Ratings for Dr. Ronald Weiss

Thanks to Dr Weiss, I am now in pain and have been for the last 5 years since he performed a vasectomy. He lied to me when he said he's never had someone with pain afterwards. He's had dozens or more. He refuses to see me now. I never should've gone to him or even had a vasectomy. The numbers are closer to 33% who have problems!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I had a V in 2006, procedure itself went fairly smooth however my life has never been the same. I called the office a day or so after the procedure explaining the pain I was in but my plea for help was dismissed and I was told it was "normal". I made an apt with Dr Weiss shortly after the V and told him the about the pain I was suffering. He simply didn't give a sh*t and even had the nerve to say "its not from anything I did". I saw a Urologist about a year after the V and he said to try and wait it out, the pain may just go away. Slowly, month by month, year by year, the pain did get better however I was far from 100%. Around year 4 I felt a sudden twinge in my testicles and it has been complete nightmare since. I'm now entertaining the V-reversal idea, I've seen countless Dr's, Urologists, Surgeons, Gp's seeking help but nobody seems to know what to do. I would strongly advise anyone out there NOT TO GET A VASECTOMY! The 1in10,000 odds are simply lies. Having the V was easily the worst decision of my life, I'll never be whole again. I sincerely don't want to continue living in this condition, if I was a family pet, my owners would have put me down long ago. I was duped by this man, the numbers speak for themselves. POST VASECTOMY PAIN IS A REALITY.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

The goto Dr. for a vasectomy in Ottawa. No complications. Followed his instructions to the T to be safe.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I had a vasectomy done by Dr. Weiss in 2009, and am still dealing with the aftermath. I had sometimes severe post-vasectomy pain for fourteen months following the procedure. Dr. Weiss initially told me the pain would just go away, and then when it didn't, became angry with me and told me the only treatment was a reversal. I wrote him a letter in an effort to improve his practice, but he again blew me off. It is eight years later, and I now have cysts and debris in my scrotum. I have had to see urologists about the complications. Dr. Weiss has the worst bedside manner of any specialist I have ever seen in Ottawa. He should not be performing a procedure the consequences of which he does not seem to understand.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

2 months later my balls still hurts, it ruins my life. No more sport, constant pain, to come back, never have done it!!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Cash making operation in it for the money same experience as below come in leave thanks for the cash

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Very poor customer service. Not helpful whatsoever and going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

The procedure was great and well laid out. And yes, it's painless (I'm literally laying here happy 4 hours after the procedure. This is the ONLY reason I am giving a poor review. If there is another doctor offering the same procedure, go there. However, ask more questions of them. They told me my appointment was at one time and then proceeded to start 30mins early. No time for me to take gravol, and the valium kicked in while he was going. He even did an accidental prick (no pun intended) when doing the jet gun, and I did a nice loud "eep", in which his response was "don't scream" in his best "shut the heck up voice". Then I passed out as he got started (remember the poor timing of my valium and gravol) and i passed out because I don't do "procedures" well. And then in this case I had a quick wake shock, forgetting where I am (ahem, valium) and proceeded to sit up and grab for the unknown that was going on in my giblets. Needless to say, Weiss was in the middle of this and in his non-professional mean voice, "what the he (double hockey sticks) are you doing?!?!" .. this point, again with out the gravol I was faint, cold/hot and feeling horrible guilt as he pointed out I may have infected myself and pushed some antibiotics on me. The big problem I had with the whole situation is yes, man up and go in there and don't be scared, but we all have our fears and as a medical practitioner he should be more emothetic to this. Plus, if your going to rush someone into the procedure when they are not ready as per your instructions tions, explain that to them. Also, if you don't want someone jumping up in the middle of the procedure, maybe they should have a nurse in there assisting you, or atleast offer our spouses to join us. Anyways, don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt at all during and it does what it is supposed to. just don't expect to be treated to freindly. Your are just another $100+$45+tax. Hopelly Dr. Weiss or staff reads this and takes some of it to consideration. (Perhaps drop the cocky-ness too, we get it, you invented and live in a big house, get over it.)

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Husband had a great procedure and no problems after.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Please, please, please reconsider your vasectomy. PVPS is real and it's underreported. The people who would do the research and advise against the procedure are the same ones who become millionaires. Our lives have changed dramatically and because we trusted a man who posts false rates of complications and ignores those who come back to him for pain. He lies, he collects the money and then plays golf. PVPS is real. Do your own research.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017