Dr. Eric Levens

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Levens

When my husband and I knew it was time to see a fertility specialist, we called the general line at Shady Grove. We feel unbelievably lucky to have been placed with Dr. Levens and his team. They made us feel welcome, important and hopeful from day 1. Dr. Levens truly listened to our questions and concerns. Infertility comes with a huge learning curve of new vocabulary and treatment options, and Dr. Levens always took time to explain these things to us so that we could understand our options and feel confident in our plan. His expertise, patience and hopeful outlook made this experience as pleasant as it could have been. We are pregnant with our first child and will definitely go back to him when we are ready for #2!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Dr. Levens was extraordinary! He persevered with us through our fertility journey and did not give up on us, even when we were giving up on ourselves. His kindness, compassion, and encouragement gave us the courage to keep trying as we were continually met with challenges. If it weren't for Dr. Levens, we would not be expecting our little one. I will never be able to repay him for the incredible service he provided. I cannot say enough amazing things about this man.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I cannot overstate how great Dr. Levens was to work with. We were using another doctor when we switched to Dr. Levens. It is an understatement to say he is an expert in his field. I am the husband, and I was the reason we needed to go to a fertility clinic. We felt so confident when we saw Dr. Levens, it changed out entire experience. I think we were so comfortable with him that we were able to conceive. I know that sounds a bit crazy, but so many things are integral to conceiving that you never know what the deciding factor will be. I can definitely say this: my wife was so at ease being under Dr. Levens' care, it couldn't hurt. It is a stressful process, why not be with someone who you can trust? I couldn't be happier to say: Dr. Levens got my wife pregnant! Thank you Doctor Levens.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

I started with Shady grove and switched to Dominion. I had the worst experience with Dr Levens and SGF. If you have thousands of dollars and plenty of time to spare SGF is your practice. If you want an individualized human treatment think twice before becoming their patient.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I have, and will continue to whole-heartedly recommend DR. Levens and Shady Grove to any one experiencing fertility issues. Dr. Levens is patient and always dealt with us in a professional manner even when he had to deliver bad news to us. When we did get negative test results back, I got a call from him personally so he could help me understand why the nurse who reported the news was so concerned. That call - and the time he took then and later to explain everything has meant so much to me. He has always made himself available when I've had questions. We have two healthy boy/girl twins and another baby on the way, thanks to him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Dr. Levens is simply THE BEST. We have one very healthy two year old and another baby on the way thanks to his expertise and custom approach to our fertility situation. I am appreciative of his wealth of information, educational stance in delivering options, and how he worked with us to maximize our chances of conception while also considering cost. Sarah, my nurse, was also exceptional. She had strong knowledge of our protocol and was helpful and responsive every step of the way. I count myself so lucky to have landed in the care of Dr. Levens and recommend him to anyone who is seeking fertility treatment. The Annandale office is wonderfully staffed from reception to nursing to the doctors themselves. Five stars well deserved!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

My husband and I cannot express how grateful we are to Dr. Levens and his amazing staff. He walked is through each step of the process and always provided the necessary information to make an informative decision on a course of action. At each step we get like people (not numbers) and appreciated Dr. Levens after hours calls to check-in to be sure I was feeling okay. He made what would normally be a very clinical experience feel individual and special. Laylum, his nurse who took care of my case, was exceptional. Her personality and availability throughout the process made everything so easy and exciting. I really cannot express how great Shady Grove is. I highly recommend Dr. Levens for anyone considering Infertility treatment or consultation.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Thankful and such a pleasant experience with Dr. Levens and his staff. We were pleased with our personal, caring and available the staff was to answer any and all questions. Dr. Levens and his team was extremely optimistic about making progress. After taking clomid, 1 injection ovidrel (which by the way, I am not a needle person -- have a history of having trouble with that as a kid) but it was very easy, and I felt very prepared, in fact it was not as bad as I thought at all! After 1 IUI we had a biochemical pregnancy and our 2nd IUI worked! We were thrilled. Layluma our nurse was excellent and available for any and all questions-- she was comforting when we had a biochemical (explained it to us) and also was available to answer questions at every point.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

My husband and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Levens! He was extremely patient, knowledgeable, empathetic, compassionate, and confident all in one. Throughout our entire journey, Dr. Levens remained optimistic, which in turn, gave us great hope. He called after each negative IUI just to check in and see how I was holding up. He also called to share in our happiness after we finally received the news we had hoped and prayed for. I would recommend Shady Grove and Dr. Levens to anyone having difficulty starting their familly.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

As with some other reviews, I had heard that Shady Grove had a reputation for being very "clinical" and not having the personal touch, but I chose them anyway because I had some friends who had good things to say. The staff at the Annandale office, including Dr. Levens, was nothing short of wonderful. Everyone is so nice and is so willing to help when I had any questions. I always felt like I was getting personalized treatments that would give my body the best chance of getting pregnant. Dr. Levens knows his stuff, and he will do his best to help you.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Eric Levens's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Eric D. Levens, M.D., FACOG, received his bachelor of science degree with highest distinction from Indiana University-Bloomington. He then pursued his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and went on to complete his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Florida. He continued his training as a clinical fellow in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Levens is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and subspecialty board certified in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. He has been focused on infertility for the last decade of his career. In addition to an active clinical practice, Dr. Levens is committed to improving the success of fertility care through active research and national advocacy. He has authored more than 85 publications in the field of reproductive endocrinology and infertility, including for the prestigious Journal of the American Medical Association. Dr. Levens has served on Infertility National Advisory Boards and has been a part of the American Medical Association, where he has worked to develop policy to improve access to fertility care, including insurance coverage for fertility preservation. He is chair of the Quality Assurance Committee for the Society of Assisted Reproductive Technologies, the professional organization that oversees the delivery of in vitro fertilization care throughout the United States. He is also a member of the Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, a selective national group recognizing fewer than a thousand physicians, and previously served on the practice committee, developing national patient care guidelines. Prior to joining Shady Grove Fertility, Dr. Levens was a lieutenant commander in the United States Public Health Service, and served as a staff clinician focused on complex fertility disorders in the Program in Reproductive and Adult Endocrinology at the National Institutes of Health and the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

• English