Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Unger

My favorite physician. Brilliant, down to earth, approachable, excellent bedside manner. My entire family sees him and have had very similar experiences

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Excellent doctor - well respected in the medical field and down to earth. Doens't overly test- is cautious but thorough. Highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

If you're going to see Dr. Unger, be prepared to wait and bring something to keep yourself entertained. He is often running late and I recently discovered that another patient and I both had the same time slot for our appointment which means double-booking. For me, he is worth the wait and it does not bother me that he speaks fast and that I have to refresh his memory. I don't expect any doctor to memorize my chart especially one I see once a year! He has no problem answering questions and discussing treatment options and also has a kind bedside manner. I get colonoscopies every other year and I've never had a problem.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

1 - Doctor shows up to appointments hungover and as if he is ****, and late. 2 - Doctor missed correct diagnosis after two appropriate tests. 3 - Doctor misdiagnosed and prescribed a medication that actually made me WORSE. 4 - Doctor enjoys diagnosing "functional dyspepsia" which is medical terms for "I know there is something wrong with your stomach, I just don't know what it is" 5 - Doctor wanted to prescribe anti depressants, even though did not have a proper diagnosis. 6 - Doctor prescribes this too much, as he states "functional dyspepsia is extremely common with individuals of your age and gender. 7 - Wasted money and time on an endoscopy, several office visits and an ultrasound. 8 - One visit to another doctor and she diagnosed me with the correct problem, giving evidence from other testing. She said, "Functional dyspepsia? That doctor has no clue what he's talking about." Lastly, I feel sorry for his staff - they were decent, but he doesn't deserve to practice.

Submitted October 28, 2010

I was referred to him by my primary care doctor and I thought he was terrific. I have since, sent several family members to his group. My colonoscopy was done at the surgical center and the staff was great. He found some polyps which were removed. I wasn't looking forward to the experience but he made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

After I had my second Upper GI done by another doctor, I learned that this procedure doesn't need to be that hurtful. Doc Unger did my fist Upper GI endoscopy, and the recovery was very painful. He didn't give me medication, and asked me to look up some fancy word on the internet, which is the name for my sypton. My current doc give me medication for relaxing mussle, which seems to be helpful.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

Very bad doctor. He was not able to find out what was wrong with my stomach for 5 months. Instead, he told me I had mental(!!!) problems and wanted me to take antidepressants. I went to a different doctor who just looked at my tests and gave me the appropriate medicine. He couldn't believe Dr. Unger didn't see corrosion on my stomach.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2007

Dr. Unger and his partners were unable to diagnose my condition for over 2 years. Colonoscopy and Endoscopy didn't show anything. I then switched doctors and was immediately diagnosed with colitis. The actual words from the new doctor were "How the hell did they miss this?"

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

dr. unger is nice enough, but at times i wonder how good is, my condition is not exactly under control. my biggest complaint is his nurse- she blew her nose, and went to draw blood from me immed. afterwards, WITH OUT washing her hands or putting on gloves. (I prompty told her "no blood work today for me)

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

very fast talker and seems to always be running late. Does not spend enough time trying to explain need for procedures and answer questions. GI stuff can be complicated and his partners are much more willing to take time to explain. The staff is pretty good, but I won't use him anymore.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2007

Dr. Jeffrey S. Unger's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Somerville, NJ