Dr. Dimitri Kazakos's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
r. Kazakos is a very experienced and popular eye surgeon with specialist interests in cataract and laser refractive surgery, cornea and external diseases. He is at the forefront of leading edge refractive treatments. He has performed more than 50,000 eye surgeries including Laser Vision Correction like LASIK, LASEK, Wavefront, IntraLase, PRK, Flap lift enhancements, etc; and intraocular procedures like complex cataract surgery, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE), IOL exchanges, Phakic and Aphakic Intraocular Lens implantation and astigmatic incisional procedures. Through this comprehensive range of refractive procedures and with the use of latest modern technology, Dimitri is able to offer to his patients the most suitable treatment for their eyes. He is registered with the Medical Councils in both the UK and Greece.
- Marmara University (Grad. 1997)
- University of Oxford (Grad. 2000)
- University of Bristol (Grad. 2004)
- University of Southampton (Grad. 2006)
- University of Crete (Grad. 2007)
Areas of Expertise
- Cataract surgery
- Cornea transplant
- Dry eyes
- LASIK eye surgery
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
- Conductive keratoplasty followed by collagen cross-linking with riboflavin-UV-A in patients with keratoconus
- A large comparative study of a new mulitifocal intraocular Lens with a rotationally asymmetric design and it's predecessor
- Intraocular lens exchange in dissatisfied patients: a large case series
- Intraocular lens exchange in dissatisfied patients: A single surgeon’s experience
- A novel application of Femtosecond laser in pseudophakia: reformation of capsulorhexis by creating a new capsulotomy in cases of anterior capsular contraction syndrome to aid IOL exchange
- Mitomycin C aqueous humor concentration after photorefractive keratectomy: an experimental study.
- An unusual case of corneal perforation with crystalline lens extrusion secondary to pseudomonas keratitis in the presence of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Refractive changes following Nd:YAG capsulotomy.
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- Coventry Health Care