Ratings for Dr. Vasant Ramlaggan

I visited this clinic about a month ago and was told I would need 3 visits and over $1,100 in services. I then sought a second opinion because I felt that the clinic was overcharging and was not transparent about its practices and pricing - my insurance company didn't cover a significant portion of the fees because they were above standard rates. At the second clinic I visited, I was able to get everything I needed done for under $700, and in a single visit. Everything was reimbursed by my insurance provider.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I recently had an appointment at Dr. Ramlaggan's office and it started 20 minutes late. The doctor did not provide clear answers to my questions and instructed me to schedule a follow-up appointment. Finally, the receptionist insisted on scheduling separate follow-up appointments for things that could have been addressed together (some of which were supposed to have been covered during that visit). It felt like a money grab. I'm glad I decided to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

He was very very late for our appointment- but didn't apologize and acted like it was normal. He then told me I needed all of my wisdom teeth out. After reading reviews I got a second opinion. My new dentist informed me he expects all of my wisdom teeth to come in fine. GET A SECOND OPPINION.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I honestly don't know how his staff tolerate the way this dentist speaks to them. It made me feel very uncomfortable listening to the Dr. belittle his hygienist. I was embarrassed for her. I would think constructive criticism is best said in private, away from the patient. I've gone to several dentists over the years and I've never heard anyone talk to his/her staff the way this dentist does. The other staff were friendly and nice. The hygienist was very good but I have not returned.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Got zoom whitening from this dental office - did not get warned about the pain. When asked about pain associated with the procedure - the dental hygienist told me it was very painful but when I asked the dentist (Dr. R) he said mostly it's a painless procedure and I should be fine. Not so. I had excrushiating "zings" for 12 hours after the procedure. Pain killers did not work and I honestly wanted to kill myself to stop the pain. I should have done my research. Also most of the hygenists do not know what they're doing and are constantly being corrected by Dr.R. It makes you extremely nervous that someone who does not know what they're doing is working on your mouth. With zoom whitening I wasn't sure if I should go along with the procedure the day of and wanted to speak to the hygienist about it. The hygenist got all puffy and upset and I was in the chair so I felt pressured. "Are you going to do this or not?" Regardless she burned my gums during the procedure so badly that on both sides I have extreme gum recession and sensitivity now. Do not get zoom especially from there. I did not get told about aftercare until I was already in the chair! I now have dental anxiety. Dr. R used to be rude to his staff but now has corrected how he speaks to them when correcting them or fixing their mistakes. I feel safe when Dr. R is in the room because he recognizes where his staff go wrong and helps the patient. He is knowledgable and great a great dental surgeon. There is a receptionist (speaks like a valley girl) who is extremely rude. I asked her a question twice because I did not hear her and her response was "Did I not just tell you that?" It made me feel extremely devalued. I will be looking for a new dentist. Please do your research!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Ramlaggan and his team are great! I enjoy the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere every time I visit. They seem very knowledgable and passionate about what they do. There were a few years I didn't go see the dentist (lack of insurance coverage) so I had some catching up to do but now that I'm in the groove of things, my smile is healthy and squeaky clean. Will be continuing to go and look forward to my next visit :)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

If you value your Money and time, please look for another doctor. As all the reviews have already stated that all midtown dental cares about is making money. They ll tell you tonnes of things that other dental clinics would not recommend. Please take opinions from 2 or 3 dentists before going to midtown dental, you'll know before hand everything. I would not recommend. sorry.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Ramlaggan at Midtown Dental for about ten years. Dr. Ramlaggan is the best dentist I've ever had. Dr. Ramlaggan and his staff go out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Personalized music in the rooms, TV's, great magazines, calming waterfalls, polite and caring staff, super clean offices/dental rooms, very modern offices along with always investing in the latest technology. I've had the following services at Midtown Dental: Cleanings, X-rays, fillings, pallet expander, invisalign, Kor whitening, retainers, night guard and sleep appliance. I look forward to my visits at Midtown Dental with Dr. Ramlaggan and his staff. Its a pleasure to be his patient and look forward to another ten years with Midtown Dental.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

I have always enjoyed my time as a patient there. The staff are frie3ndly.I live in the UK now, but I still make sure to visit whenever I am back in TO.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

You will most likely have to go to several visits before even getting your teeth cleaned, you will also probably be pressured to buy stuff like bacterial count analysis, special washes, invisalign braces, anti-snoring mouth guards, expensive tooth brushes, special mouth washes... the list goes on and on. The dentist seems to know his stuff but needs to work on his lacking people skills.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012