Ratings for Dr. Hal Cohen

My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Cohen's, pretty much since he started in the basement of his first office in OOB. He is compassionate, intelligent, and trustworthy. If he doesn't have the answer, he is not afraid to say so and send you to someone who will have the answer. You can see him for illness, injuries, or if you just need someone who cares when you need to talk. I wish his office was still in OOB, but that wasn't his choice to make! I like that I never have to wait long in the waiting room. He is usually very much on time.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr.Cohen since her assisted in the delivery of my daughter in 1996. He is a great doctor & his holistic approach over prescriptions has always been in my families best interest.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. Hal cared for my uncle for the last 18 months of his life (after my uncle entered a hospice program). His empathy and compassion were amazing. I took my uncle to his office visits and these visits were always extremely anticipated and enjoyed. He was a "straight shooter" with my uncle and helped by uncle cope with his diagnosis head-on.. He listened and gave my uncle great advice. My uncle couldn't have had a better doctor for the situation he faced. Thank you Dr. Cohen ! :) :)

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I was stereotyped and humiliated in this office not by the nurses, but rather Dr Cohen himself.It had to do with a refill prescription. Apparently he assumes if one is on narcotics for pain, they must be on MaineCare too. Shallow Hal. Hello...some people have jobs and pay for their meds and their humiliating office experiences.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

He always is rushed. He doesn't listen, talks over me, and has become blunt and a bit rude.. He wants to get you in and out and has no real interest. He does not like patients who are proactive with regard to their health. He is probably better with children and adults who are "yes" patients. Being a poor listener makes him impossible to trust - you can't understand the problem if you don't listen. I used to go to him but felt the need to find a Dr. who cares more. Cohen has you come back often for little "no reason" visits - if you don't, you don't get your medications. Even another Dr. remarked that maybe he is using this to make more money.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

The best doctor ever! I've been to a multitude of different doctors (mainly specialists and such) and I find myself comparing them to him. He listens to you and sincerely cares about his patients. I could never say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

What a wonderful doctor! Great with children and adults. Not ashamed to say he is an advocate for your children, even if it means admonishing you for something, like smoking, that is detrimental to your children. And will do anything in his power to help you over the trouble. His office staff is caring, competent, and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2007

THE BEST doctor in Maine. So nice and laid back. LISTENS and treats patients like gold. Staff is competant, but a liitle luke-warm personality-wise.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

Dr. Hal Cohen's Credentials

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Biddeford, ME