Ratings for Dr. Atul Khullar

Dr. Khullar is fantastic. Thanks to him I'm on not nodding off during the day and terrorizing my household at night anymore. I've been seeing him for about 7 years now and I couldn't recommend him more to others. He is incredibly knowledgeable, thoughtful and very friendly. There are no sleep specialists where I live so I have to drive 450km for every visit (every 3 months), but knowing I'm traveling for excellent patient care with a doctor i completely trust makes it fine. Thank you, Dt. Khullar!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr Khullar is a phenominal Dr. He takes time to listen and then find solutions that work. Compared to most doctors, Dr. Khullar is extremely knowledgeable, and keeps uptodate on current medical issues. He cares about what is best for the patient. I appreciate his kindness and gentleness while he is right up front and does not sugar coat the facts. He is very compassionate and a great doctor. He is a 10 out of 10 in my opinion. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Left a message with hospital clinic while doctor was away letting him know I was having a reaction to a new med he put me on. Boy was I shocked when I got a phone call at home. Nobody does that anymore. We talked things out and he put me onow something else. Great listener, generally cares about his patients. I also see him for control of my sleep apnea. We are still working on that issue.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for over 3 years now. He is a very knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and caring doctor. He takes the time to listen to me and address my concerns. Despite of my ongoing issues, he has not given up on me. Thank you Dr. Khullar. Margareta

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I very much appreciate Dr. Khullar's willingness to persist with a long-standing and complicated sleep disorder compounded by a challenging physical health problem. He is thoughtful, patient and compassionate. He gives me hope there may be an eventual improvement is the difficult situation.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Dr. Khullar was able to help me with complex problems related to both my sleep and mental health. There aren't many doctors who excel in multiple areas these days, and I really appreciated seeing someone who saw how my issues were all connected. He does tend to run late, but I think it's partly because he takes the time to talk to his pateints. Overall I'm very happy with his care.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Does not want to hear about events from many years ago even though I told him that I believe it is the root of my problems....just prescribes expensive drugs and told to come back in a few months where this whole process of "that happened years ago and I don't want to hear about it" begins again.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I had struggled for years to have other doctors actually listen and take the time needed to sort out my complex issues. I am so grateful for my referral to Dr. Khullar, who literally saved me from myself. He is kind, listens and is not afraid to be frank with his opinions and direction. He is flexible and allows me to have a larger say in my treatment than any other doctor I have encountered. He is often late - especially if you make appointments earlier in the day. His staff are very pleasant and easy to work with. I have had a couple cancelled appointments but was able to be rescheduled within a timely manner - my biggest complaint with that was that they were unable/unwilling to fax prescription refills. Overall I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Khullar's for over five years. He has been an excellent doctor and taken his time to figure out my complex issues and stabilize me. There have been occasional last minute cancellations, but the office has always gotten me back in within 2-4 weeks. His office has always sent a refill in if the pharmacy faxes in a request. This has never been refused. The office is fairly busy and I understand that Dr. Khullar is one of the only sleep psychiatrists in Alberta, so there can be some waits to see him, but the office has put me on a cancellation list if needed which has worked quite well before. He has been very helpful overall and I greatly appreciate his care.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Khullar for some time now. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and personable. He tries very hard to do a good job and I very much appreciate having him as my doctor. My only complaint about this office is the number of cancelled appointments and the sometimes long waits. I have booked several appointments months in advance only to be cancelled shortly before the appointment. Then, when I try to rebook, there are no openings for several weeks. When they cancel you last minute, the office should do everything possible to get you back in quickly. This is a real problem when you're depending on the appointment to refill prescriptions. Unfortunately, this office refuses to call prescriptions into pharmacies - not very patient-friendly when it is their fault the appointment was cancelled in the first place. I've also had appointments where I've been sitting in the waiting room for over a half hour before Dr. K. even walked in. He's a great doctor, I just wish he had a little more respect for patients' time.

Submitted July 7, 2015