You may also like

Rate Dr. Atul Khullar

Dr. Atul Khullar's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Khullar's for over five years. He has been an excellent doctor and taken his time to figure out my complex issues and stabilize me. There have been occasional last minute cancellations, but the office has always gotten me back in within 2-4 weeks. His office has always sent a refill in if the pharmacy faxes in a request. This has never been refused. The office is fairly busy and I understand that Dr. Khullar is one of the only sleep psychiatrists in Alberta, so there can be some waits to see him, but the office has put me on a cancellation list if needed which has worked quite well before. He has been very helpful overall and I greatly appreciate his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for some time now. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and personable. He tries very hard to do a good job and I very much appreciate having him as my doctor.

My only complaint about this office is the number of cancelled appointments and the sometimes long waits. I have booked several appointments months in advance only to be cancelled shortly before the appointment. Then, when I try to rebook, there are no openings for several weeks. When they cancel you last minute, the office should do everything possible to get you back in quickly. This is a real problem when you're depending on the appointment to refill prescriptions. Unfortunately, this office refuses to call prescriptions into pharmacies - not very patient-friendly when it is their fault the appointment was cancelled in the first place. I've also had appointments where I've been sitting in the waiting room for over a half hour before Dr. K. even walked in. He's a great doctor, I just wish he had a little more respect for patients' time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858813].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Khullar has been my specialist for 3 years. I am very fortunate & grateful to have my health in his care. Sincerely, Nancy Faulder

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

An outstanding experience he has saved my life. I highly recommend him. His knowledge level far surpasses any doctor I have seen. He is patient and kind but tells it like it is.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2519629].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

Dr. Khullar treated me for a longstanding sleep disorder (that he diagnosed) plus crisis-level depression, and his knowledge of how these problems work together saved me. He saw me multiple times on short notice when I was ill, and he figured out immediately what medication issue was causing my distress. After the 20-hour sleep study, he found a med that keeps me awake during the day, after years and years of being drowsy/unfocused even in public. I don't find that he runs particularly late.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2443788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for about 5 years now. He has changed my life dramatically. Yes he tends to run late but I don't care, he has given me my life back. Instead of being addicted to sleep I can actually live my life now. Highly Recommend him to anyone who is able to see him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1158765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2013

Dr Khullar is the best doctor I have ever been to, he is very kind, compassionate, and extremly knowledgable,I have been seeing him for @ 2 years originally for sleep issues. More than a sleep doctor he diagnosed other ailments that the GP I was going to did not find Can not say enough good things about this extremly GOOD Doctor, Only wish could have been treated by him years ago, He has changed my life for the better and was very fortunate to be recommended to him Thank you

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1158764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2012

I see Dr. Kullar in Calgary, and the staff here are terrific. Dr. K runs behind but it is what it is. His helpfulness is very much apprieciated and knowledge is unbelievable. My conditions are very stubborn. I have seen Dr. K for more than 4 yrs. and he has never given up, he continues to try and improve my quality of life. I have made huge gains in 4 yrs. thanks to the knowlegde of Dr. Kullar.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1158763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2011

not happy to see this guy who was supposedly an expert in sleep but did not tell me where to get the right machine etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1158762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

Dr. Khullar is not just a psychiatrist, but also a Sleep Specialist. and I have issues in both areas, as well as others. I met him today at the Northern Sleep Clinic where he works 3.5 days a week. He was a little behind in his appointments, but the hope he gave me for the future more than made up for that. He was not only personable and highly knowledgeable, but he was also quite humble, with no apparent `god-complex`issues many doctors have. He looked at my problems in both areas from a new viewpoint I had not encountered yet from other doctors, and if his remedies don`t work it won`t be from lack of understanding or compassion. He made my partner and I right at home, listening to our questions and concerns, and taking the time to make sure we understood his answers. An excellent doctor. He also has excellent staff, especially the woman who works all night to administer the sleep studies to his patients. My best to anyone who goes to see him. May we all have the success we look for.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1158761].votes_count ]]