Ratings for Dr. Mehdi Noroozi

Excellent doctor, knowledgable specialist with great communication skills and bedside manner. My sister works in dental field and she said this specialist is the most sought after implant specialist in Vancouver. It may Take a bit longer to see him but it is totally worth the time and money. Strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Dr. Noroozi and his office memebers go above and beyond to ensure patients safety and comfort. I have had multiple oral surgery with this specialist including gum and bone grafting and implants. I cannot thank him enough for making these procedures as comfortable as possible. The postoperative care was exceptional. As a medical doctor myself; I truly believe that Dr. Noroozi is one of the best health care professionals I have ever met. His training, experience, surgery and interpersonal skills are far ahead of his colleagues. I highly recommend him to everyone who needs their services.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Exceptional care from a talented specialist. I was very satisfied with his work. His attention to details is amazing. I found him compassionate, friendly, easy to talk to and his work was second to none based on what my dentist told me about my surgery result.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2019

This is gonna be a long one but here goes... In 2010 I was in an accident that left me with 3 of my front teeth broken. Two were fixable with a crown and veneer but the third was fractured and had to be pulled and replaced with a dental implant (a metal post that is screwed into your jaw bone). I was recommended to a local periodontist in Victoria to do the procedure. Initially there were no problems with my implant; however, about 3 years later I returned to the same periodontist because the tooth was starting to protrude a lot and I was seeing a lot of recession in the gum above it. At the time, he told me there was not much he could do about it. Fast forward to 2017, I returned to the same periodontist as the recession had only gotten worse, and I was informed that I would need to remove the tooth and have gum surgery to try and fix the recession. After an extremely invasive and painful gum surgery I was left with something that kind of fixed the recession, but left other issues. I was then referred to a prosthodontist for the making of my new tooth. After over a year of wearing a retainer with a fake tooth on it, and not being able to smile at all, I had my final appointment to have the permanent tooth put in. After a 3 hour long appointment I was finally able to see my new tooth..... it did not match my other teeth… at ALL. I was so disappointed. The prosthodontist seemed annoyed that I didn’t think it matched and angrily removed it, replaced my temporary tooth again, and told me he would need to start all over again and stormed off. After this horrible experience, and not being happy with how my gum was looking anyway, I decided to go elsewhere. Since Victoria is very limited for choices of dental specialists, I looked to Vancouver. I first went to see Dr. Noroozi in December of 2018. In 4 months he has fixed what my original periodontist attempted to fix for over a year. I won’t get into the details of all the work I had to have done, but the difference in the level of professionalism, empathy, and commitment between my original periodontist and Dr. Noroozi has been insane. Since going to him I have learned that my previous periodontist used the wrong type of implant, among other problems, which caused a lot of the issues I’ve had. After a year and a half of not being able to smile at all, and many years before that of being self conscious of my smile, I can finally say... I’m so freaking happy I can smile again!!!!!! The TLDR: Do your research!!! Just because someone is a professional, doesn’t mean they know everything or are the BEST at what they do. Always get a second opinion. Listen to your gut!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

I have had the worst gum recessions you can imagine following hard brushing and braces. I was suffering for a long time not being able to drink or eat anything cold or hot. I consulted several dentists and periodentists in Lower mainland and they all recommended gum grafting to be taken from the roof of my mouth 5-6 times due to extension of receding gums or patching up the recession with some plastic fillings which have to be redone every 2-3 years with no guarantee that would help with sensitivity. I was horrified to go through cutting my palate several times and I search for the most experienced Pinhole surgeon. I was so lucky to find Dr. Noroozi. I had two operations for treatment of receding gums around 19 teeth in top and bottom. Other than minor swelling for few days after surgeries, I had no pain and no bleeding whatsoever. The recovery was very fast. I believe Dr. Noroozi must have done a great job as 2 years later, my gums are stronger, I feel almost no sensitive to cold and I have a very decent smile. I wish I could have found Dr. Noroozi 10 years ago. The office is a well-run facility. Highly recommended this surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

He is one of The best periodontist in vancouver .he is knowledgeable

flag | Submitted April 8, 2019

Simply the best of the best. Top notch surgeon, professional team, great office. He did a complex bone graft and implants which every other dentists told me is impossible to achieve.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

I was referred to Dr.Noroozi by one of my colleagues who was his patient for years. Very positive experience. Staff and doctor were professional and friendly. The office was very clean and spotless. The digital xrays and CT scan in office was very convenient so I did not have to be referred somewherelse. Thevtreatment plan cost and phases were provided to me. The entire team in this office seems they know what they are doimg. I was treated and taken care of very professionally and I am recovering from surgery now with very minimal discomfort which I have not had to take any pain killers for so far. Thank you Dr.Noroozi and I highly recommend this specialist. Lisa

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

Dr. Noroozi, and his entire team including receptionist Cathy, assistant Sally and hygienist Lisa, are kind, gentle and professional. I had two previous periodontal surgeries done in my hometown with quite poor results. After that, I sought out a second opinion and after extensive research found Dr. Noroozi. He did an excellent job with the third surgery in the same area. The pain and discomfort that were significant with my first two surgeries were only mild with Dr. Noroozi’s surgery. I feel this is because he is a careful, meticulous surgeon, who also uses advanced techniques like platelet rich plasma, high quality periodontal dressings and laser treatment. I have to travel 5 hours each way to visit the office but it is well worth it to get to such a competent and ethical periodontist practice!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2019

The office is bright and clean with highest technologies and very new equipment. Staff are friendly and professional. The environment is very inviting and stress free. My consultation with Dr. Noroozi was very informative. Looking forward to starting my treatments in this office.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Dr. Mehdi Noroozi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mehdi Noroozi, board-certified specialist in periodontics and implant surgery, fellow of royal college of dental specialists of Canada and diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, attained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Toronto, Canada. After a few successful years in private practice, he completed an intense three-year surgical specialty residency at the University of British Columbia, where he received extensive training in treating periodontal diseases, cosmetic oral plastic procedures, dental implants and reconstructive surgeries leading to a Masters degree in craniofacial science with focus on dental implantology, as well as a specialized diploma in advanced periodontics and implant surgery. Dr. Noroozi is a graduate of the advanced bone and soft tissue graft course by Prof. Khoury from University of Münster, Germany. Dr. Mehdi Noroozi has been the recipient of numerous prestigious academic awards, including “The Canadian Academy of Periodontology Prize” for the most outstanding student in clinical Periodontology and “William R. Jackson Award” for excellence and superior ability in clinical Prosthodontics. He was also among the few to be awarded twice the “UBC DMD Graduate Teaching Assistant Award” in 2013 and 2014, in recognition of his excellence in teaching. Dr. Mehdi Noroozi is the founder and director of the Envision Periodontics and Implantology Core (EPIC) study club and Vancouver ITI Study Club dedicated to providing dental professionals with advanced continuing dental education at its highest level. Dr. Noroozi has several publications in different fields of dentistry and presented research at several national and international conferences. His research interest focused on the outcomes of implant therapy in patients with self-reported penicillin allergy. As a certified specialist in periodontics and clinical assistant professor at the University of British Columbia, Dr. Noroozi is involved in formal training of student dentists. Dr. Noroozi currently maintains a private practice specializing in all aspects of periodontal therapy with strong emphasis on implant related surgery, bone and soft tissue grafting. He is also one of very few periodontists licensed by the College of Dental Surgeons to provide intravenous sedation. Dr. Noroozi maintains his status of specialist in good standing, as the fellow of Royal College of Dentists of Canada (FRCDC). He is a fellow of the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, and active member of Canadian Academy of Periodontology, American Academy of Periodontology, International Team for Implantology (ITI), Academy of Osseointegration, BC Society of Periodontists and BC Dental Association. He is currently pursuing the Diplomat status with the American Board of Periodontology. To be at the forefront of the most recent advancements in periodontics and to provide his patients with the highest quality treatments, he was certified in Chao Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™ and will be one of the pioneers of this revolutionary gum rejuvenation technique in Vancouver and Canada. Mehdi is dedicated to providing his patients with outstanding personalized care in a friendly welcoming environment through his top-notch knowledge and skills. He practices full scope of periodontics and implantology in his own office in North Burnaby and Vancouver. He is also a professor at UBC.

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2011)
  • University of British Columbia