Ratings for Dr. Kanchana Sivalingam

I am writing this on behalf of my family member. This so called doctor is the primary care physician of a family member of mine. I live in Ontario and felt the need to address this for any individual who maybe a patient of this doctor currently or are thinking of becoming one. She has absolutely NO clue what she is doing on a day to day basis. My family member suffers from a serious illness and this woman is helping to destroy him. She has no regard for his health and well being. Nothing but a gossipy individual who should Never have been able to practice medicine in Canada. She should have stayed where she originated from. Her ethics are sick. She has no remorse and her compassion is fake..Unless of course gossip is involved. Treat your patients for their illness and never mind their personal life. It is none of your business. You are Never around to see or meet your patients needs. How can you call yourself a doctor when you are never in your office operating your practice? Come to Ontario and try to be a physician. You wouldn't make it. You Do Not address important issues involving setting up URGENT appointments with specialists or FILLING out necessary paperwork when your patients health and lives depend on it!!!! I would have given you zero stars but this review doesn't allow it. FYI you can't band family members for coming to appointments of one of your patients- they have Every right to be there to protect them from your incompetence as a doctor. I work in the health care profession and you are an absolute disgrace to the health care system and should be reprimanded for it. On behalf of my family in Devon Alberta I have reported you to the Alberta college of physicians. Good luck to you. You will need it. Stay Away from this doctor if you value your health .

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I could not agree more about her being a gossip, she can tell you everything that's going on with any of her patients. Wasted a few years going to see her myself along with my kids. She will prescribe you anything as long as you can tell her what to prescribe because she doesn't want to waste valuable time $$$$ checking you. She's away so much and to cheap to hire a replacement that you have no choice but to seek out another doctor. Then her nose gets out of joint if you've seen anyone else and she tells you that you are now at the bottom of her priority list for getting in to see her! Lmfao! Plus get this; if you haven't been in to see her within a certain time frame she will not accept you because now you have to start off being a new patient! She obviously doesn't pay her staff enough because they are as clueless as she is. Would not refer my worst enemy to her.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Have had to wait every single time for almost 2 hours, even after booking first thing in the morning

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

She is a joke to the medical profession. Likes to gossip about clients. Will not fill your paperwork out right. Have to make more appointments. But still not right. Makes good money off her clients

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Terrible doctor - rushed and forgetful. Says she will send you to a specialist but never sends the referral; you have to call and call to keep following up to make sure she gets it done. She's great if you only need a physical but terrible if you have a chronic illness and she is very ignorant regarding mental health issues, even for just directing patients to another resource. She now has herself spread far too thin to be any benefit to her patients. I switched doctors once I had enough of reminding her to do the necessary referrals and follow ups.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

One of the best Md. She really cares about her patients, takes time to listen and explain.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Friendly and helpful service. I was happy to be accepted as a new patient with my husband and 3 children included. We had a great meet and greet, she took time for all of us and the kids were at ease with her. I am happy to say that I have been able to get appointments very promptly.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I am fairly new to Leduc. After searching for a new Dr (I work in Health Care and am aware that it's quite difficult to find a Dr nearby accepting new patients - let alone a female Dr), I came across Dr Sivalingam online that she was currently accepting new patients. I called several months ago to set up an appt. I was asked to provide my name, date of birth, and AB Hlth care #. I was informed that someone will get in contact with me. Um ok?? Never heard a thing for 7 weeks, so I called back as I wasn't finding anyone. I had to leave a voicemail message. 1 week later, I get a VM msg as I was working when they phoned. I was told Dr Siv has accepted me as a new patient, and that I am to call in to schedule a Meet & Greet appt when I have availability. I called them back. Same woman as always answers, and puts me on hold for forever after I told her what I needed. Comes back to tell me, that the girl working on my chart is not in that day?? Told her I am simply interested in making an appt for my Meet & Greet with the Dr, as I was advised to do by her! She still said I had to call back. This was on a Thursday, I was told the woman I needed to speak to would be in on Monday, so Monday I called again! Went to voicemail, left yet another message. This was in July!! Its the end of September now. This is ridiculous. I work in Health Care myself, and while mistakes happen, this is unjustifiable. But RAVE for Dr. Erica Paras at Premier Medical Clinic in Windermere. Best Dr I have EVER had, so in the end, this should be a RAVE to Dr. Sivalingam's staff. Their complete mess up, led me to find Dr Paras! So thank you to the incompetent staff in Dr Siv's clinic! I can only imagine the mess in the clinic schedule on a daily basis with these staff members booking appointments. Thank you for saving me from that!!! I feel terrible leaving such a horrible review when I never even had the opportunity to meet the Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr Sivalingam is excellent, we have tried a few Drs before going to her.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Sivilingam has been an amazing doctor! My husband and i switched to her a couple years ago and couldnt be happier with the service. She doesnt rush you in and out, rather, she listens to your thoughts and concerns and works with you to come up with a solution. She is amazing!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015