Ratings for Dr. Gennady Gekht

Great staff, very punctual and caring bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

After seeing several doctors who were unsuccessful in addressing my severe neck pain which prompted lengthy migraines, I was referred to Dr. Gekht and found him to be thorough and successful in resolving my neck pain by performing cervical radiofrequency ablation and medial branch blocks. He has a wonderful bedside manner, an engaging Do Doctor/patient rapport and always places his patients' concerns foremost. His staff were professional and thorough in processing paperwork and appointments. I moved to El Paso, Texas in 2014 and am currently in the process of trying to find a doctor in our area who can serve me as well as Dr. Gekht did. If necessary I won't think twice about flying back to Sarasota to have Dr. Gekht help me out again.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Gekht & manager Holly Del Rio put my husband and our entire family in a truly TERRIBLE situation. Our story: July 7 my husband saw Dr. Sundberg of Coastal Orthopedics for his back problem. Dr. Sundberg recommended an Epidural Steroid Injection (ESI). If no results, he recommended surgery. Since we have 2 preschoolers and a baby due in August, it was important to get the ESI quickly so that my husband would not be incapable of helping with our new baby and children. Dr. Sundberg recommended Dr Gekht, also of Coastal Orthopedics. At check-out, we were told we couldn’t see Dr. Gekht until Aug 1. We said OK, but we needed to ensure that the ESI would be given on that day. We couldn’t afford to get evaluated and then wait longer. We had to wait 20 min. for this info. Finally, Dr. Sundberg’s medical asst. came to the front & confirmed ‘YES, THE ESI WILL BE GIVEN AUG 1.’ We re-arranged our lives and cancelled a business trip to make this day work. Fast-forward a few days - my husband’s pain was worse. I called & asked if they had a quicker appt. They said no but would call me back to try and work him in. No call came. My husband was suffering and he counted the days until his ESI. On Tues 7/26 , I called & asked to speak with Dr. Gekht’s asst. for a general question. To my utter shock and disbelief, it was at this time that I was told “Your husband is NOT getting an ESI on Monday.” "NO" - he is just scheduled for a “patient evaluation.” Extremely frustrated, I was transferred to manager HOLLY DEL RIO. I explained the situation to Holly. After first telling me that it was “impossible” that anyone told me what they told me, Holly FINALLY admitted that she saw on my husband’s chart that Dr. Sundberg’s medical assistant had written that my husband WOULD receive the ESI on Monday August 1. She then told me that this makes no sense to her, and that she would call me back. I made it clear that we had literally planned our lives around this injection and that we expected what we were told to be honored. She quickly spouted off that she made no promises and was not responsible for what Dr. Sundberg’s assistant told us. When I reminded her that their office advertises being a ‘one stop shop’ for Orthopedics and Pain Management, she told me that the doctors actually function under "different entities." “We have nothing to do with what another doctor’s employee told you.” I replied by telling her that this was ‘ridiculous’ and ‘very lousy’ patient care. Judging by the circumstances and my level of frustration, I thought ‘lousy’ was a very polite choice of words. However, Holly quickly replied and said “I’ll be sure Dr. Gekht knows that you think he is lousy before he gives your husband the ESI.” I told her that sounded MANIPULATIVE & corrected her that I never used this word to describe Dr Gekht but patient care of the practice. She then said she would call me back and hung up. 15 minutes later, I get her call. I really thought she would either say they would do the ESI on Monday or that they would do the patient eval on Monday and schedule the ESI ASAP - like a day or so after that. THINK AGAIN. Instead, she said that since I said they were lousy, Dr. Gekht "had given her permission to cancel my husband’s appointment" and that we could "find another doctor." I asked to speak to her boss. I was told that Jeff at extension 3103 would be giving me a call but this NEVER occurred. I cried my eyes out after this ordeal not only because of the way we were treated but for the lack of human decency that we were shown. My husband is still in pain and we are still waiting to start the process over with another physician. This time I just hope and pray that we will be treated with the level of care and concern that every patient deserves.

Submitted August 3, 2016

Very knowledgeable & professional. Excellent communicator & friendly.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Dr. Gekht is the best pain management doctor I've seen. He is ridiculously smart and talented. He's gotten me through recovery from MRSA in my lower back and taken care of me for several years, dealing with all parts of low and mid back and neck. He has flawless technical skills and knows every drug and medical protocol. He's also a very kind man who really cares about patients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Doctor and staff are professional and to date my treatments for neck pain have been successful.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Dr. Gekht is the best pain management specialist I have met. (I have been in pain over 4 years and have met my share.) Dr. Gekht is caring and thorough. He examines history, sends for consults when indicated and tries his best to get to the bottom of the problem. (Not satisfied like some to put you on opiates and forget it.) If he cannot remedy the problem, he helps you find someone who can. Goes above and beyond in calling other doctors and checking out credentials. You cannot go wrong with this Dr.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Gennady Gekht's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Pain Management Specialist, Dr. Gekht, specializes in neuromuscular disorders related to painful neuropathies of the legs, hands, neck and back. Dr. Gekht also performs the full realm of interventional pain management and is an expert in treating vertebral compression fractures and pelvic fractures. Dr. Gekht completed two fellowships: one in Pain Management from Mayo Clinic and another in Electrophysiology and Neuromuscular Disorders from Emory University in Atlanta. Dr. Gekht served as Chief Resident at Emory University, where he also received his doctor of medicine.

• English

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Castle Connolly’s list of Top Doctors in 2014 and 2015 for Pain Medicine