Ratings for Dr. Kara Nguyen

Dr. Nguyen and the staff at the Shady Grove Lancaster were amazing in our journey. I am 44 years old and was using eggs that were collected when I was 41. My husband and I are now expecting our daughter in December. It hasn't been easy but Dr. Nguyen worked with us every step of the way. The support staff is also amazing! They are rooting for you throughout the whole process.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2019

Dr. Nguyen is an incredible mix of knowledge and genuine care for her patients. We asked a TON of questions and she was right there throughout the beginning of our journey to guide us and offer us the best knowledge and care that we could ever ask for at such a scary and unfamiliar time. I would recommend her wholeheartedly and I will definitely be returning if we try for baby #2 in the future!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Dr Nguyen is THE BEST. She is engaged and truly cares about your journey. She was so kind and patient with me- and trust me, I test that with millions and millions of questions! I highly recommend her to any and everyone seeking infertility treatment.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

I would recommend Dr. Nguyen to anyone! She is simply amazing. She is caring, compassionate and very knowledgeable. We felt like she was truly invested in helping us build a family.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

My husband and I can't say enough about the treatment and hope we received at Shady Grove. Dr. Nguygen was open, honest, and extremely positive. We attempted two IUIs, and two IVFs with remarkably bad outcomes. We were facing a harsh reality, but Dr. Nguyen encouraged us to keep our faith and allowed us to attempt a 3rd IUI. I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant with our miracle baby. "Thank you" will never be enough!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Nguyen is the best of the best! I went to her after I felt like another fertility center was doing unnecessary/painful/expensive tests for a second opinion. Not only did she agree with me she tailored my plan to my specific needs. She have my husband and I hope when we lost it. Most importantly she made my dreams come true as we are now pregnant with our second baby to complete our family. I will forever be grateful to her and her entire staff!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

My wife and I met Dr. Nguyen during our second IUI cycle while we were patients of another physician in the practice. After three unsuccessful IUI’s, we scheduled a follow up consult and decided to proceed with an IVF cycle with Dr. Nguyen as our RE. During that cycle, Dr. Nguyen was kind, caring, welcoming, patient, personable & supportive of us. We transferred one beautiful day 5 embryo and are now expecting a sweet little girl due July 2018. Our family is forever grateful for Dr. Nguyen!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr.Nguyen was so caring and made me feel comfortable. She is the best! Got pregnant in 3 months time. She gave me hope. Now blessed with a healthy baby girl!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I saw Dr. Nguyen when she was in Mechanicsburg. She was wonderful! She was caring, informative and very knowledgeable. She diagnosed me with PCOS very quickly and started treatment right away. We started seeing her in November 2015 and were pregnant by January 2016 with one IUI. Our little boy was born in September and is about to turn 6 months old. Couldn't ask for a better doctor!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

We had a great experience with Dr. Nguyen and staff at RMA! Based on Dr. Nguyen's recommendation, we were able to get pregnant with the first thing we tried at RMA. We now have a beautiful five week-old daughter and could not be happier!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Kara Nguyen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Originally from Harrisburg, PA, Dr. Kara Nguyen received her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College and Masters in Public Health at the Johns Hopkins University. She completed two sub-specialty fellowships in Clinical Genetics at the National Institutes of Health and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. With her research in stem cells and infertility, she was recognized as the first OB/GYN accepted into the prestigious Clinical Investigator Training Program of Harvard Catalyst. She has also served on the Committee on Genetics for the American College of OB/GYNs and is an active member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). Dr. Nguyen is triple-board certified in OB/GYN, Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, and Clinical Genetics. She served as the Division Director for PinnacleHealth’s OBGYN Department and now delivers fertility care to the greater Central PA region

• English
  • Vietnamese

• Pennsylvania State University (Grad. 1999)
  • Johns Hopkins University (Grad. 2004)
  • Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2005)

• Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Uterine polyps
  • Ectopic pregnancy
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)

• William H. Slate Research Award
  • Clinical Investigator Training Program Award, Harvard University

• Pre-IVF evaluation of the infertile woman, 2012
  • The day I made a difference, May 2009
  • Benign Cervical Lesions, October 2009
  • Maternal XX/X chromosome mosaicism in donor oocyte in vitro fertilization (IVF). Middle East Fertility Society Journal., 3/6/12

Providence