Ratings for Dr. Kanchana Sivalingam

She is a joke to the medical profession. Likes to gossip about clients. Will not fill your paperwork out right. Have to make more appointments. But still not right. Makes good money off her clients

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Terrible doctor - rushed and forgetful. Says she will send you to a specialist but never sends the referral; you have to call and call to keep following up to make sure she gets it done. She's great if you only need a physical but terrible if you have a chronic illness and she is very ignorant regarding mental health issues, even for just directing patients to another resource. She now has herself spread far too thin to be any benefit to her patients. I switched doctors once I had enough of reminding her to do the necessary referrals and follow ups.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

One of the best Md. She really cares about her patients, takes time to listen and explain.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Friendly and helpful service. I was happy to be accepted as a new patient with my husband and 3 children included. We had a great meet and greet, she took time for all of us and the kids were at ease with her. I am happy to say that I have been able to get appointments very promptly.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I am fairly new to Leduc. After searching for a new Dr (I work in Health Care and am aware that it's quite difficult to find a Dr nearby accepting new patients - let alone a female Dr), I came across Dr Sivalingam online that she was currently accepting new patients. I called several months ago to set up an appt. I was asked to provide my name, date of birth, and AB Hlth care #. I was informed that someone will get in contact with me. Um ok?? Never heard a thing for 7 weeks, so I called back as I wasn't finding anyone. I had to leave a voicemail message. 1 week later, I get a VM msg as I was working when they phoned. I was told Dr Siv has accepted me as a new patient, and that I am to call in to schedule a Meet & Greet appt when I have availability. I called them back. Same woman as always answers, and puts me on hold for forever after I told her what I needed. Comes back to tell me, that the girl working on my chart is not in that day?? Told her I am simply interested in making an appt for my Meet & Greet with the Dr, as I was advised to do by her! She still said I had to call back. This was on a Thursday, I was told the woman I needed to speak to would be in on Monday, so Monday I called again! Went to voicemail, left yet another message. This was in July!! Its the end of September now. This is ridiculous. I work in Health Care myself, and while mistakes happen, this is unjustifiable. But RAVE for Dr. Erica Paras at Premier Medical Clinic in Windermere. Best Dr I have EVER had, so in the end, this should be a RAVE to Dr. Sivalingam's staff. Their complete mess up, led me to find Dr Paras! So thank you to the incompetent staff in Dr Siv's clinic! I can only imagine the mess in the clinic schedule on a daily basis with these staff members booking appointments. Thank you for saving me from that!!! I feel terrible leaving such a horrible review when I never even had the opportunity to meet the Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr Sivalingam is excellent, we have tried a few Drs before going to her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Sivilingam has been an amazing doctor! My husband and i switched to her a couple years ago and couldnt be happier with the service. She doesnt rush you in and out, rather, she listens to your thoughts and concerns and works with you to come up with a solution. She is amazing!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Siva is the best Doctor I've ever dealt with. She really cares about me and my family and always listens to my concerns. She is sweet with my children and she is very professional. Yes, the odd time I've waited almost an hour to see her, but that is not a long wait time in the realm of Alberta doctors. The reason the wait is sometimes longer is because her office will squeeze you in if you or your child is very sick, instead of you having to go to the ER and wait for half a day. She really does a fantastic job and we have seen numerous doctors over the years. If you don't like her wait times, go see someone else, and good luck with that. Someone will gladly take your spot with such an awesome Doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

My family started to see her last year, switched from another Dr. we had for 16 years, she is absolutely amazing! Very thorough and follows up with any concerns you have.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Dr. Siva has been our doctor since we first moved to Canada and continued to be one even after we moved to Edmonton. She is caring and knowledgeable and doesn't jump straight to prescribing drugs. She is very busy so sometimes there is a bit of a wait. However, from hearing what other people have to say about their doctors, I am always happy to wait whatever time I need because I know I will always get great treatment with her honest opinions. She has taken great care of our family and I know will continue to do so with my children.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2013