Dr. Jonathan Fan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Fan

There are so many things about this doctor that I dislike! His whole aura is off, yes you can be knowledgeable but you need to listen to your patients, especially when they are coming to you about concerns about their bodies and symptoms they're experiencing. I feel a sense of attitude or maybe annoyance when I visit this man. I feel rushed and my issues are taken lightly. Dr. Fan has made me feel uncomfortable a few times by how he has refer to me being "obese". Today has been one of my longest wait times (been waiting over 1 hour now). Usually short wait time, staff is good and the original group of ladies back when the amazing, awesome Dr. Sharma was around (RIP)

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

This doctor will take several years to be an average doctor. I think he needs some treatment for himself first as he has a severe problem in understanding and communicating with his patients. He gets irritated and make weird faces if patient ask any question or explanation about the medical issues and contents of reports. He feels very high of talking in medical language using complex medical technologies and has no patience to explain them in simple language that any patient can understand. Moreover, his irritability actually makes patient uncomfortable in asking questions. He will never spend more than 5-10 minutes with patients. He has the habit of opposing to whatever patient says, not listening and misunderstanding his patients. He is very poor in communication. Several months ago I went to him for my persistent cough and I told him that I have tried everything like puffers, cough syrup and other medications and seen some doctors but nothing seems to work. I requested a referral to the respirologist but he said "I can do everything what a respirologist can Do and I will not refer you to respirologist" Even though he prescribed a medicine which helped for few days but my cough started again as soon as the course of medicine was complete. Then I requested him again to refer me to a respirologist. He again refused. He sent me for lung test saying that's exactly what respirologist will do. My lung test report came normal but my cough did not stop. Then I had to go for my kidney stone surgery during the CT scan it was found I have some enlarged lymph nodes. I was referred to a specialist for the lymph nodes which specialist said everything is normal in regards to lymph nodes. Then I requested the specialist to refer me to a respirologist as Jonathan was not referring me to respirologist. The specialist immediately made a note in his report and requested Jonathan Fan to send me to a respirologist for my cough. Specialist also ordered a CT scan of my chest which Jonathan Fan should have ordered long time ago when I went to him for my cough. Now my CT scan shows suspicious Neoplasm which Jonathan never explained to me what it means but now referred me to respirologist after 6 months of my initial request for respirologist. Respirologist (Dr. Fanares) is so good. She treated me like a friend and is now working on Tubersulosis test and bronchoscipy which could have started 6 months ago had Jonathan Fan listened to me as a good doctor would do. STAY AWAY from this dictor

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Very good doctor and knowledgeable. I am happy I found a good doctor

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr.Fan I can simply say best family doctor.Very thorough, punctual, A++ Knowledge, understanding and helping.Highly recommend him.The office staff is also very nice.Simply best in always.Trust me he really deserves 5star and by all means.I am patient at clinic since dr.sharma but he is really best Dr.I meet after dr.sharma.Thank you Dr.Jonathan Fan.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I met Dr. Fan for the first time today and I have to say he is so knowledgeable. He assessed my presenting issues and prescribed the right interventions suitable for my issues. He answered all my questions with such confidence. He is very thorough and takes proper time in assessing a patient. Couldn't be happier to have picked him as my new family doctor. I highly recommend him! His front staff are also very nice and attends to patient needs properly.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Fan is really good. After Dr. Kholi left for maternity leave i decided to switch doctor but then i hear my relatives going to see him and they said he was really nice. Not until i visited him myself, he was very patience to find out my problems. He is very helpful and informative :)...Highly recommended

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

just came back from Dr Jonathan, he is very kind and patience. the front desk is nice, thank you all for your review, i just want to say, check all those five stars reviews. they are so true!!! i am so happy that i can have him as my family doc!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr. Fan is very educational. He takes time to explain the medical issue to me. I appreciate a doctor that actually listens to the concern and then decides what to do. Rather than some other docs who thinks they know what is best before listening to me.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Great doctor! Very kind and thorough. Extremely understanding and explains things very well. He is quite young and still has things learn but is honest when he is unsure about some things. Best doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Horrible doctor, very rude and has no compassion for his patients. Would not recommend him at all to anyone!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Jonathan Fan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2013)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2015)