Ratings for Dr. Dane Chhatwal

Dr Dane Chhatwal has been my Dr for 2 years now. I have seen him many times for various reasons. He found I had pneumonia and was very good at prescribed medicine and getting x-rays to be sure I was okay. Even after I was fine he still checked my lungs to be sure nothing bad was developing in the lungs. Now I find out he is moving out of town and I will miss him very much. But I do wish him luck in his new practice.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I used to pop into the clinic as a walk-in every three months to get my regular cholesterol and blood pressure medications renewed. Dr. Chateau refused to rubber stamp renewed prescriptions without me taking a blood test. He made me have regular tests and, as a result, discovered I had a few minor issues. He cared when all I wanted was to get prescriptions renewed. Thank you Dr Chhatwal. He always took time to explain every action. Of course, now that I have become totally comfortable with my doctor, he is moving on soon. He'll be a big loss to the Beach clinic.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Chhatwal's ever since he came to the Beach's Clinic, I have seen him numerous times for pre-surgery, and other medical conditions. I find that he is both professional and also personable. I hope that he stays at this clinic for an extended period of time, as I would like to keep him as our family Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. Chhatwal has been my family doctor for two years. Sometimes it takes time to build a repore and a relationship with your Doctor, and so I have given it time and several visits to form an opinion. The best thing I can say is that Dane is professional, young and energetic. Beyond that, I have consistently found him to be dismissive, patronizing and arrogant. No matter how many times I attend his office he treats me as a walk in patient, will no real interest in my overall health or well being outside of the issue I am seeing him for. He also under medicates, refuses to provide adequate pain relief when needed, and doesn't seem particularly interested in his patients. I have recently found a new Doctor and am happy I do not require his services any longer. My advice? He's fine to see for a walk-in, but is seriously lacking at being a Family Practice Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

He's a great doctor. Very friendly and in my experience, genuinely cares about patients!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I have been with Dr. Chhatwal for a year now. I have seen him on a bad day and he seems overwhelmed. When the clinic is quiet however, I saw him once and we had a very interesting discussion about medicine. He seems over all interested in family practice and rushed and annoyed with walk ins. That's my impression. Sign on, give him a chance.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

I have had two experiences with this doctor- both very different. The first one was not positive at all - I was feeling very unwell, had a long wait - he was not familiar with a medication that I was one and mocked me for it. Really seemed abrasive and unknowledgable at that visit. I was pretty sure I did not want to see this doctor again. I went to the walk in clinic with my child a couple was seen by him - it was a totally a different person. He was pleasant, caring, thorough, and appeared to know what he doing. Given the other comments and my experience -my take is that that his bedside manner in less than pleasant circumstances is not good- no empathy here!! - when everything is 'good' - so is he!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I agree with the second person. Waiting for your doctor is something a lot of people hate. I encourage people to understand that you are not the only one with a problem and that sometimes waiting is because your doctor is taking time with the things that need taking time with. I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and was called to see Dr. Chhatwal to find out about my biopsy results. I came right away without an appointment. He of course saw me as a walk and spent his time with me through this challenging visit. Now I am aware that a good doctor will spend the time with you when time is needed. I have never been impatient or mad about waiting to see a doctor again. Please respect that some visits need more time than others.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

Dr. Chhatwal is an incredible doctor, a rare find these days. I was a patient of his for over a year with numerous appointments during my pregnancy. He was exceptionally knowledgeable and genuinely interested in my wellbeing(and my unborn daughters). After the birth of my daughter, he was very caring during her checkups and immunization appointments. We always felt comfortable. I couldn't disagree more with the review below, long wait times and the handling of a verbally abusive client are not a reflection of a doctors character and medical knowledge. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a personalible and knowledgeable doctor. Many thanks Dane and Beaches Walk-in! - Alayna

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dane Chhatwal is arrogant and abrasive with his patients. Since my registered family doctor was unavailable at this clinic, I instead accepted an appointment with Dane. I waited in the waiting room for over an hour after my allotted appointment time, during which others who 'walked in' without appointments were taken ahead of me (I know this to be the case because I was sat close to the receptionist and could over-hear). When I expressed to Dane that I was feeling very unwell and that waiting so long didn't make me feel any better, he accused me of being 'hostile'. It was rather surprising. I explained to him that I'd waited over an hour beyond the time of my appointment and that others without appointments were being seen ahead of me. He then flippantly 'reassured' me that I'm "not dying" and proceeded to lecture me on "socialized medicine." I was dumbfounded. He spent more time giving me these lectures than assessing and discussing my symptoms, for which he simply said to ride it out and come back in 3-4 days if I hadn't improved. As I went to leave, he told me that in the future I ought to seek medical services elsewhere. This is unacceptable behavior for someone that is dealing with people that are already feeling ill. I highly recommend avoiding this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Dane Chhatwal's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

HealthPartners