Ratings for Dr. Cathleen Van Buskirk

Dr. Van Buskirk and her staff are wonderfull! I have had nothing but postive results from day one and cannot say thank you enough to her and her team for what they have done for my quality of life since seeing them. My 6 week post op checkup was nothing but good news! (except I am that much closer to going back to work) . I am

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Van Buskirk was truly a godsend. Had minimally invasive surgery to remove two herniated discs in my cervical spine with bone fusion. Feeling great and back to activities I enjoy like golfin, running and skiing. Thank you Dr. Van Buskirk !

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Just last August I was messed up, with very bad arm nerve pain and palsy in my left hand. PT and chiropractor all said they could fix it. Not. Going to Dr. Van Burskirk was incredibly reassuring and my confidence in her -- even before she operated on me, was very high. Long story short -- she helped clean up and fuse four discs and the results have been amazing. No more pain. Better mobility and strength. And the nerve damage in my left had has healed. This winter I skied 40 days at Winter Park just months after the procedure. Today I had my final x-ray and all is well and good and healed. Four discs is a bunch, but I felt like she would nail it and she did. Thank you Dr and staff for your care and passion for your craft. And, I would highly recommend (and already have many times) to anyone looking for spine issue repair from one of the best doctors I've ever had.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I had a very serious herniation leaving my spinal cord vulnerable to serious and possibly permanent damage. The pain was I was in was almost indescribable. Dr. Van Buskirk fused c-5,c-6,c-7 for me 6 week ago. The nerve pain was gone when I woke up from surgery and has not returned. I can't believe how good I feel now after only 6 weeks. I only have mild stiffness and soreness that improves every day. Dr. Van Buskirk and her staff, Alex are very personable, they explains these procedures in a way the rest of us (non doctors) can understand. She is extremely knowledgeable very confident. She explained all my options and risks very clearly. The care I received from start to finish from Dr. Van Buskirk and Alex was absolutely fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I've been working with Dr. Van Buskirk on managing the degeneration in my spine for many years - always with positive results. She performed a multi-level fusion L4-S1 last summer. Now, six months later, I'm back pain free and well on my way to returning to my normal, very active life. Her patience, willingness to listen, and focused attention, are only a few of the characteristics that make her a fantastic Dr. and surgeon. I'd recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

My entire experience, from the first visit to my 6 week post-op today, has been only positive. Dr. Van Buskirk's professionalism, skill and demeanor have been exceptional. I had a consultation with another neurosurgeon before I met Dr. Van Buskirk, and I just felt more comfortable and supported by Dr. Van Buskirk. I chose her and I know that was the right decision!! My pain is gone and I'm getting my life back. Dr. Van Buskirk is intelligent and competent, but she also is compassionate and explains things in a way that us mere mortals can understand. I have to add that her medical assistant, Alex, is just as professional and competent in what he does. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Van Buskirk knows her stuff! She worked quickly and efficiently to find the best solution to eliminate my nerve pain. Her and the staff not only took care of me but they were also on top of all the paperwork associated, from the doctor's note to everything insurance related, to pre-op necessities. I would highly recommend Dr Van Buskirk and her staff. I am so very thankful to her and her knowledge, skill and the patient care that she gives.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr Van Buskirk operated on my lower back the end of May 2016. She diagnosed the problem perfectly and the operation was an incredible success. I have gone from standing for no more than 5 minutes to over two hours without pain. From walking less than a half of a block to more than a mile. I cannot be happier with the outcome of my surgery.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

Dr. Van Buskirk is thorough in her diagnostic approach, meticulous in her treatment, and takes as long as necessary to explain things and answer questions. Her demeanor is always kind and caring. I'm also very happy with the results of my surgery.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr Van Buskirk operated on my lower back and I am very pleased with the results. She and her staff were very attentive in every way. They were prompt, professional, and very caring. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to any patient needing Orthopedic Surgery.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016