Dr. Andrew Dold's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Andrew Dold is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and arthroscopic procedures of the hip, knee, shoulder, and ankle. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Toronto, followed by a clinical fellowship focusing on orthopaedic sports medicine and arthroscopy at NYU Langone Medical Center and the Hospital for Joint Diseases. His research interests have included platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy for arthritis and cartilage injuries, hip arthroscopy, meniscal repair of the knee, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction of the knee. He has published numerous scientific papers in peer‐reviewed journals including American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM), Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR), Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, and Arthroscopy (KSSTA), Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine (CJSM), Arthroscopy, and The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS). His research has been presented at numerous regional, national, and international conferences. He continues to serve as a lead author and editor for OrthoBullets.com.
- University of Toronto (Grad. 2015)
- University of Dublin Trinity College (Grad. 2010)
- New York University (Grad. 2016)
Areas of Expertise
- Hip labral tear
- ACL reconstruction
- Rotator cuff injury
- Knee replacement
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Torn meniscus
- Achilles tendinitis
- Dislocated shoulder
- Frozen shoulder
Awards & Recognitions
Publications & Research
- Upper instrumented vertebral fractures in long lumbar fusions: what are the associated risk factors?
- Osteochondral Proximal Tibial and Lateral Meniscal Allograft Transplant.
- Endoscopic Gluteus Medius Repair Augmented With Bioinductive Implant.
- Preoperative Femoral Nerve Block for Hip Arthroscopy: A Randomized, Triple-Masked Controlled Trial.
- Risk factors for the development of heterotopic ossification after knee dislocation.
- The sizing of hamstring grafts for anterior cruciate reconstruction: intra- and inter-observer reliability.
- Preoperative femoral nerve block in hip arthroscopic surgery: a retrospective review of 108 consecutive cases.
- Platelet-rich plasma in the management of articular cartilage pathology: a systematic review.
- Maximum load to failure and tensile displacement of an all-suture glenoid anchor compared with a screw-in glenoid anchor.