Ratings for Dr. Atul Khullar

Dr. Khullar was able to help me with complex problems related to both my sleep and mental health. There aren't many doctors who excel in multiple areas these days, and I really appreciated seeing someone who saw how my issues were all connected. He does tend to run late, but I think it's partly because he takes the time to talk to his pateints. Overall I'm very happy with his care.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Does not want to hear about events from many years ago even though I told him that I believe it is the root of my problems....just prescribes expensive drugs and told to come back in a few months where this whole process of "that happened years ago and I don't want to hear about it" begins again.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I had struggled for years to have other doctors actually listen and take the time needed to sort out my complex issues. I am so grateful for my referral to Dr. Khullar, who literally saved me from myself. He is kind, listens and is not afraid to be frank with his opinions and direction. He is flexible and allows me to have a larger say in my treatment than any other doctor I have encountered. He is often late - especially if you make appointments earlier in the day. His staff are very pleasant and easy to work with. I have had a couple cancelled appointments but was able to be rescheduled within a timely manner - my biggest complaint with that was that they were unable/unwilling to fax prescription refills. Overall I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Khullar's for over five years. He has been an excellent doctor and taken his time to figure out my complex issues and stabilize me. There have been occasional last minute cancellations, but the office has always gotten me back in within 2-4 weeks. His office has always sent a refill in if the pharmacy faxes in a request. This has never been refused. The office is fairly busy and I understand that Dr. Khullar is one of the only sleep psychiatrists in Alberta, so there can be some waits to see him, but the office has put me on a cancellation list if needed which has worked quite well before. He has been very helpful overall and I greatly appreciate his care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for some time now. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and personable. He tries very hard to do a good job and I very much appreciate having him as my doctor. My only complaint about this office is the number of cancelled appointments and the sometimes long waits. I have booked several appointments months in advance only to be cancelled shortly before the appointment. Then, when I try to rebook, there are no openings for several weeks. When they cancel you last minute, the office should do everything possible to get you back in quickly. This is a real problem when you're depending on the appointment to refill prescriptions. Unfortunately, this office refuses to call prescriptions into pharmacies - not very patient-friendly when it is their fault the appointment was cancelled in the first place. I've also had appointments where I've been sitting in the waiting room for over a half hour before Dr. K. even walked in. He's a great doctor, I just wish he had a little more respect for patients' time.

Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Khullar has been my specialist for 3 years. I am very fortunate & grateful to have my health in his care. Sincerely, Nancy Faulder

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

An outstanding experience he has saved my life. I highly recommend him. His knowledge level far surpasses any doctor I have seen. He is patient and kind but tells it like it is.

Submitted August 30, 2014

Dr. Khullar treated me for a longstanding sleep disorder (that he diagnosed) plus crisis-level depression, and his knowledge of how these problems work together saved me. He saw me multiple times on short notice when I was ill, and he figured out immediately what medication issue was causing my distress. After the 20-hour sleep study, he found a med that keeps me awake during the day, after years and years of being drowsy/unfocused even in public. I don't find that he runs particularly late.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for about 5 years now. He has changed my life dramatically. Yes he tends to run late but I don't care, he has given me my life back. Instead of being addicted to sleep I can actually live my life now. Highly Recommend him to anyone who is able to see him.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr Khullar is the best doctor I have ever been to, he is very kind, compassionate, and extremly knowledgable,I have been seeing him for @ 2 years originally for sleep issues. More than a sleep doctor he diagnosed other ailments that the GP I was going to did not find Can not say enough good things about this extremly GOOD Doctor, Only wish could have been treated by him years ago, He has changed my life for the better and was very fortunate to be recommended to him Thank you

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012