Ratings for Dr. Timothy C. Hain

Dr. Hain is phenomenal, spends as much time as you need to discuss medical issues. Helped me a great deal with Menieres and silent migraines, I was sent to him by two top Menieres and ENT specialists . Dr. Hain was able to come to conclusions others could not. Cant thank him enough and will keep him as a Dr as long as he is in practice

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I have flown in from Toronto twice to see Dr. Hain. I trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr. Hain is amazing. He gets right to the problem, tests for accuracy, gives a diagnosis and you leave knowing exactly what is wrong with you. I saw Dr. Hain in 2010, after seeing three doctors in Los Angeles who did a shoddy job of testing. Dr. Hain gave me the proper tests, gave me the prognosis for what I had wrong and I left with a clear vision of what to expect for the rest of my life. I was given an overdose of an IV medication from a doctor in Los Angeles and she denied that it was her fault. Dr. Hain's test of the right portion of the ears confirmed that she did in fact overdose this medication and knocked my vestibular balance out 'permanently'. I saw Dr. Hain 3 years into this problem when I should have seen him from day one. I will always be indebted to Dr. Hain for confirming that I did not make this up - it is a very real mistake made by that LA doctor. Thank you Dr. Hain - I would recommend you to the world if I could! Barbara

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

I thought Dr. Hain was amazing. He had a lot of knowledge about my specific disorder. He was able to answer every single question I had and gave me a reason for all of my symptoms. I was diagnosed with Migraine associated vertigo and he started me on a medication that is helping a lot. I have severe medication sensitivity and he was very understanding. He started me out on a child dose of a medication I was comfortable with. He spent a half an hour prior to my appointment reviewing all of my previous test result and going over all of my symptoms. He then spent a half an hour with me explaining my condition and answering questions. I had gone to 7 doctors prior to him and had been sick for a year without a diagnosis. It was nice to have answers from a patient and understanding doctor that understood what I was talking about.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2010

Dr. Hain changed my life! I had vertigo and migranes. I had been to several doctors and Dr. Hain was the only specialist that actually helped me. The staff is kind. I will continue to see Dr. Hain. I do not know where I would be without Dr. Hain! It is a scary thought to me!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

He is very nice but my first appointment came up with a crazy diagnosis without doing any tests at all and spent maybe 10 minutes with me when they say expect 2 hours. I was told he is very thourough but that wasnt the case. He spent 10 minutes with me then thats that. I am going to be seeing him one more time just to see if he has anything good to say. He is sussposed to the best but he fell far from it. I would recommend him to people with vertigo yes BUT i would say dont expect everything you think from him. Hopfully more people have had a better experience though. very nice guy in my eyes tho. Overrated still

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

This Dr. is the worse. I was on long term disability which 2 other Neurologists & a Neurosurgeon had findings because of daily migraines that were so bad. Everyday was staying home with heat on back of neck, ice on forhead, dizziness, nausea/vomiting. I went to him & he acted as if he agreed why I can't work. Then he filled out the papers for the insurance & said I faked the dizziness test (come on, just being in that machine w/out it moving was making me sick), told the insurance I can work and some other misinformation. The Dr's I've been seeing since after having a major brain surgery couldn't believe what he wrote to the disability insurance. One Neurologist said he gets paid off by the insurance which wouldn't surprise me because his diagnosis was so far off. I would not recommend him to my worse enemy.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

Dr. Hain is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. He is rude, and spent 70% of the time telling me I need to gain weight (I'm at a healthy weight; have never heard I was too thin). He barely spent anytime with me on the condition I was there for. He then gave a diagnosis that didn't make sense and gave me a script for a med I can't take. I let him know my doctor wouldn't allow me to take this med because of severe reactions I've had to several other meds in the same category. He told me to take it anyway. I called my doc when I got home and he said absolutely not. I also had a letter typed up from Dr. Hain and both other doc's I saw said he was off base and his diagnosis did not make sense. He didn't order any neurological tests either which is crazy considering the condition I was in for. Instead he had me take hearing tests I didn't need. He also said he was not giving me the med that would help me most, but one that would make me gain weight. What?!?!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Hain is immensely kind and a very thorough doctor. He entertained theories that were more obscure in his quest to work with me to find a diagnosis, and while we didn't come up with anything, it was helpful and reassuring to know that truly all bases were covered. He was honest with me and worked with me to make sure I was comfortable with his reasoning. I do wish he was a little more aggressive when it came to treatment of symptoms, but in all fairness, I was sent to him for a diagnosis, not treatment. He specializes in dizziness and hearing issues, often related to neurology of the ear/brain. His administrative staff is a little difficult and sometimes bordering on incompetant, and can take some managing, but they are kind, and that helps patients feel a bit more comfortable in the office. I would recommend him for patients dealing with hearing and dizziness issues, but probably not other neurological diseases or conditions.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

Dr. Timothy C. Hain's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1982)