Ratings for Dr. Ronald Weiss

I had a vasectomy done by Dr. Weiss in 2009, and am still dealing with the aftermath. I had sometimes severe post-vasectomy pain for fourteen months following the procedure. Dr. Weiss initially told me the pain would just go away, and then when it didn't, became angry with me and told me the only treatment was a reversal. I wrote him a letter in an effort to improve his practice, but he again blew me off. It is eight years later, and I now have cysts and debris in my scrotum. I have had to see urologists about the complications. Dr. Weiss has the worst bedside manner of any specialist I have ever seen in Ottawa. He should not be performing a procedure the consequences of which he does not seem to understand.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

2 months later my balls still hurts, it ruins my life. No more sport, constant pain, to come back, never have done it!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Cash making operation in it for the money same experience as below come in leave thanks for the cash

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Very poor customer service. Not helpful whatsoever and going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

The procedure was great and well laid out. And yes, it's painless (I'm literally laying here happy 4 hours after the procedure. This is the ONLY reason I am giving a poor review. If there is another doctor offering the same procedure, go there. However, ask more questions of them. They told me my appointment was at one time and then proceeded to start 30mins early. No time for me to take gravol, and the valium kicked in while he was going. He even did an accidental prick (no pun intended) when doing the jet gun, and I did a nice loud "eep", in which his response was "don't scream" in his best "shut the heck up voice". Then I passed out as he got started (remember the poor timing of my valium and gravol) and i passed out because I don't do "procedures" well. And then in this case I had a quick wake shock, forgetting where I am (ahem, valium) and proceeded to sit up and grab for the unknown that was going on in my giblets. Needless to say, Weiss was in the middle of this and in his non-professional mean voice, "what the he (double hockey sticks) are you doing?!?!" .. this point, again with out the gravol I was faint, cold/hot and feeling horrible guilt as he pointed out I may have infected myself and pushed some antibiotics on me. The big problem I had with the whole situation is yes, man up and go in there and don't be scared, but we all have our fears and as a medical practitioner he should be more emothetic to this. Plus, if your going to rush someone into the procedure when they are not ready as per your instructions tions, explain that to them. Also, if you don't want someone jumping up in the middle of the procedure, maybe they should have a nurse in there assisting you, or atleast offer our spouses to join us. Anyways, don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt at all during and it does what it is supposed to. just don't expect to be treated to freindly. Your are just another $100+$45+tax. Hopelly Dr. Weiss or staff reads this and takes some of it to consideration. (Perhaps drop the cocky-ness too, we get it, you invented and live in a big house, get over it.)

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Husband had a great procedure and no problems after.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Please, please, please reconsider your vasectomy. PVPS is real and it's underreported. The people who would do the research and advise against the procedure are the same ones who become millionaires. Our lives have changed dramatically and because we trusted a man who posts false rates of complications and ignores those who come back to him for pain. He lies, he collects the money and then plays golf. PVPS is real. Do your own research.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Not so big on the social skills, but performed well in other areas. Could have answered questions, he chose to avoid them. Procedure was as expected. Recovery was fine.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I took the time to read about the possible side effects of this procedure and spoke with my GP before proceeding. I decided to go with Dr. Weiss under the recommendation of my GP and a few friends who had used his services before. I have to say that I know that experiences may vary from person to person but for me the whole process was easier than I could have imagined. After booking my original appointment, I needed to reschedule due to a conflict. The process was quick and easy. The day of my appointment I arrived about 30 minutes before I was supposed to. I was seen and treated before my actual appointment was scheduled to begin. The entire process from the time I entered the 'operating room' until I was back in the waiting room was 10 minutes at most. I found Dr. Weiss to be direct. He asked if I had any questions or concerns, which i did not. He performed the procedure. The worst part being the first shot of anesthetic on each side. I would say it felt about like a mosquito bite, but only lasts a fraction of a second. After that there was a warm sensation, and that was about it. During the procedure, Dr. Weiss and I talked about my work and then whole thing was over. To be honest I didn't even know he had started until he said "all done". Post vasectomy recovery was pain free. I didn't need any of the prescribed Neproxin. I followed the Dr's instructions for the first day, Ice and rest. Day 2, I worked from my home office. Day 3, I continued to wear the support but was able to go out and felt no discomfort. By Day 4 I was back to normal with just a little adhesive left to come off. In my experience this procedure could not have been easier. I would strongly recommend his service to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I read all the reviews on this site before I had a vasectomy with Dr. Weiss and there are certainly some scary outcomes described. PVPS sounds awful and my heart goes out to anyone suffering from it. I talked about my concerns to my family doctor, who did not have any reservations about recommending Dr. Weiss. She said I would soon find out that many guys I know have been to see him and she hasn't had any cases of PVPS referred to her. I also have a GP who is a personal friend and she has also not had any cases of PVPS referred back to her (different city, different docs). So, despite some residual concern, I decided to have the procedure in February of this year. I have to say, everything went really smoothly. Dr. Weiss does have a brusque bedside manner, but you are in and out very quick (likely in advance of your actual appointment time, as someone else said). The anesthetic burned briefly, but nothing hurt after that. I had surprisingly little pain, I didn't need the anti-inflammatory I was given. I was very mildly sore for a few days and I strictly followed the instructions to limit activity. I'm now far enough out from the procedure to confirm it worked (I needed to do two tests as the first was inconclusive). No pain or any issues with sexual function, everything is as it was before. I'm happy with the procedure and the outcome, I felt like it's my duty to come back to this site to give a review as I did use the ratings here to help me make my decision.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017