Ratings for Dr. Cheryl A. Thomas

Probably the worst doctor I have ever been to. No matter what was wrong with me, her answer was gluten sensitivity because, as she told me, gluten is her "thing". Spent hundreds of dollars on her supplements and gluten guide. Was supposed to follow up with her. I did not go back, and they never called wondering where I was. The biggest shocker was when she came into the examination room with her large dog Shelby, who proceeded to get up on the chair that is meant for patients. I could not believe the unprofessionalism. Part of my problem was allergies, and she brings a dog into the room. I left that place and never looked back. I found a wonderful doctor, Dr. Paul McKinnley, in Garden Grove who is the best. Do NOT waste your time or money with Dr. Thomas.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I went to Dr. Thomas for years, mainly for annual physicals and also if I was ill at any other time. I finally stopped because while she was very nice & thorough, and her staff was friendly also, I have never been a dog fan. The final straw was when she asked if she could move my clothes off of a chair (I was naked & in a paper drape at this point) so her dog could sit there. This was in a closet-sized room, and again I have never been a dog fan (this has since changed & I have a pup of my own, but I still am a little leary of big dogs & I wouldn't want any dog in the room for my pelvic exam). Also, I *SO* agree with many others who posted here... I was pushed supplements at every visit no matter what I was there for, and I hate the hard sell for anything. And, I also got the gluten spiel a couple of times, and this was way before gluten was a hot topic. So I'm not saying she's wrong, but I wasn't interested in cutting out gluten. Anyway, I think she's a very nice person but I finally had to make the switch.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

She has a dog wandering around the office, which is so unprofessional. What if a patient is allergic to dogs? What if a patient brings along their small child who is afraid of dogs? Dogs aren't exactly the cleanest animals either. And she pushed her line of prenatal vitamins onto me the way a scamming salesman would, by making it sound like hers were the ONLY prenatal vitamins that are safe and effective. Then when I saw how expensive they were, that was the final straw. My husband and I never went back.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I've been going to Dr Thomas for about 15 years. She's always taken wonderful care of me. I love that she doesn't overbook herself so you don't sit around waiting, she's always on time. She spends time answering questions, I've never felt rushed. She does offer supplements that she thinks will benefit you but she doesn't push you to buy them. Her staff and Shelby, her lovable doggie, are great!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Dr. Thomas is a caring physician who wants the best for her patients. I have been healed of many lifelong conditions because she recognized my gluten sensitivity and was able to customize the supplements I take.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Probably one of the worst physicians with whom I have ever dealt. It seems that all of my health problems are a result of gluten... including old fractures. These health problems can all be addressed by purchasing her specially formulated exclusive line of vitamins (unavailable in any store - act now!). When I expressed concern over my blood pressure and history of elevated cholesterol, she grudgingly agreed to refer me for lab work (why get scientific data? - just buy my vitamins). Over a month and several phone calls later, I have still been unable to get the results of these tests... or a return phone call. Next step will be to file a complaint with the Medical Board of California.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

I am so glad to find a doctor that focuses on prevention and is not afraid to use herbal supplements to complement synthetic medicines. She takes all the time necessary to listen to your needs. She may ask whether you mind that her pet dog come into the exam room and sit on the chair. I think the dog is cute, but some people may find this odd.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

I am grateful to have found Dr. Thomas again. She was my physician for several years, back in 1994. I was with another Dr. recently that would prescribe medication for everything and did not have time to listen. Appt.'s were never on time. Now that I have found Dr. Thomas again, I am appreciative of her holistic experience and her natural medicine. I do admit her alternative medicine is a bit costly and I have found it cheaper at stores. But she is punctual with appt.'s and her staff is very helpful. It is a small office and that is what I like about it. It is a more personal experience and she remembers her patients.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Did not diagnose me correctly. She left me sick and without proper care, not taking time to check the important symptoms. Also overcharged for special "natural solutions" she offered at her office rather than giving me medication. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Dr. Thomas was very kind when I was going through life with a terminally ill husband. She counseled and listened to me and answered all the questions over and beyond her Family Practice. Dr. Thomas wears many hats as a health care provider and is excellent for middle age women going through life changing experiences.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Cheryl A. Thomas's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal