Ratings for Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman

I had a few visit with Dr Ghuman over a past year, not only she helped me reduce my medication and put my self in a healthier steps and also she made me realize I'm not alone dealing with life struggles, definitely I recommend to others, because she made a real difference in my life... Thanks

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Sub par doctor. Avoid if possible. Not very knowledgeable and helpful. She likes to talk about her problems and not listen to the patient. Her favorite phrase is "I don't know". Trained in a third world country clearly shows.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for my anxiety and depression. The first appointment I was really nervous due to the fact I've had bad experiences with psychiatrists before but she make me feel at ease right away. Also if she wants you to do something (homework) she will usually show you how it is supposed to be done in the office( e.g. Breathing exercises) She is an active listener and a great person, I would recommend Dr. Ghuman

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I could write an entire novel but I will keep it short. A few months ago I was on the verge of checking myself into a hospital as I was terrified and fed up with dealing with my life. My anxiety and depression were out of control. Dr Ghuman made a change to my meds and gave me a list of some life style changes and a couple months later I am doing SO much better. I have my life back. And I couldn't be more grateful. My only major gripe as Its impossible to call the office to book/rebook appts. You need to call/leave a message and wait for them to call back which can turn into a massive game of phone tag. I'd recommend making your appts in person at that little window.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Was always late, always forgot my name, could never remember anything about me. I was sent to her because of my extreme anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder and depression. My last session with her she called me a completely different name, and the only thing she could offer me each and every time I went was group therapy which I turned down every time because of my anxiety. She looked me dead in the eyes and said "how do you expect me to help you if you reject everything I offer? Why are you even here?" At this point I started crying as I'm not good with eye contact or confrontation of any kind, I've told her I was suicidal every time I went to see her yet she always forgot. She asked and I confessed to her that I had tried to take my own life by slitting my wrist about a week prior to this oppointment and she accused me of threatening to cut myself over every little thing. I told her through tears this was not the case and I only self harmed once with the intention on dying, I was almost hospitalized because I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. I was hysterically crying at this point and she just stopped talking, wrote me a prescription and said "from now on just follow up with your family doctor again, I don't want to see you anymore." I've never felt so worthless and belittled in my life. This was my first experience with a psychiatrist and now I'm traumatized and terrified to death to see another one in fear of being judged again. Do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for help with my depression, anxiety and hypochondria. I waited about a half hour past my appointment time to see her. When I was taken in to see her, she did not look at any of my paperwork/questionnaire that I had filled out while waiting. She asked why I was there and seemed rather hostile when I told her that my Nurse Practitioner wanted me to be evaluated by a Psychiatrist. She asked me a few questions, then stopped in the middle of our discussion to ask me where she could take her kids strawberry picking. When she asked about pre-existing medical conditions I told her I have hypothyroid and was recently diagnosed with anemia. She asked if these were under control, I told her not at the moment because all of the medications are fighting with each other. She slammed her papers down and asked me "Then why are you here?! those conditions can cause anxiety and depression". I told her that I have been dealing with my mental health issues for about a decade even when my pre-existing conditions were under control. She was going to send me away to come back when things were fixed and at that point I was in tears. She asked me why I was crying, well, because I came here for help and I'm clearly not getting the help I need. She scribbled something down on a prescription pad and gave it to me and we were finished. I left her office in tears and fighting a panic attack (ironic?). I did not fill her prescription since I did not believe she truly knew how I was feeling, because she never asked. I told the office I would not be returning for a "follow-up".

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

She made me feel comfortable right away. She listened to my concerns about my crohns disease. She is knowledgeable and caring. She listens when you speak and she makes you feel better about yourself and you feel like you can tackle the rest of your week. I would recommend her to everyone. This is the doctor to trust when you feel so low. She'll bring you back to feeling like yourself. Thank you Dr. H. Ghuman!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for help with anxiety and PTSD during my pregnancy. A year prior, my first pregnancy had resulted in my full term baby dying of unexpected complications. Throughout the brief 25 minute consultation, she went through a list of preliminary questions and then read through a Power Point presentation on postpartum depression. At no point did she ask me to elaborate on how I have been feeling, nor did she acknowledge how the trauma of my baby's death might be affecting my mental health during this pregnancy. She prescribed a medication for my postpartum period, but otherwise told me to "self-refer" to a therapist and seek out additional support on my own. I was also floored when she said that she "understood" my anxiety because she once had a bad experience with a root canal and has since felt the need to frequently go to the dentist to make sure her teeth are okay....as if that experience is comparable to watching one's child die. I left feeling like she did not listen to or care about my concerns at all. She did say at the end of the appointment that I "could" see her again if I wanted to, but at that point I knew it would be a waste of my time. Needless to say, I would not recommend this doctor to any patient whose mental health struggles are exacerbated by experiences of trauma.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have been seen this doctor for the past 4 months. She is very easy to talk and I got a good connection with her. As a mother she understood my position and the root of my problems. She suggested mindfulness CBT, yoga for stress relief and private counselling to deal with my issues after divorce. All of this with the right medicine has helped me to move on. She is charismatic, good listener and with good knowledge to help you. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Ghuman for only a few months but I can say that she is a very good doctor. She is kind and a good listener. Although young she is very knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. I was referred to her by my GP only to get my medication in order. I am feeling a lot better now and no longer need to take on going meds so I will no longer be seeing her. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients