats you based on their “personal” opinions.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

This is Dr. Motamedi; I was reading reviews cause I do care for patient's feedbacks. I tell everyone that I am tough in prescribing opioids, benzos, narcotics and tough in doing disability forms UNLESS I see them truly appropriate. Some patients may not like this, but this is the way I am and believe it should be. Thanks again for your feedbacks. There are always rooms for improvement. For this, I had to rate myself, so I rated myself in the middle :)

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

I have a spinal disability which affects my employment. Every six months I have to submit to a medical review in order to keep my job. My regular physician suddenly retired and I needed a physician to examine my medical information and submit a report to my employer. This "doctor" asked questions about my previous physician's sudden retirement which did not make any sense to me at all.This "doctor" had problems with the information that was provided ,yet could not specify exactly what the issues were. This "doctor" refused to cooperate so I ended the visit.I returned two days later and was seen by a different physician .This doctor treated me very well and did sign my paperwork.A person with a disability should never be treated like this!Shame on you Motamedi.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

So far so good with Dr. Motamedi, Dr. Huff's replacement. While a senior, I am healthy, active & well informed so a relatively easy patient to manage so far. The moralizing signs need to go. Patients either don't need the advice or won't take it.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Mitra Motamedi's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Commercial Insurance Company