Ratings for Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for help with my depression, anxiety and hypochondria. I waited about a half hour past my appointment time to see her. When I was taken in to see her, she did not look at any of my paperwork/questionnaire that I had filled out while waiting. She asked why I was there and seemed rather hostile when I told her that my Nurse Practitioner wanted me to be evaluated by a Psychiatrist. She asked me a few questions, then stopped in the middle of our discussion to ask me where she could take her kids strawberry picking. When she asked about pre-existing medical conditions I told her I have hypothyroid and was recently diagnosed with anemia. She asked if these were under control, I told her not at the moment because all of the medications are fighting with each other. She slammed her papers down and asked me "Then why are you here?! those conditions can cause anxiety and depression". I told her that I have been dealing with my mental health issues for about a decade even when my pre-existing conditions were under control. She was going to send me away to come back when things were fixed and at that point I was in tears. She asked me why I was crying, well, because I came here for help and I'm clearly not getting the help I need. She scribbled something down on a prescription pad and gave it to me and we were finished. I left her office in tears and fighting a panic attack (ironic?). I did not fill her prescription since I did not believe she truly knew how I was feeling, because she never asked. I told the office I would not be returning for a "follow-up".

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

She made me feel comfortable right away. She listened to my concerns about my crohns disease. She is knowledgeable and caring. She listens when you speak and she makes you feel better about yourself and you feel like you can tackle the rest of your week. I would recommend her to everyone. This is the doctor to trust when you feel so low. She'll bring you back to feeling like yourself. Thank you Dr. H. Ghuman!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Ghuman for help with anxiety and PTSD during my pregnancy. A year prior, my first pregnancy had resulted in my full term baby dying of unexpected complications. Throughout the brief 25 minute consultation, she went through a list of preliminary questions and then read through a Power Point presentation on postpartum depression. At no point did she ask me to elaborate on how I have been feeling, nor did she acknowledge how the trauma of my baby's death might be affecting my mental health during this pregnancy. She prescribed a medication for my postpartum period, but otherwise told me to "self-refer" to a therapist and seek out additional support on my own. I was also floored when she said that she "understood" my anxiety because she once had a bad experience with a root canal and has since felt the need to frequently go to the dentist to make sure her teeth are okay....as if that experience is comparable to watching one's child die. I left feeling like she did not listen to or care about my concerns at all. She did say at the end of the appointment that I "could" see her again if I wanted to, but at that point I knew it would be a waste of my time. Needless to say, I would not recommend this doctor to any patient whose mental health struggles are exacerbated by experiences of trauma.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have been seen this doctor for the past 4 months. She is very easy to talk and I got a good connection with her. As a mother she understood my position and the root of my problems. She suggested mindfulness CBT, yoga for stress relief and private counselling to deal with my issues after divorce. All of this with the right medicine has helped me to move on. She is charismatic, good listener and with good knowledge to help you. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Ghuman for only a few months but I can say that she is a very good doctor. She is kind and a good listener. Although young she is very knowledgeable and knows what she is talking about. I was referred to her by my GP only to get my medication in order. I am feeling a lot better now and no longer need to take on going meds so I will no longer be seeing her. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr. Ghumam is very down to earth and easy to talk too. At first she listens intently to what you have to say. She has a very direct gaze when she is listening. When sitting and talking with her I feel completely at ease. She does not have a high and mighty attitude like some psychiatrists I have seen. I have found her recommendations to be spot on and the meds she put me on are helping after trying many others with other psychiatrists. Her insight on where my anxiety and depression stem from blew me away because it was so true and I had not seen it. I am so grateful that she was recommended to me by my family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr Ghuman has been incredibly helpful. She is thorough, to the point and offers some helpful holistic type suggestions along with any needed medication. Which was very appreciated! I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She seems to have a general interest in my overall well being and not just simply what she can prescribe to help. I would definitely recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

She is a great doctor. She has been helping me with my depression and has been doing a great job

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Not great at dealing with patients with specific problems - I told her I had problems with alcohol addiction and she was basically like, "OK, so take these pills and stop drinking, yeah?" which didn't help at all. She seems like a nice person and is very empathetic, but just wants to prescribe rather than actually do anything.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

First time seeing a dr in her profession so I really didn't know what to expect. She seems like she knows her stuff so I highly recommend her to anyone looking for help. As for the puntuality I rated it 3 stars because the 2nd visit there was a little miscummunication and I had to wait about an hour to see her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Harleen K. Ghuman's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients