Ratings for Dr. Ercole Franco Leone

My experience with Dr Leone was zero. Had no more than a minute or two for me.I was sent to the hospital by him for a test. He admitted me without telling me. The kind of surgery I was given, was decided by him without informing me. I had cystoscopy on the day I was told to have prostate surgery. I was given surgery the one he decided without explaining it to me. Numbed from waste down without any info . I have no memory from the moment I entered the hospital till now. The few painful memory, but even that is lost. I always was a happy go guy. That is gone. I wish I could say something good about this Dr. He did not give me a minute out of He's busy schedule, I guess.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I wish I have never met thi doctor. I was referred to him. I was one of the unlucky person who had a turp without knowing what kind a surgery i had. My hospital stay at Mount Saint Joseph hospital was a pure he'll. I wish I had a chance to walk away.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

He is one of the worst doctors you will ever encounter. Because I was relatively young he didn't try to help me. He gave me the same pills over and over. They manage my condition but didn't cure me. His recommendation were to "take a trip" He is really a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

Never have I seen a specialist so prepared. He had my history preread before he came into the room and knew the results of all prior tests without even having to go back through my file. No redundant questions, personable, efficient, friendly, kind manner and very professional. Definitely determined to find answers. Second appointment was equally as impressive and I feel he truly cares. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

After waiting two months for an appointment, I finally had an appointment with Dr. Leone to have a cystocopy examination as requested by my GP. He was disengaged, seemed uninterested and in a hurry to leave as we had a very short, disjoined and unhelpful conversation. He did not offer any explanations, offer any helpful medical information or ask any useful questions. He said that the cystocopy could not be done that day/week, but will be scheduled for June, 2015 at Mount St. Joseph Hospital, which I was surprised and upset to hear I was then sent to his receptionist and was told that my "Surgery date" would be June 2, 2015, but a time has not yet been set, and it would be done under general anesthesia; a bladder biopsy would possibly also be done. I was told to expect a 3 to 4 hour wait in the hospital waiting room before the procedure might take place. I had to be accompanied by an adult when going home after the surgery. I was not given a choice regarding whether the procedure would be performed under general anesthesia or without, using a "numbing" gel as I wished. The receptionist ignored my objections to having a general anesthesia, delaying the procedure, and waiting for 3 to 4 hours for the procedure to be done. I was then given several forms to fill out in the lobby, requiring dr's names, dates of past medical treatments, etc. I was not told in advance to have that information available. It was overall an unfriendly, disorganized appointment that I do not wish to experience again. My overall view is that the appointment was disorganized, unhelpful, inconsiderate and frustrating. I plan on cancelling the procedure at Mount St.. Joseph Hospital and will not again make an appointment with Dr Leone.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I agree with everything positive I read in the other comments. Have been seeing him for 8 years. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Dr Leone is one of those special surgons that knows how to connect and communicate with patients. He respects the emotional trauma related to his specialty, always excercising safety and caution with each step. I. A few days post op from what I consider to be a delicate procedure. He was kind, straight forward and followed up post opperatively with information on the procedure as to its precived successes. I GS e been trying to understand the post opperatively complications and his front desk staff have been a blockade, with advise like call 911 or make an apt. This is a doctor I trust and would recommend him to anyone with urinary related problems.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Very personable and without pretention. I appreciated his willingness to provide the options with pros and cons and allow me to make the decision for myself as to treatment.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Over period of 2 years, I was treated by Dr leone 12 times 3 major surgeries and numerous minor. He was always helpful,informative and always available. Have not figured when he sleeps! Would not hesitate to recommend him

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

With out the details, I had a very bad accident and he saved my life. Plain and simple. Best Doctor I have ever had and is an out right outstanding person.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014