Ratings for Dr. Cathleen Van Buskirk

I had sciatiica and foot numbness for several years, very frustrating. I tried physical therapy and had multiple lower back steroid injections for temporary relief. I was referred to Dr. Van Buskirk who recommended and performed a minimally invasive foraminotomy to relieve nerve pressure. The surgery relieved my lower back pain and numbness. Seven years and counting since the surgery. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Dr. Van Buskirk has performed 2 neck fusions on me in the last 5 years. The first fusion instantly relieved me of my should pain and numbness throughout my arms. The second fusion has eliminated my migraines that I suffered with for the last 2 years. She is punctual, professional, pleasant and always willing to explain every detail to me. i would highly recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I have had two successful herniation surgeries with her and I couldn't be happier with her performance. She listens to her patients to create the optimal surgical plan, spends as much time answering questions as you need to feel comfortable, and ensures your recovery goes well. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a spinal surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

I am a patient of Dr. Van Buskirk, beginning in 2016. She has performed two surgeries on me, one of which was to remove dislodged hardware from a previous back fusion. My second surgery was a cervical neck fusion in August of 2017. My experience with Dr. Van Buskirk has been excellent. I have found Dr. Van Buskirk to be an excellent surgeon and a compassionate doctor. She is highly professional in her practice. Her office runs smoothly and efficiently with the same dedication to outstanding patient care. She has improved my quality of life. Prior to my cervical surgery, I had extreme headaches and limited range of motion in my neck. Today, I am pain free and have full range of motion. In closing, I would highly recommend Dr. VanBuskirk, at Alpine Spine Center. Sandy Brennan

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Most immoral human being. After my 16 hr surgery my husband and her went to dinner and then got a hotel room. They had an affair for a year. She is a horrible human being

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr. Van Buskirk and her staff are wonderfull! I have had nothing but postive results from day one and cannot say thank you enough to her and her team for what they have done for my quality of life since seeing them. My 6 week post op checkup was nothing but good news! (except I am that much closer to going back to work) . I am

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Dr. Van Buskirk was truly a godsend. Had minimally invasive surgery to remove two herniated discs in my cervical spine with bone fusion. Feeling great and back to activities I enjoy like golfin, running and skiing. Thank you Dr. Van Buskirk !

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Just last August I was messed up, with very bad arm nerve pain and palsy in my left hand. PT and chiropractor all said they could fix it. Not. Going to Dr. Van Burskirk was incredibly reassuring and my confidence in her -- even before she operated on me, was very high. Long story short -- she helped clean up and fuse four discs and the results have been amazing. No more pain. Better mobility and strength. And the nerve damage in my left had has healed. This winter I skied 40 days at Winter Park just months after the procedure. Today I had my final x-ray and all is well and good and healed. Four discs is a bunch, but I felt like she would nail it and she did. Thank you Dr and staff for your care and passion for your craft. And, I would highly recommend (and already have many times) to anyone looking for spine issue repair from one of the best doctors I've ever had.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I had a very serious herniation leaving my spinal cord vulnerable to serious and possibly permanent damage. The pain was I was in was almost indescribable. Dr. Van Buskirk fused c-5,c-6,c-7 for me 6 week ago. The nerve pain was gone when I woke up from surgery and has not returned. I can't believe how good I feel now after only 6 weeks. I only have mild stiffness and soreness that improves every day. Dr. Van Buskirk and her staff, Alex are very personable, they explains these procedures in a way the rest of us (non doctors) can understand. She is extremely knowledgeable very confident. She explained all my options and risks very clearly. The care I received from start to finish from Dr. Van Buskirk and Alex was absolutely fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I've been working with Dr. Van Buskirk on managing the degeneration in my spine for many years - always with positive results. She performed a multi-level fusion L4-S1 last summer. Now, six months later, I'm back pain free and well on my way to returning to my normal, very active life. Her patience, willingness to listen, and focused attention, are only a few of the characteristics that make her a fantastic Dr. and surgeon. I'd recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017