Ratings for Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman

Horrible doctor. Told me that I need to change my personality and then I will not have depression. Also told me that I’m the problem and no medics can help me. I felt horrible after leaving this appointment and will not return. No wonder people don’t seek help from a psychiatrist...you are treated like a second class citizen.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Made me feel worthless and anxious. My Dr referred me to her and i didn't know what to expect - i left feeling absolutely horrible and angry. She'd ask me questions and whenever i answered she stated "are you sure about that?" which made me feel very uncomfortable. Doens't know how to deal with anxiety or depression in patients. I told her i wanted to look into alternatives to simply upping my medication and what did i leave with? a prescription for a higher dose of my medication...

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Ghuman is excellent at her job. She is very clear and honest, takes her time and listens intently. I got the sense that she tells it like it is and genuinely cares that her client/patient heals and finds lasting solutions to their problems. She is not a Doctor who will do a quick assessment and hand out a prescription down, rather she takes the time and effort to come up with a holistic treatment plan.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Made me feel horrible about myself and gave me medication I should never have been on.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Totally out to lunch, unorganized and shows no interest in truly helping a patient, I would not recommend her services.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Dr. Ghuman is very helpful. I found her to be a great listener. She tackles more then your med needs. She takes a whole mind body approach. I now practice mindfulness and body relaxation techniques. I have found these techniques which are just simple apps to download so helpful in controlling the feelings of being out of control. I would highly recommend her. She has been very helpful to me. She is a nice lady that makes you feel very comfortable discussing your problems. And I do feel she has many helpful solutions beyond the meds she can prescribe.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

I had a few visit with Dr Ghuman over a past year, not only she helped me reduce my medication and put my self in a healthier steps and also she made me realize I'm not alone dealing with life struggles, definitely I recommend to others, because she made a real difference in my life... Thanks

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for my anxiety and depression. The first appointment I was really nervous due to the fact I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists before but she make me feel at ease right away. Also if she wants you to do something (homework) she will usually show you how it is supposed to be done in the office( e.g. Breathing exercises) She is an active listener and a great person, I would recommend Dr. Ghuman

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I could write an entire novel but I will keep it short. A few months ago I was on the verge of checking myself into a hospital as I was terrified and fed up with dealing with my life. My anxiety and depression were out of control. Dr Ghuman made a change to my meds and gave me a list of some life style changes and a couple months later I am doing SO much better. I have my life back. And I couldn't be more grateful. My only major gripe as Its impossible to call the office to book/rebook appts. You need to call/leave a message and wait for them to call back which can turn into a massive game of phone tag. I'd recommend making your appts in person at that little window.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Was always late, always forgot my name, could never remember anything about me. I was sent to her because of my extreme anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder and depression. My last session with her she called me a completely different name, and the only thing she could offer me each and every time I went was group therapy which I turned down every time because of my anxiety. She looked me dead in the eyes and said "how do you expect me to help you if you reject everything I offer? Why are you even here?" At this point I started crying as I'm not good with eye contact or confrontation of any kind, I've told her I was suicidal every time I went to see her yet she always forgot. She asked and I confessed to her that I had tried to take my own life by slitting my wrist about a week prior to this oppointment and she accused me of threatening to cut myself over every little thing. I told her through tears this was not the case and I only self harmed once with the intention on dying, I was almost hospitalized because I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. I was hysterically crying at this point and she just stopped talking, wrote me a prescription and said "from now on just follow up with your family doctor again, I don't want to see you anymore." I've never felt so worthless and belittled in my life. This was my first experience with a psychiatrist and now I'm traumatized and terrified to death to see another one in fear of being judged again. Do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients