Ratings for Dr. Cohen-Lyons, Daniel

Very kind, knowledgeable and patient. He was very respectful, asked a lot of questions to understand my concerns and gave me very helpful tools to help me improve my condition. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

I had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy done by Dr Cohen-Lyons. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Very friendly and nice doctor that had a great team. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I had a procedure at NYGH with Dr. Cohen-Lyons recently. He and the staff were punctual (ahead of schedule actually), kind, professional and caring. He was excellent at explaining the outcome of the procedure, and did not seem to be in any hurry, always asking if I had any further questions. The person who booked me in (Rosa) went above and beyond. I had reservations about going to a busy hospital (instead of a private clinic), but those fears were unfounded. This team is fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

He was amazing, patient and knowledgeable. Set a plan and followed up very well. We would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Seen and had a procedure within the same day. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Extremely knowledgeable, understanding, caring and listened when I was in a difficult situation.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I thought Dr Cohen -Lyons had to take an oath that involved honesty integrity. This man was more of a used car dealer than doctor. He lied to me and family by telling us he would be doing the medical procedure and how he would take good care of my family member, and gave instructions on how she could have the procedure stopped, etc. We trusted him ,signed the papers,and after just speaking to the doctor a few hours earlier, showe'd up for the appointment only to find out he was not doing the procedure but had passed us on to someone else. Never once did this doctor indicate someone else other then himself would be doing the procedure. On post op follow up; when I expressed how upsetting this was in an already difficult situation; he back paddled trying to tell us we heard wrong. What are the chances of two people missing such communication. The problem did not lay with the listeners, bot rather a doctor who was not forthcoming, My advice to all is make sure the doctor presenting the case clarifies if he is delivering the treatment. We would have been fine and not upset if we did not feel so deceived.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

When my wife saw Dr. Cohen-Lyons, she was in a lot of distress and having a terrible flare-up. He listened patiently, he explained her the situation, came up with a treatment plan and answered all her questions. Now, a few days later, she is much better and we are optimistic. One rarely finds such a doctor - both knowledgeable and caring .

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Cohen-Lyons, Daniel's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

UnitedHealthcare