Ratings for Dr. Yulan Huang

Dr. Huang is excellent. I have seen her a few times at the walk in when my family doctor was not available. On two of these occassions, she sent me to the ER with a written consult which fast tracked me at the hospital. One required immediate minor surgery, the other observation. Most walk in doctors will dismiss you in minutes, but she doesn't. She is fast, sometimes too fast if very busy but she is lovely and very professional, but don't waste her time and ask a lot of questions.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Went to this Dr because of terrible back pain that had come on while cleaning up my garage. I went first for a massage to see if that would help, and my therapist (whom I've seen for 15 years) suggested I see a doctor, as she believed the pain was potentially caused by a spinal issue. Huang did a 60 second "exam" and refused to refer me for an xray when requested. Huang said doctors in Ontario only request an xray for back pain if they suspect cancer (!?!). If you go to this clinic when this person is working, leave and look for a more caring doctor. She was less than useless.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Huang is the best doctor I've ever had. She is so friendly, knowledgeable, and thorough. She always takes time to listen, and to explain what needs to be done. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Went for a prescription as my family doctor quit. This person proceeded to lecture me that I should have a list of all my medications with me because she doesn't know what I am on. If she had looked up from her computer, she would have seen that I was holding the list in my hand! Then proceeded to "teach" me about diabetes. When I told her that I have had diabetes for 29 years and know how to test and treat a low blood sugar she responded "It doesn't matter. I have to tell you anyway" I told her that my Endocrinologist takes care of my diabetes but she continued to "educate" me. I found her to be rude, unknowledgeable and condescending!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

As a family doctor this GP has poor communication skills, does not provide patient education, does not listen to patient concerns or questions about treatment. Refers to herself as "we" or "the doctor". Seems to over-refer to specialists except when patient requests it(ie for a colonoscopy). The specialists I have seen have been puzzled by the reason for her referral, wasting both my time and theirs. The bulk of her practice seems to be walk in and this may be what she is best suited for.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

I wish I had known who the dr was before I attended this clinic. My experience was exactly the same as the comments below. She was rude, she did explain anything to me, nor did she introduce herself.(my guess is that it cuts down on her complaints). I would go to a vet, before I would see this Dr. again. She is a poor excuse for a doctor....run dont walk somewhere else....

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

She is the worst doctor ever: very rude and unprofessional. Wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr Huang was rude and her bedside manner leaves something to be desired. We were also referred to the ER for something that we should never have been sent for. She was doing the classic CYA...are you kidding me?!? If this is the physician working at the York medical walk in clinic, go to another clinic.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Y. Huang was sole doctor at the Walk-in Clinic and saw WAY too many clients today. She denied need for another doctor and said no problem for people waiting 2.5 hours +, and “why didn't I see my family doctor instead if I didn’t want to wait?” (No appt. available last week and lost my hearing in the ear.) Dr. Huang has "bought in" to the York Medical "make money on OHIP" system (get rich through copious visits for fee for service). Self-regulation? She did not introduce herself or take time to communicate. She syringed the ear with cool water although I requested that it be warmed more. She quickly dumped the water with the wax down the drain. I asked "how much was removed?", knowing from experience that it would be a lot. In line with her attitude for the day, she held her fingers to show less than .25 cm and said "just a small amount" to minimize concern and quickly left. I looked down the drain, and the secondary finer trap showed a massive 2+ cm wax plug, no mistake!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Staff is sometimes rude, but then again it is a walk in clinic. Dr Huang is very rushed and seems to want to get you out of the office as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011