Dr. Edwin R. England

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Edwin R. England

Dr England delivered my 5th child and provided all my maternal care. He gave me a cervical check without asking permission after he swabbed me for strep. He not only checked me without gaining permission first, but did so very painfully. None of my other cervical checks I had received with my previous doctor made me crawl backwards up the examination table the way Dr England’s cervical check did. His hand was way up inside me and I kept yelling, “Stop! Stop!” And of course, he didn’t stop, it was very difficult for me to explain (with his hand inside me) that I never dilate until the day I’m in labor. Even after explaining that I wouldn’t be dilated (at 36 weeks) he continued shoving his fingers into my cervix, trying to dilate it with his fingers. I was shocked. I think I was medically raped. The nurse was in the room and just silently watched the entire interaction. With my other 4 children (and other doctor) I had never had an experience like this. I didn’t want to say anything and ruin his reputation, but what if he did that to someone who was pregnant with her first child and didn’t know any different? The next time I saw dr England was when I got to the hospital on the day of delivery. I was dilated to a ten and couldn’t speak - I did not want dr England to deliver my baby, but they called him since he was my dr up to that point. Delivery with him was ok, but I would have preferred to have the dr on call instead of him.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2019

Amazing and courteous dr! He is so kind and caring. His Bedside manner is amazing! Truly a great dr.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. England is an exceptional OB and surgeon! In 2008 he saved both mine and my daughter's lives. The nurse in labor and delivery messed up big and without Dr. England's quick thinking my daughter would not be with us today! He has performed 2 c-section surgeries and 1 repair surgery on me and has done his very best each time. The thing I like most about Dr. England is he truly cares about his patients. Sometimes I have to wait long to see him, but I don't mind because I know that when its my turn he will give me his undivided attention and not rush with me and make sure that all my questions are answered and that all my needs are met. I would highly recommend Dr. England and I can say with great confidence that if he is your doctor you will receive the best care.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

LOVE this dr, wouldn't ever change! I love far away yet still go because he is amazing and delivered all 4 of my kids, and they weren't easy deliveries.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have enjoyed Dr. England as my OB I chose for my 1st pregnancy. He has been very helpful, kind, happy and seems to care about me personally. I will say his staff is kind, I love his nurse. But.. I did walk out of my apt once, and heard the Medical assistant talking to the other girls about me. I thought it was tacky and wasn't impressed. But as for Dr. England himself, he is very kind and easy to be around. But the wait time can be incredibly long. I have yet to have an apt take less than an hour.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. England obliterated my uterus. Ive had 4 RE's tell me my uterus is botched and I may never carry my own baby. He assured me he would be careful in the D&E and he ruined me. I have been told there is No way my uterus would scar up 95% if he was "careful" I went in his office to pick up paperwork now that I have to fly all over the US to try to get fixed and he wasn't even sorry. No apology just went in and made sure he wrote the right OR notes to try to save his butt. Im devastated. He never called me back, never followed up. He's a terrible doctor please save your fertility and future children and go to real doctor.

Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. England is a great doctor. Understanding. Made me feel at eezz while in the office. Very good with any questions I had. I loved having the emergency phone number to call one of his doctors after hours. I live 4 hours away from riverton. And I will defently be back to see Dr. England on my next baby. =)

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. England & his staff are always so friendly & helpful & answers all my questions he does not rush me through my appointments & makes me feel comfortable I think its great how he asks how my girls are doing I like how personable he is I also like the way he carries on a conversation with my husband.... I had a great pregnancy & delivery Now I am on baby #3 and would Not go to any other Dr. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. England to everyone!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

I stumbled across Dr. England 7 or 8 years ago before having kids when I just needed a check up and he was available the same day. I have never, ever wanted to change doctors, and have recommended him to friends repeatedly. He's gotten much busier as the years go by, but I appreciate the time he takes with you as a patient, and feel very comfortable around him. I've had two babies and a late miscarriage/ D and C with him, and will soon deliver my third baby. My first was a difficult delivery, but he stuck with it as long as it took, and didn't rush me off for an unnecessary C-section (I realized after that many doctors would have done exactly that and wanted to hug him and say "THANK YOU!"). Second baby was an easy delivery. He and his nurse were very kind and helpful with my late miscarriage. I have nothing bad I can say about him or his staff and would totally recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I really like Dr England (his first name is Edwin, not Edward at ubove)he has been knowledgable, and I hardly ever have to wait. His personality puts me at ease, he is very easy to ask questions to. The staff is always friendly as well.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

Dr. Edwin R. England's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)