Ratings for Dr. Eugene Hollenbach

There are now so many cases against this doctor at Muswellbrook and Kurri Kurri Hospital that the locals are considering a class action against the administrators of the public hospitals. The public eye department consists of Dr Hollenbach and some very dubiously qualified overseas doctors, some of whom are very old. It is time something is done about a disgraceful situation that has been going on for many years!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I appreciate and I thank God for Dr Hollenbach I was blind but because he was willing to take the risk to save my sight I am now able to see I am truly grateful more than words can say what Dr Hollenback has done I can not thank him enough his compassion and on going care he gives it means everything to me

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Health care complaints commission link for gross incompetence. BAD. http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registers-of-Practitioners.aspx?q=MED0001171865&t=BosefjMCKeWSiNChmBLy

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

This man has been investigated by the Health Care Complaints Commission and been found to warrant possible criminal charges due to his gross incompetence. He destroyed my elderly father's sight to the point that we begged him to lodge a complaint with the HCCC. The outcome of the investigation concludes he's a danger to the public and has just had conditions placed upon his practising medicine. He is to be supervised at all times and there will be more conditions placed upon him in the coming months: http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registers-of-Practitioners.aspx?q=MED0001171865&t=BosefjMCKeWSiNChmBLy

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Is this guy even an opthal?...i dont think so. never trust someone like this with something as important as your sight. what a joke. How did he qualify? Can someone check his history and determine is hes still licensed to be practicing?..

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I visted Dr Hollenbach's so called "Preface Cosmetic Clinic" in Newcastle, for a consultation on minor acne scarring on my cheeks only. Honestly all he wanted was money, he wanted to do a year long treatment of unnecessary laser and other facial treatments (im only 23 years old). Warning: he is not a dermatologist. Unhappy with his recommendations, I then went to Sydney to a Macquarie St Cosmetic Dermatologist, which in one laser treatment fixed my skin concerns and now it is perfect. Dont waste your money or time with this doctor. Go and get another opinion before you go through with treatment.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Hollenbach has just removed my cataracts and inserted lenses under very difficult circumstances with an incredible outcome. I found him to be a very professional and honorable surgeon. I felt that he went above and beyond in my treatment. Dr. Hollenbach spent two weeks this month in Burma doing the Fred Hollows thing in aiding underprivileged people in this country. ( That is two weeks at his expense and no income - He can't be too bad!). I had been having Macular injections with another Opthalmic Surgeon every two months over the past couple of years but always suspected that this might not be necessary. Dr. Hollenbach has suspended the injections and has me on a three month watch program with no losses seen at this stage, Having worn spectacles for 66 years, I have visited many Opthalmic Surgeons and have never seen the level of optical testing equipment that he has in his rooms, in any other practice. I look forward to Dr. Hollenbach doing the cataracts in my other eye in the near future. Sure there are long periods in his waiting rooms - This is generally caused by many patients - Many patients usually point to a respected surgeon! Dr. Hollenbach may seem rude - I put it down to just how busy he is - Always on the hop! Actually he has quite a sense of humour! Rc B.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Do not see this doctor. He has a record of poor outcomes on the simplest of procedures. He injured the irises of both my grandmother's eyes when removing her cataract and blamed the equipment and local staff. He was always rude, late and uncaring of the patient throughout the procedure. Since then we have found out he has a history of bad outcomes throughout Newcastle and the Hunter. No surprise his Newcastle practice closed down. Please share this so others are know in advance not to go to this arrogant man who clearly has no care for the well being of his patients. Only for the money for himself. Disgusted.

Submitted December 23, 2015

This doctor blinded my mother in one eye after two attempts at surgery for macular degeneration. Other eye doctors shudder at the mention of his name. Avoid him at all costs.

Submitted October 15, 2015

after thread lift my face looked worse. He was always late & did not explain things at all. No comunication with staff. I had a cosmetic procedure and looked worse afterwards. He was always hours late, had no idea of what we had discussed last appointment & doesn't keep notes. Also theres no communication with staff.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015