Dr. Andrew Dold

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Dold

The best hip surgeon there is! Like lots of others I've been troubled by hip pain for years - until I found Dr. Dold. Arthroscopic hip surgery and feeling better than I have in years. He explains everything with pictures and took photos of my surgery to help me understand everything. -Logan

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I had struggled with hip pain for years, also misdiagnosed by so many doctors, including orthopedics!?. Finally got in to see Dr. Dold - he is genuinely great. I’m 6 months out from arthroscopic hip surgery for a bad labrum tear and impingement, back to exercise without pain for the first time in years. Thank you Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

5 stars!! very thorough and takes his time to EXPLAIN the problem!! Extremely knowledgeable and truly an expert on knees. best ortho doc I've seen.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

On 10/8/17, I was decorating for Halloween when I went carpet surfing on a piece of plastic and unfortunately did the splits all the way down. The Hamstrings in my left leg were pulled completely off my pelvis. I've been told that this type of injury is very uncommon and almost always misdiagnosed in the beginning. Thank God for Dr. Dold! The day after the accident at my first visit with Dr. Dold, he knew exactly what was wrong even without scans but sent me for a MRI the same day to confirm and then had surgery scheduled within days. I totally believe the reason Dr. Dold knew what was wrong was because of the amount of time he took listening to what I was telling him. His bedside manner is beyond exceptional—he actually listens to what you say! He is so knowledgeable, funny, optimistic, and beyond all truly cares for his patient’s wellbeing. After surgery, he even called me several times to personally check on me. Now, 2 ½ months later, I am already doing more physical activity than before the accident as Dr. Dold also handpicked the physical therapy center that would best suite my needs. I was told by another medical doctor (NOT Dr. DOLD) before the surgery that things were not looking good because I was a middle aged, out of shape housewife….ha ha!! Dr. Dold and I proved that theory wrong! 😊😊 Seriously, if you have been injured, call Dr. Dold because this is the best doctor you will ever find.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I had a very informative session with Dr Dold. All of my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

The doctor was very professional and efficient time wise. He explained everything in terms that I understood and did not rush through my visit as to make me feel uncomfortable. The overall visit went smoothly and I am satisfied.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

The visit was excellent. Dr. Dold , nurses, and front office were extremely helpful and nice. The service received was something I would never have done but the doctor and nurses educated me to know exactly know what I was getting. Being able to see the platelets separate was amazing and extremely helpful. This is one of the best visits I have ever been.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

The techs were great! Had a difficult time drawing blood but that's completely because of my bad veins. Dr Dold is a great doc. Answered all of my questions and showed me the procedure in detail

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

If you are looking for a true professional Dr Dold is the one. 1 year out from MAJOR shoulder surgery (rotator cuff tear, bicep tear, bone spurs etc etc) and I can honestly say I am 100%. He was quick to diagnose my problem and treat it with care. One of a kind. thank you Doc!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Hip surgery with dr dold 6 months ago after 1 failed surgery and 3 doctors who couldn't diagnose me not to mention years of pain. he repaired my torn labrum and shaved down bone. showed me photos of everything he did to fix my hip microscopically. minimal pain after surgery and now back to full exercises pain free. ive got to say im impressed. wish id found this doctor sooner.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Andrew Dold's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Andrew Dold, MD FACS is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive and arthroscopic procedures of the hip, knee, shoulder, and ankle. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Toronto, followed by a clinical fellowship focusing on orthopedic sports medicine and arthroscopy at NYU Langone Medical Center and the Hospital for Joint Diseases in New York. His research interests have included platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy for arthritis and cartilage injuries, hip arthroscopy, meniscal repair of the knee, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction of the knee. He has published numerous scientific papers in peer‐reviewed journals including American Journal of Sports Medicine (AJSM), Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR), Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, and Arthroscopy (KSSTA), Clinical Journal of Sports Medicine (CJSM), Arthroscopy, and The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (JAAOS). His research has been presented at numerous regional, national, and international conferences. He continues to serve as a lead author and editor for OrthoBullets.com. Read more about Dr. Dold at www.DoldMD.com. For new patient appointments contact Star Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at 469.850.0680

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2015)
  • University of Dublin Trinity College (Grad. 2010)
  • New York University (Grad. 2016)

• Hip labral tear