Ratings for Dr. Ronald Weiss

Not so big on the social skills, but performed well in other areas. Could have answered questions, he chose to avoid them. Procedure was as expected. Recovery was fine.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

I took the time to read about the possible side effects of this procedure and spoke with my GP before proceeding. I decided to go with Dr. Weiss under the recommendation of my GP and a few friends who had used his services before. I have to say that I know that experiences may vary from person to person but for me the whole process was easier than I could have imagined. After booking my original appointment, I needed to reschedule due to a conflict. The process was quick and easy. The day of my appointment I arrived about 30 minutes before I was supposed to. I was seen and treated before my actual appointment was scheduled to begin. The entire process from the time I entered the 'operating room' until I was back in the waiting room was 10 minutes at most. I found Dr. Weiss to be direct. He asked if I had any questions or concerns, which i did not. He performed the procedure. The worst part being the first shot of anesthetic on each side. I would say it felt about like a mosquito bite, but only lasts a fraction of a second. After that there was a warm sensation, and that was about it. During the procedure, Dr. Weiss and I talked about my work and then whole thing was over. To be honest I didn't even know he had started until he said "all done". Post vasectomy recovery was pain free. I didn't need any of the prescribed Neproxin. I followed the Dr's instructions for the first day, Ice and rest. Day 2, I worked from my home office. Day 3, I continued to wear the support but was able to go out and felt no discomfort. By Day 4 I was back to normal with just a little adhesive left to come off. In my experience this procedure could not have been easier. I would strongly recommend his service to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I read all the reviews on this site before I had a vasectomy with Dr. Weiss and there are certainly some scary outcomes described. PVPS sounds awful and my heart goes out to anyone suffering from it. I talked about my concerns to my family doctor, who did not have any reservations about recommending Dr. Weiss. She said I would soon find out that many guys I know have been to see him and she hasn't had any cases of PVPS referred to her. I also have a GP who is a personal friend and she has also not had any cases of PVPS referred back to her (different city, different docs). So, despite some residual concern, I decided to have the procedure in February of this year. I have to say, everything went really smoothly. Dr. Weiss does have a brusque bedside manner, but you are in and out very quick (likely in advance of your actual appointment time, as someone else said). The anesthetic burned briefly, but nothing hurt after that. I had surprisingly little pain, I didn't need the anti-inflammatory I was given. I was very mildly sore for a few days and I strictly followed the instructions to limit activity. I'm now far enough out from the procedure to confirm it worked (I needed to do two tests as the first was inconclusive). No pain or any issues with sexual function, everything is as it was before. I'm happy with the procedure and the outcome, I felt like it's my duty to come back to this site to give a review as I did use the ratings here to help me make my decision.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I seriously REGRET this vasectomy. All went OK for the first 2 weeks but on the week 3 i start to felt like i was kick in the nuts .I call DR Weiss office to being told its not normal and go see your doctor.Being like that for 8 day now and counting .Now waiting to see my doctor.I cant work anymore due to the pain . I wish i can take the time machine and undo all this.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Had my vasectomy done last week; my appointment was at 10 am but I was told I had to be there at the latest at 9:15 and that I should take my valium an hour before the procedure, so around 8:45 at the latest. I took my pill at 8:30 and was in the office by 8:40 because I really didn't want to miss my 9:15 deadline. I got in and the lady at the front desk asked my to take my shoes off and go with her, I thought it was just for a prep or consultation. But no, it was actually for the procedure, I was out of the office before the actual time of my appointment. It was quick and painless even if the valium didn't take full effect until I left; everything is so well explained in all the pamphlets that I did not have any questions about anything, before or after. Did not experience any pain at all the following week. I just followed the instructions: I did not lift anything, did not go up and down the stairs for no reason, didn't walk if I didn't have too. Haven't sent in my samples so I don't know if the procedure was a success yet. When it was over, the doctor just told me to put my pants back up and left the room. They gave me a Coke and what I thought was a lollipop, but it was just a condom.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Me too on the pain. Also have found out that the rates given were not true. I tried to report him to the urologists Ontario group but he is not a urologist. He is a family doctor. That's seems the next step. Anyone tried to sue for the misinformation and pain?

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr. Weiss botched my husband's vasectomy and left him in constant agony. He went from being a great dad and sweet husband to a pill popping couch potato overnight. Dr. Weiss' staff said wear the support and take the naproxen. It's been nine months now and my husband is getting worse - I don't know how we will make ends meet, we never, in our wildest dreams expected him to become incapacitated from this 'safe and simple procedure.' I have come to find out through various medical channels that my husband's post vasectomy pain is more common than Dr. Weiss let on. It's actually more like 2%, so 1 in 50, not 1 in 10,000. I can't believe how many 'victims' of Dr. Weiss are on this site alone. It's mind-boggling. You misled us Dr. Weiss and now our lives are ruined. You stole my husband from me and you stole my children's father from them. You should be ashamed of yourself, you greedy lying swine.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Amateur Hack! Don't go. This guy aint even a urologist! He's just a family doc not a friggin surgeon. When the kicked in the balls pain that I have never went away and I went to see him about it, he had no idea what to do and acts like he's never even seen this crap before! Then I start researching (shoulda done that before) and find out that anywhere from 1-5% will have severe scrotal pain and it cant be fixed! WTF!! I fell like Im being kicked in the nuts all day every day - I cant sleep I cant eat I cant work and its been almost a year now! Im ready to hack my nuts off with a garden shear, but will that make it worse? Thanks Ronnie you lying scumbag...1 in 10,000 my a.s.s. more like 1 in 20

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I can't believe I have PVPS. I cant believe this doc lied to me. My life is a living nightmare and I am now disabled. My current urologist who is trying to fix my PVP/s (without much success) has told me that there are numerous postal surveys and studies done which show PVP to be anywhere from 1-2% or 5-10% depending upon source. He admits it's a serious problem and that vasectomists all over the place lie about the risks. Dr. Weiss told me it was 1 in 10,000 chance of a chronic ache and that a reversal would fix it - couldn't be more untrue. I can't sleep, i can't exercise, I take pain meds all day and cant work as my job requires heavy lifting. Dont go. I wish I could take back that fateful day.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Count me in as another unlucky PVPS sufferer. If it was really 1 in 10,000 as Dr. Weiss stated, then why are there so many of us on here? Also check this out: https://www.auanet.org/common/pdf/education/clinical-guidance/Vasectomy.pdf It's the American Urological Association's guidelines on vasectomy, wherein they state a 1-2% chance of chronic scrotal pain severe enough to impact quality of life, with a bunch of peer reviewers, including, none other than Dr. Ronald Weiss himself! So he peer reviewed AUA guidelines and agreed with the 1-2% severe pain figure, yet prefers to say the chance is actually .01%? Unbelievable. Oh BTW, a reversal failed to fix my pain, and it's suspected that the perineal branch of my pudendal nerve (which is in your scrotum) was hit by Dr. Weiss during my vasectomy. No wonder why I not only have stabbing, tingling, burning scrotal pain, but also anal pain and severe pain when sitting. I was perfectly healthy before and now life sucks. I'm middle aged and don't want to live another 20-30 years like this. No way. There's nothing to be done that can fully bring you back to the way you were. Look it up online, it's all over the place, numerous studies have been published for decades. I've never seen such lies about a medical procedure before, never in my entire life. Don't do it, just use condoms, sure they suck, but at least you won't end up with pain in your junk for your whole life.

Dr. Ronald Weiss's Credentials