Ratings for Dr. Vasant Ramlaggan

This dentist only cares about making money off of you. Because of this dentist, I have spent thousands of dollars and years in pain trying to repair the damage he did to my teeth. He talked me in to removing all my silver filings, because the said that mercury was leaching into my system from then, and to replace them with white fillings. In doing so, he drilled them out so deep that he damaged the roots, meaning I then had to have a root canal on each one. A couple I needed a second root canal on because he didn't get all the root the first time, despite me telling him that I could still feel it. And yes, he charged me for the additional root canals even though they weren't done in the first place. Then each tooth with a root canal became brittle and broke, therefore requiring crowns, which are very expensive and not covered by my benefits. When I finally had enough and went to a new dentist, I was told that in looking at my old xrays, there was no reason that Ramlaggan needed to dig so deep to remove the silver fillings. So I have spent years in pain and spent all that money for nothing. Now a decade later, I am still having issues. I now have had 3 teeth removed because the root canal teeth have failed & fractured and cannot be saved. Which means I now have to get implants costing over $10,000. If I could, I would go back and sue him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Probably the worst experience I have had with any health care provider. Dr. Ramlaggan has serious interpersonal issues. He can be pushy, condescending and rude. I did not feel as though he listened to or understood my concerns. I felt like it was a money grab and that I was treated like a business opportunity, not a patient. I ended up with a bill of ~$1.5-$2k, in the fix six months, which was equivalent to what my previous Dentist had charged in the last five years. I do not know how his staff tolerates his attitude. I will be returning to my previous Dentist, even though this is highly inconvenient for me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

I visited this clinic about a month ago and was told I would need 3 visits and over $1,100 in services. I then sought a second opinion because I felt that the clinic was overcharging and was not transparent about its practices and pricing - my insurance company didn't cover a significant portion of the fees because they were above standard rates. At the second clinic I visited, I was able to get everything I needed done for under $700, and in a single visit. Everything was reimbursed by my insurance provider.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I recently had an appointment at Dr. Ramlaggan's office and it started 20 minutes late. The doctor did not provide clear answers to my questions and instructed me to schedule a follow-up appointment. Finally, the receptionist insisted on scheduling separate follow-up appointments for things that could have been addressed together (some of which were supposed to have been covered during that visit). It felt like a money grab. I'm glad I decided to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

He was very very late for our appointment- but didn't apologize and acted like it was normal. He then told me I needed all of my wisdom teeth out. After reading reviews I got a second opinion. My new dentist informed me he expects all of my wisdom teeth to come in fine. GET A SECOND OPPINION.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I honestly don't know how his staff tolerate the way this dentist speaks to them. It made me feel very uncomfortable listening to the Dr. belittle his hygienist. I was embarrassed for her. I would think constructive criticism is best said in private, away from the patient. I've gone to several dentists over the years and I've never heard anyone talk to his/her staff the way this dentist does. The other staff were friendly and nice. The hygienist was very good but I have not returned.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Got zoom whitening from this dental office - did not get warned about the pain. When asked about pain associated with the procedure - the dental hygienist told me it was very painful but when I asked the dentist (Dr. R) he said mostly it's a painless procedure and I should be fine. Not so. I had excrushiating "zings" for 12 hours after the procedure. Pain killers did not work and I honestly wanted to kill myself to stop the pain. I should have done my research. Also most of the hygenists do not know what they're doing and are constantly being corrected by Dr.R. It makes you extremely nervous that someone who does not know what they're doing is working on your mouth. With zoom whitening I wasn't sure if I should go along with the procedure the day of and wanted to speak to the hygienist about it. The hygenist got all puffy and upset and I was in the chair so I felt pressured. "Are you going to do this or not?" Regardless she burned my gums during the procedure so badly that on both sides I have extreme gum recession and sensitivity now. Do not get zoom especially from there. I did not get told about aftercare until I was already in the chair! I now have dental anxiety. Dr. R used to be rude to his staff but now has corrected how he speaks to them when correcting them or fixing their mistakes. I feel safe when Dr. R is in the room because he recognizes where his staff go wrong and helps the patient. He is knowledgable and great a great dental surgeon. There is a receptionist (speaks like a valley girl) who is extremely rude. I asked her a question twice because I did not hear her and her response was "Did I not just tell you that?" It made me feel extremely devalued. I will be looking for a new dentist. Please do your research!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Ramlaggan and his team are great! I enjoy the cleanliness and welcoming atmosphere every time I visit. They seem very knowledgable and passionate about what they do. There were a few years I didn't go see the dentist (lack of insurance coverage) so I had some catching up to do but now that I'm in the groove of things, my smile is healthy and squeaky clean. Will be continuing to go and look forward to my next visit :)

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

If you value your Money and time, please look for another doctor. As all the reviews have already stated that all midtown dental cares about is making money. They ll tell you tonnes of things that other dental clinics would not recommend. Please take opinions from 2 or 3 dentists before going to midtown dental, you'll know before hand everything. I would not recommend. sorry.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Ramlaggan at Midtown Dental for about ten years. Dr. Ramlaggan is the best dentist I've ever had. Dr. Ramlaggan and his staff go out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Personalized music in the rooms, TV's, great magazines, calming waterfalls, polite and caring staff, super clean offices/dental rooms, very modern offices along with always investing in the latest technology. I've had the following services at Midtown Dental: Cleanings, X-rays, fillings, pallet expander, invisalign, Kor whitening, retainers, night guard and sleep appliance. I look forward to my visits at Midtown Dental with Dr. Ramlaggan and his staff. Its a pleasure to be his patient and look forward to another ten years with Midtown Dental.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013