You may also like

Rate Dr. Leon Kavaler

Dr. Leon Kavaler's Ratings

Dr. KAVALER encompasses all that a doctor should be. He is knowledgeable in his field, he is compassionate and I only wish that he was a primary care physician as well. He is totally my idea of a "real" doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2904834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2015

I am so impressed with Dr. Kavaler. From the moment I entered his office, I have felt genuinely cared for. Dr. Kavelar was immediately able to guide me with my health issue and scheduled me for a colonoscopy. While not performed in his office building, the facility that he uses is first rate. From the care by the office staff, the nurses, his anesthesiologist, and then the pre and post conversations with Dr. Kavalar I can truly say that the level of professionalism and patient care was second to none. I had a follow-up scan within days. All this to say that Dr. Kavelar is a knowledgeable, thorough, and attentive physician who genuinely cares for his patient. He very quickly was able to identify my issues, and provide thorough follow-up care. I had both in-office visits and follow-up phone conversations with him. He is a rarity indeed. Am very grateful. Without a doubt he's one of New York's finest!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2843258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Kavaler's for many years, and have had several procedures done by him. He is an excellent physician. I am especially impressed with his knowledge and attentiveness, and his innate ability to communicate well with a patient. He has a warm personality and a humorous streak that is reassuring when you are facing issues and wondering about the outcome. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2730697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Dr. Leon Kavaler has been my doctor for over 15 years. He excels at all aspects concerning patient-Doctor exchanges. Whether communicating with the patient, explaining the procedure, insuring the patient fully understands all aspects, while engaging the patient in the dialogue to insure the patient has full understanding. He is devoted to his patient’s safety and well-being. Prior to any procedure, all questions are answered, without rushing, and after completion of the procedure, Dr. Kavaler sits and discusses the findings, and recommendations for any further work, if necessary. Before you leave his office, you are fully aware of all that has occurred. Most Dr.’s these days, do not take the time to ensure the patients security and full comprehension.
His medical skill is beyond reproach. He is a gifted and accomplished Gastroenterologist, has performed many endoscopies and colonoscopies on myself and on my husband. He is a skilled, professional Doctor, and I would not use anyone else. I have recommended Doctor Kavaler to my friends, and all feel he is the Consummate Doctor…these days, a very difficult thing to find.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2709723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Dr. Kavaler is the best doctor I have ever come across in my life. His is extremely knowledgable, easy to talk to, understanding, and goes above and beyond for his patients. I am so thankful i found Dr. Kavaler.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2694521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Dr. Kavaler performed an endoscopy on me over a year ago, and when I called him recently to further discuss his findings and recommendations, not only did he remember who I was but he also immediately recalled what my clinical status had been. He is very knowledgeable, kind, patient and caring. After my surgery and discharge from the hospital, he called me to check up on how I was doing. Unfortunately during these days of managed care, such a thing is unheard of. Dr. Kavaler's expertise and compassion are outstanding and I recommend him wholeheartedly without any hesitation whatsoever.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2670451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

Dr. Leon Kavaler is a formidable diagnostician. He is an excellent physician. His compassion goes far beyond the norm. Altogether he is an amazing doctor and human being which is a rarity to have both today. As an anxious patient, he offered for me to come in at any time without an appointment after my procedure. When I did take him up on it a few times, he always took a moment to reassure, put my mind at ease right away and help me in the healing process. He has my eternal gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2660139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Kavaler by my family doctor many years ago and have done already a couple of procedures needed to maintain my health. I have had endoscopy and colonoscopy
in the past and now getting ready for the follow up. I will not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kavaler to all patients seeking caring and experienced specialist. Together with his wife Jill, anesthesiologist, they make patient comfortable before and after procedure. Doctor Kavaler always finds time to explain the results in plain, understandable way which is rare these days. Thank you, Dr.Kavaler!

Kavaler to anybody, who seeks professional advise and caring doctor. He and his wife Jill (assisting with anesthesia) are the most wonderful people, who make you feel safe and in good hands. After each procedure Dr. Kavaler was by my bed, making sure that I was comfortable, not having any post-procedure reaction and explaining results.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2649847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

About 20 years ago, a co-worker referred me to Dr. Kavaler. Since then neither my husband nor I have had any serious illnesses. Just about a year ago, my husband experienced heartburn, and went to Dr. Kavaler, who scheduled an endoscopy. Preceding the procedure, Dr. K took his blood pressure, and it was sky high. At that point Dr. Kavaler insisted he go immediately to the emergency room or to the cardiologist he recommended. After Dr. K prevailed upon the cardiologist, an appointment was scheduled within an hour. If not for Dr. Kavaler's thoroughness and concern, my husband was on his way to having a stroke, as he later learned. Dr. Kavaler definitely saved my husband's life. He's thorough, attentive, caring,professional and always has time to answer any questions we may have. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2638739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Both my husband and I are patients of Dr. Kavaler, and we consider ourselves incredibly lucky to be in his care. Many of our friends now see him as well, and we all love him. He's a great diagnostician -- my husband after seeing other doctors and suffering years of unresolved & spiraling out of control gastrointestinal problems went to Dr. Kavaler, got a different and the correct diagnosis from him and had all issues cleared up under Dr. Kavaler's care; my husband considers that Dr. Kavaler saved his life. If you are looking for a doctor who is not only smart as a whip, but a caring doctor who really takes his patients' best interests to heart, Dr. Kavaler is your guy. The state of medicine today is such that it is almost impossible to find this kind of care anywhere. As we get older, knowing that we are in such good hands has made it much easier for us. I recommend him without reservation to anyone who needs a top notch gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2624741].votes_count ]]