Ratings for Dr. Nancy Durand

Dr. Durand is amazing. Bedside manner excellent. Very knowledgeable and direct. Extremely gentle and tells you what she's doing at every step, which is very important to me because I like to know what's going on. I've been to my share of doctors and she has been one of the best I've encountered, highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Excellent doctor... I have had a total of three surgeries over 9 years would recommend Dr.Durand. She puts me at ease.. very professional and always answers my questions. Cant say enough good things.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Stay as far away as you can from this doctor. She wanted to do extremely invasive surgery. My gut feeling said get the 'heck away from this doctor' I then went to Women's College Hospital where they said I do not need surgery. Hey Dr. Durand TOLD YOU SO! INSTEAD OF CASHING IN ON PERFORMING UNECESSARY SURGERY WHY DON'T YOU CHANGE YOUR WAYS.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

My experience with Dr. Durand has been wonderful. I have found her to be very pleasant and understanding; she takes time to explain anything needed. Her receptionist on the other hand, is unbelievibly rude . I thought maybe she was having an off day, however every following interaction with her just got worse. I am absolutely shocked by her behaviour. Extremely unpleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I had two appointments with this doctor. Immediately opted for surgery. Never discussed other options. Had a pre surgery appointment with her. She rushed through it, her instructions of what I can and cannot eat/drink where all over the place. Mentioned other procedures she was going to perform, refused to go over the risks. Hands me an envelope with pills tells me to insert them (you know where) end of visit. I stood in the hallway for the next 30 seconds asking myself "What the heck just happened"? Came home called Dr. Duran and cancelled my appointment. Rushed, lack of proper disclosure of the risk associated with the procedure, would not answer my questions. ALL ARE RED FLAGS. RUN.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Durand performed many surgeries on me - she is a fantastic surgeon with her trademark neat incisions. Dr. Durand should learn that not everyone is a Dr. so we go to one for advice, help, consideration but overall to be treated like a valued human being who is struggling with a health issue(s). She can be blunt, hurry you along, look at you as though you know nothing and make you feel small - in summary textbook excellent for surgeries, but bedside manner and people dealings need a lot of work.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

When I saw Dr. Durand long ago, I liked her because she was patient, attentive, and careful. When I had questions, she quieted her nurse so that I can speak. Imo, she's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

She may be a good doctor but I was confused about my condition and she looked at me with disgust for not having read the 2 double sided sheets the nurse gave me in the short few minutes before my appt. Nothing indicates she's a great doctor. But she definitely has a good nurse. Don't expect her to listen or bring clarity to your case.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

All of my experiences with Dr. Durand have proved her effective and caring, I consider myself fortunate that a friend recommended her when I required surgery.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Given my complicated and rare medical history, I was very anxious towards my appointment with Doctor Durand. Doctor Durand was well prepared, she had read my medical file prior to meeting me. She laid out her action plan in detail, answered my questions patiently and reassured me. She is very knowledgeable, kind and caring doctor. Once she received my results she called me herself. I have met many doctors and she is outstanding.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016