Ratings for Dr. Shashi Ajmani

I saw Ajmani for my current pregnancy, which happens to be my first pregnancy, and I decided to switch doctors once I reached 36 weeks. Before my pregnancy I was a fit healthy individual that played a lot of tennis, went on daily walks, occasional hikes, etc to stay fit. I carried this into my pregnancy until I reached 29 weeks and was unable to continue playing tennis as I started to feel uncomfortable. I have gain 35 pounds and I'm currently 39 weeks. My husband and I were never reassured in our pregnancy and we constantly were made to think that we weren't doing the right thing, Ajmani recommended that I stop playing tennis immediately and that I switch to crossfit or P90X instead. Ajmani assumed that because I had gained "so much weight" that I was only consuming carbohydrates and that I needed to cut those out of my diet. The thing that finally made us switch doctors was that she believe my blood glucose test was too high, which it was below 140 and that I had gestational diabetes. We started to feel as though she had an agenda and I was the sacrificial lamb that she was taking all of this out on. We had enough and switched doctors, our new doctor has never once made us feel as though we were endangering our children's welfare and we actually have had very positive normal consultations. If you are a person that wants to be fat shamed, feel anxious, and uneasy throughout your entire pregnancy; then Ajmani is your doctor. Ajmani has an agenda to cure the world of GD no matter how healthy you may be and she comes up with compete BS so you feel as though you should schedule a C-section-case in point she stated that our son's abdomen might be too large to deliver vaginally and his birth could be too dramatic. Complete BS! His head circumference came back normal so she had to make up something to scare us into changing our minds about wanting to have a natural birth. Her bed side manner is awful, she has an agenda, she's completely unprofessional, she prefers c-sections, and this review is as tame as I can possibly make it. Do yourself a favor and avoid this headache, there are more talented doctors out there and it's never too late to switch doctors. FYI, our new doctor is McCaffrey and she is absolutely the best, I wish we would have started out with her and we could have avoided this entire mess.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I love Dr. Ajmani and her PA, Darcy. She was new to Women's Health Associates and I was new to Boise and in need of an OBGYN and consider myself lucky to have her as my doctor. She was quick to respond with a proactive but measured course of action over my inability to conceive and I think was almost as excited as we were when I became pregnant the following month. My visits were great. Shashi listens, offers options, and respects your decisions. I was sometimes kept waiting at appointments for a short time. This was always because she had been over at the hospital delivering babies.When my own labor was in progress and we needed a c-section due to complications, Shashi (who was not on call that night) came back from a family event and stayed until she delivered my baby herself. We are moving again and I am so sad to say goodbye to her as my doctor and only hope to find someone else as wonderful as her. Her PA, Darcy is fabulous too - so kind and just lovely.They are an awesome duo!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I found Dr Ajmani to be incredibly sweet, and pleasant. Very knowledgeable and always made me feel comfortable. she always had a great bedside manner and spent a reasonable amount of time during our visits answering all my questions and addressing any concerns i might have had. She had been my physician for 10 years prior to her moving out of the area. I was certainly sad to see her go, as are a few of my friends who were also patients of hers.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2012

Dr. Ajmani is, anecdotally speaking, extremely size-phobic and biased. I loved William Koch, but this woman made me cry and feel chronic guilt about the harm that I was imposing on my baby because of my size. She bullied me into a c-section that I didn't really want. Koch tried to intervene with the decision. Every appointment that I had with her, she lectured me about my adipose. She didn't really talk about other aspects of my health and well-being. She encouraged me to diet, exercise and lift weights during my pregnancy. I was so very relieved when it was Koch that performed my c-section and not Ajmani. I was terrified of her. She came to check on me the day after I had my baby, looked at my hospital food tray and began lecturing me about weight loss again. This woman is rotten. If you are larger and want to have an enjoyable pregnancy I suggest you find another provider.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Dr. Shashi Ajmani's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1993)

Delta Dental