Ratings for Dr. Derek Rasmussen

Dr.Rasmussen has been my Dr since I became pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago. He's always on top of my tests and looks at everything from E.R visits to visits with other Dr's while he is unavailable and goes over it with me. I recommended him to my sister who started seeing him during her pregnancy and she's still seeing him now almost 3 years later. The only thing I wish was different was that he would have delivered my baby and my sister feels the same but in Taber you get whoever is on call. Great Dr. who I plan on seeing for a long time, we moved and still travel back just to have him as our Dr.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I needed a family doctor when I got pregnant with my first child, he was new in town and taking patients. When my water broke at 25 weeks and the clinic staff didn't seem too worried he jumped into action. He got me in to see him right away and what he didn't know he phoned specialists to get help. By the time I got to the Calgary hospital he had personally arranged my doctors and filled them in on my file having already spent hours with me that day. The first doctor I ever felt truly cared, not just doing his job. I admire his ability to admit he doesn't know everything and go to others to give the best care possible.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

No problems so far. Will continue seeing him at clinic.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Had a terrible experience with this doctor, dumb, rude and uncaring. Will not return.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I have had Dr. R since moving from Calgary and every time I have gone to see him, whether it be due to a condition or just having some questions, I have always left feeling better or more knowledgable. He is always friendly and polite and is sure to answer any questions I may have. When he is unsure of what is causing a patient to feel unwell, he tries his best to get to the bottom of it and is good to follow up after testing, ect. He is my family doctor and after bringing friends along to appointments he has gotten many new clients due to their first, great impression of him. No complaints!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

He is a great Dr. I even called him while he was at work and he took the time to talk with me and visit with me. He knows his stuff and is willing to listen to what you have to say. I would recommend him to anyone! He will be my Dr. for a long time!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Super friendly guy. Very patient and caring. Love that he is a family guy. He knows medicine extreamly well, I would put my life, and the life of my children in his hands any day.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

very poor patient care knows not much about patient and does not read reports that come in unless asked by the patient

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I went to him because he was taking new patients. I've been to see him twice. Both times, he's been a bit of an idiot. The first time, he asked me if I'd looked up what I was there for on Google and what did I find, and the second (and last!) time, he said, "Well, did you want me to run some blood work?" Uh -- he's the doctor. And then he just threw some drugs at me. I hate pills. I know my body well enough to know when something is going wrong, and he blew me off. I go to the doctor about once a year, if that, so when I am concerned about something, I'm not joking around. I won't go back to him. He's nice enough, he just doesn't inspire any confidence.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I am very pleased with Dr. Rassmusen. He really cares about his patients. I saw him in the Er a month ago, after having a seizure, and he sent me for a CT scan. The CT scan showed I have a brain tumor. He has kept things moving, and I already have an appointment with a nerosergen in Calgary. He has been very helpful, and calming. Anything he does not know he checks into and gets back to you ASAP. I am so thankful he is my doctor. I give him 5 out of 5.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011