Ratings for Dr. Greg Villeneuve

Self employed without dental insurance, and 50 years of not brushing and fear of extortion and pain from previous dentists...I somehow ended up in Dr. Villeneuve's chair. I explained to him my previous experiences and how the last time I went to see a dentist, that it felt like I was a sitting duck just stuck in the chair to get robbed. I only wanted fillings, and wasn't interested in crowns, caps, root canals, and bone grafts, or anything fancy that glowed in the dark. He understood and quoted me a price for work on 15 Chiclets which was reasonable enough to cancel my future planned escape to Mexico. In return, I got 6 professional sessions, where he did some very professional work, where I felt no pain, staff was great, and now when I smile, I no longer look like a homeless person...lol. He pays great attention to detail, and really knows what he's doing. And above all...he's honest! Hard to find out there. The quoted price at the beginning, was all I paid. Even though there were one or two teeth that maybe were very close to needing root canals, and one most certainly was, he was able to fix them without forcing me to accept a root canal, and I could tell from the x-rays they were close to needing them. Now if either of those teeth need a root canal, I would certainly be back to have that done, as his prices are much less than quoted me elsewhere, and I KNOW it will get done right. For all the self employed people and uninsured folks out there, he's your Dentist. You won't get a better job for a lower price. Thank you Dr. Greg Villeneuve!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

If going to the dentist could be called awesome, Dr. Greg and Staff would fit that description!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

I strongly recommend Dr. Villanueve. Very skilled and experienced. I am new to his clinic and I reviewed this web b4 I transfer to him. He save a tooth for me. A bad tooth with a root canal a few years ago and a crack recently. He gave me options and turns out we made a correct decision together to do fillings. I feel I get a new/natural tooth with full function now. Their charge is very reasonable. Front desk Tara and Allie are very nice and helpful as well. Greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

Dr. Greg and his amazing team have completely changed the way I view a trip to the dentist. No more dread and fear. My experience with a crown replacement was free of both pain and discomfort. The procedure was quick and efficient with a constant stream of information of what was being done and why. Any residual effects of the freezing were gone before I reached my car. No lead tongue or immobile face for hours after. The whole experience felt no more intrusive than getting my hair done. This entire team is outstanding, truly professional, competent, and caring.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2019

I, like a fellow reviewer who had not seen a dentist in eons, was faced with the inevitability of having my teeth looked after. Dodged it for decades - mostly due to fear (had a traumatic experience once), but also due to finances (self employed with no dental insurance). My back molar had a large portion of it break off 3 years ago and it was a constant struggle to maintain it, all the while saying to myself if it gets any worse, I'll go in (for those of you thinking, "why didn't you go in earlier?!" , it was the combo I mentioned above). Well, the "worse" finally happened a week ago and I began the dreaded search. It was one reviewer in particular that made me decide to take the plunge and call Dr. Villeneuve. That reviewer said he felt NO pain, wasn't charged a king's ransom and he felt the pricing was in line with what he would pay on a Mexican dental vacation. I called. From the time I booked, to my initial consult with Dr. Villeneuve, to my root canal and filling which happened the next day, I can honestly say YES. YES, YES, YES. Do not be afraid. Dr. Villeneuve and his crew are spectacular at what they do. Consummate professionals. Clean, careful, considerate.... ok, more positive c words.... calm, caring, concerned and constantly asked me how I was feeling during the procedure - did I need a break, a pillow, water? Yet, focused on the task at hand. So, for a first time newbie seeing Dr. Villeneuve, I can vouch for their professional and gentle approach for something that causes so much trepidation. Yes, I will be back and have recommended him to my family.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2019

Dr. Villeneuve has a teacher's heart and explains everything that he is doing while he is working. He has time for you and goes the extra mile. I appreciate his professionalism and warmth in addition to how gentle he is. He and his staff work together as one unit and I like the atmosphere there. He really exceeds my expectations.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

Excellent dentist, took time to hear my concerns. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

I have been visiting Dr. Greg Villeneuve for two years. I am so grateful that I finally found the dentist I was looking for. Dr. Greg is super professional, intelligent and really caring person! Every time he provides me with exceptional dental work and kind attitude. His Dental Assistants are just amazing and very supportive! It’s impossible to find someone better than Kendra, Ally, Carly. You will love them from the first visit! Clinic is very clean, they have the latest dentistry equipment and the most comfortable dental chairs ever! They are always run on time and their prices are more than reasonable, which is important to me. Also, Currie Barracks Dental team is so helpful in dealing with my insurance. This is the only clinic and the only dentist I am going to visit. I would recommend Dr. Greg and Currie Barracks Dental to anyone who is looking for an outstanding dental care and great results!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Absolutely the easiest and most comfortable dental appointment I have ever had. Two fillings in record time and done without any stress whatsoever. Thank you to the entire team! -Jan L

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

We 💯 won the dentist lottery in finding Dr. Villeneuve. I’ve spent my adult years fearing and avoiding dentist until I met him - so grateful! Wonderful front staff and hygienists as well.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Dr. Greg Villeneuve's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I attended the University of Alberta where I completed degrees in Medical Sciences and Doctor of Dental Surgery in 2008. I practiced dentistry in Ottawa for 5 years, but missed my home province of Alberta and moved back to Calgary. As a sports enthusiast, I enjoy playing hockey, baseball, golf, and skiing among many other sports and have developed a strong interest in photography. Always happy to welcome new patients and emergencies to the clinic and look forward to meeting you. Currently the Co-owner of VIVO Dental Westbrook and Currie Barracks Dental.

• English
  • French

• University Of Alberta Faculty Of Dentistry (Grad. 2008)

• Dental exam