Dr. Andrew Dold

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Dold

Excellent surgeon and doctor. Dr. Dold performed a total knee replacement on my knee a few months ago at Baylor. This was my 4th knee surgery after 3 failures by other docs. He is knowledgeable and cares about his patients. I wouldn't go to anyone else

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Absolutely amazing orthopedic surgeon. Hip surgery with Dr Dold 4 months ago for femoracetabular impingement and a torn labrum. My hip is feeling better than it has in years. Already starting to run without any pain...finally!!!! This doc is amazing- I am so grateful I found him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

I am a very active mom of 2 with extreme and worsening ongoing hip pain for 10 years due to overuse and degeneration. I FINALLY found a doctor/office that I LOVE and that could help me with my my pain. Dr. Dold is an exceptional surgeon and a caring person. He is the first doctor I have found that knew exactly what my problem was after YEARS of mystery! He even took the time to show me in a really great sketch in the office and he explained everything to me. Dr. Dold performed hip arthroscopy on my hip and corrected my FAI impingement, remove bone lesions, irrigated the joint, repaired a labral tear, and injected stem cells into the joint. This procedure has alleviated my pain that I was living in constantly (even at rest). The whole thing was very easy (much better than I was expecting) and I had little to no pain within 3 days of surgery. I was on crutches for 6 weeks, but it flew by and my arms got very strong! I was able to ride the stationary bike within a week of surgery, and that became a exercise routine during my recovery (in addition to physical therapy). Dr. Dold is very realistic about the outcome for me, and although I know that at my age and condition, a hip replacement is probably in my future, I appreciate Dr. Dold and his stellar technique at joint preservation. My other hip is probably next and I have no hesitations with Dr. Dold! He is now our family go-to ortho. He interacts really well with children. I love the office, the staff, the techs, and Baylor attached is also amazing. Great location, but I would be willing to travel for Dr. Dold!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr. Dold did a reconstruction of my ACL 4 months ago and used my patella tendon. Already feel close to 100%. Doc says I have to be patient and wait before I can return to sports so I guess I'll listen !! My knee feels awesome. I love this doctor and trust me he's excellent and knows the latest techniques for surgery. He listens and answers all your questions so that you have full confidence in him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I have worked with many physicians and feel Dr. Dold is one of the best. He spends as much time with you as you need and his office staff is one of the best.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Everything from initial consultation to post-operative follow ups have been great. Everything has been thoroughly explained with all questions answered. Surgery and recovery have gone better than expected.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I had a very informative session with Dr Dold. All of my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Wait time was short and staff very professional yet approachable.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

My son went there for shoulder soreness which had him out of high school baseball at the start of the season. Dr Dold was able to treat him with conservative therapy ( PRP) and after 6 weeks was able to throw pain free again. Dr Dold and staff were very helpful in the process. I highly recommend Dr Dold

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Great overall experience. No waiting time between check in and being seen. All questions were answered completely and easy to understand. Entire staff friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Andrew Dold's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Andrew Dold is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and arthroscopic procedures of the hip, knee, shoulder, and ankle. He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Toronto, followed by a clinical fellowship focusing on orthopaedic sports medicine and arthroscopy at NYU Langone Medical Center and the Hospital for Joint Diseases. His research interests have included platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy for arthritis and cartilage injuries, hip arthroscopy, meniscal repair of the knee, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction of the knee. He has published numerous scientific papers in peer‐reviewed journals including American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM), Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR), Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, and Arthroscopy (KSSTA), Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine (CJSM), Arthroscopy, and The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS). His research has been presented at numerous regional, national, and international conferences. He continues to serve as a lead author and editor for OrthoBullets.com.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2015)
  • University of Dublin Trinity College (Grad. 2010)
  • New York University (Grad. 2016)

• Hip labral tear