Ratings for Dr. Eugene Hollenbach

I have been to Hades'nback with my eye which is very painful does not see anything anymore. I understand the local health authority wants to suspend him from all his public operating lists. I can only hope that, in the interests of humanity and public safety they have the courage to do so!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

July 2014 I attended the emergency department of the JHH with a deep orbital trauma, optic neuropathy and medial muscle entrapment from a tree branch through my left eye socket. During this traumatic time, Dr Hollenbach has performed multiple surgeries to save my eye and was successful in doing so, even with the inevitable risk of infection. He identified Cataracts and Glaucoma and immediately treated these progressively and accordingly. My situation didn't look positive, but he never gave up nor gave me false information. Although he may not always run on time (I haven't met a specialist who does run on time) and seem curt to some, he has always treated me kindly, respectfully and with the utmost professionalism of any doctor, I have encountered. Spending almost 3 1/2 years under his care, today, I owe my sight to Dr Hollenbach and his foresight, his wealth of experience and knowledge and was grateful he was on call the day of my accident. When you are in a situation of urgentency and are terrified of the outcomes you require professionalism, experience and someone willing to do all they can to help you, I cannot speak more highly of Dr Hollenbach for my situation. And again, my family and I thank him for his consistent efforts.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Did you know the medical board has placed restrictions on him?

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Iv had some things done in the Preface cosmetic, I have been let down and can now see he was often dishonest, doesn't take responsibility for his own errors, which are expected.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

There are now so many cases against this doctor at Muswellbrook and Kurri Kurri Hospital that the locals are considering a class action against the administrators of the public hospitals. The public eye department consists of Dr Hollenbach and some very dubiously qualified overseas doctors, some of whom are very old. It is time something is done about a disgraceful situation that has been going on for many years!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I appreciate and I thank God for Dr Hollenbach I was blind but because he was willing to take the risk to save my sight I am now able to see I am truly grateful more than words can say what Dr Hollenback has done I can not thank him enough his compassion and on going care he gives it means everything to me

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Health care complaints commission link for gross incompetence. BAD. http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registers-of-Practitioners.aspx?q=MED0001171865&t=BosefjMCKeWSiNChmBLy

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

This man has been investigated by the Health Care Complaints Commission and been found to warrant possible criminal charges due to his gross incompetence. He destroyed my elderly father's sight to the point that we begged him to lodge a complaint with the HCCC. The outcome of the investigation concludes he's a danger to the public and has just had conditions placed upon his practising medicine. He is to be supervised at all times and there will be more conditions placed upon him in the coming months: http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registers-of-Practitioners.aspx?q=MED0001171865&t=BosefjMCKeWSiNChmBLy

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Is this guy even an opthal?...i dont think so. never trust someone like this with something as important as your sight. what a joke. How did he qualify? Can someone check his history and determine is hes still licensed to be practicing?..

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I visted Dr Hollenbach's so called "Preface Cosmetic Clinic" in Newcastle, for a consultation on minor acne scarring on my cheeks only. Honestly all he wanted was money, he wanted to do a year long treatment of unnecessary laser and other facial treatments (im only 23 years old). Warning: he is not a dermatologist. Unhappy with his recommendations, I then went to Sydney to a Macquarie St Cosmetic Dermatologist, which in one laser treatment fixed my skin concerns and now it is perfect. Dont waste your money or time with this doctor. Go and get another opinion before you go through with treatment.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016