Ratings for Dr. Allan Scott Klapper

Dr. Kappler is Experienced, Very kind, and his communication with the patient is very helpful and understandable .

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Great doctor! Patient, courteous, knowledgeable. Great bedside manner!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Worst dr I have ever had the misfortune to meet. My wife went to him did exploratory surgery left my wife in pain. He refuses to call back patients. My wife passed out from pain he told her to take Tylenol Refused to see her in office for 5 days. VERY uncaring. Run do t walk Please read other reviews and why he left prestigious position in NYC to come to beautiful pittsburgh. Caveat emptor. Buyer beware

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

After going through months of finding a doctor to remove my septum I find Dr. Klapper to be professional and comptent when other doctors in my community were not willing to or comptent enough to perform this procedure. As a patient having to go through distressing first time of having surgery I found him to be the best surgeon in his field.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Do yourself a favor and check out his legal background in NY.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2011

I find Dr Klapper extremely knowledgeable and very thorough when I am in the office for a visit, however; I have found it to be a battle to get test results or phone calls returned in a timely manner. I usually have to make numerous calls to his office before I get a response.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Klapper does get points for listening and being very flexible with treatment. The problem is he is not thorough with testing. If you need a mammogram or ultrasound, you will have to tell him you want one. You will have to tell him what treatment you want. If you are proactive with your healthcare, you might be satisfied with his services. If however, you want your doctor to be more proactive, you might want to look elsewhere. That said, I found him to be competent and very professional.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

As a medical professional, Dr. Klapper doesn't appear to be diligent nor care about his patients. I took a CA125 with him and spent weeks trying to obtain my test results. I had to take the test with another physician to find out I had ovarian cancer and still have not gotten results back from him yet. Three weeks after my test with Dr. Klapper,I scheduled my surgery with another doctor. I finally then got a phone call from his office that Klapper was available to schedule something with me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2009

Klapper has moments where he can appear interested in his patients, he's often not thorough in checking for tests or examinations in his patients. He always seems at least in my visis to rush me out, give me half murmured answers to my questions as he's half way out the door, nor does he routinely physically examine me - I winded up going to a new specialist after he missed I had reoccurring endomitriosis. I don't trust Klapper's thoroughness as a specialist.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2008

After a botched surgery by an awful female GYN that left me with one ovary and an inconclusive diagnosis, I am overjoyed to have found Dr. Klapper. In 2007, he performed a mini laparotomy and conclusively diagnosed my endometriosis. Dr. Klapper is attentive, does not pressure patients to have a procedure they're not comfortable with, takes time to explain results and options, is extremely knowledgeable, and is reachable by email (rare for such a busy doctor). And yes, he has a great bedside manner and sense of humor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Allan Scott Klapper's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1992)

Avmed