Dr. WILLIAM J. Hwang

Ratings for Dr. WILLIAM J. Hwang

He orders tens of thousands of dollars worth of unnecessary tests. Rapes your insurance and diagnoses you with bogus illnesses and diseases. Prescribes you strong medications for said bogus conditions. Which can leave out of sorts and put you in unsafe situations. Did I mention that you can expect to spend hours waiting in their office, waiting to be seen. And forget getting paperwork from them or faxed to anyone else, that's next to impossible. Worst Dr experience EVER!!! He's one malpractice lawsuit away from losing everything.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

He does a million tests, makes his staff give results, will prescribe meds without explanation

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

This doctor is the most unprofessional medical professional I have ever known. It took the staff 4 months to get all my test lined up. Then when I wanted to get my results I had call up there every other day for 2 months to get them to return my phone calls. I was then diagnosed with a serious life long condition from the assistant on the phone the day before my appointment to get the official diagnoses, which freeked me out and serious results like that should be done by the doctor. Then the next day at the appointment my husband and myself were perfectly nice and asked him some questions about my condition and from the very first question he said,"I don't know, I am not GOD" in a loud demeaning voice. By the third question he got up and said to me I need a need doctor. I went to talk to him and he fussed at me in front of 30 doctors and medical staff and I cried it was so embarrassing. I was so shocked a doctor could act like that. I had put up with him and his staff putting me off and not doing their job and now they are dragging their feet while I am trying to get my records to give to my new doctor. If I new how this doctor would be I would of never gone to see him. I would not recommend anyone go to see him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

The first visit was 4 hours and all dr did was order 9 procedures and inject litocaine in my spine which made me much worse. Then he wanted me to sign pain management contract whichl I did. He took 2 days to fax the RX. Gave me a drug test. When I had to help the nurse with my RX classifications I became concerned. She didnt know Tylenol 4 was an opiate, xanax is a benzodiazapine...many more. When my drug test results came in they misread it and told me I was positive for an opiate that im highly allergic to. When I tried to tell them they were wrong and needed my RX refilled he made me come in pay for visit then referred me to detox because I didnt follow his directions. When I tried to get my records I got the run around for 2 months. They made me pay 25$ and half of my records were not there. Turns out when I badgered them i got some more of the records. They blatently lied saying the released me as a patient because I refused togoto rheumatologist he referred who dont take my ins!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Office staff is rude and will tell you they will call you back but, they don't. This is the absolute worst office staff ever! Unprofessional! You can't call and ask a question they blow you off! Dr. Hwang needs to read these reviews. I have severe nerve and muscle damage and suffer with a lot of pain. I called his office for a refill when I just saw him the week before. Forget it. I don't appreciate being treated so bad especially in terrible pain. ! I haven't had problems with Dr. Hwang as far as I know. I have done everything he has asked me to do. He helped me when I first came to see him. He gave me a lot of shots and it really helped. Last visit I really didn't get my questions answered. I left very puzzled, In general I like Dr. Hwang. He is the first Dr. to figure our what was wrong with me. Please help. Dr. Hwang don't let your office staff treat your patients so bad.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Doctor did not address any of the reasons I was referred, hurt me multiple times, told me I needed a spinal cord stimulator (I am curious how much kick back he gets for each), refused to do the testing the referring doctor requested and was rude to the patient. He offered to discharge me as a patient (first time seeing him), TOO LATE! YOU'RE FIRED! I did not seek treatment for migraines or pain as I have doctors managing those who I like! I also did not ask advice on what other specialty to add to my lovely list of consultants! Don't waste your time! See someone who is educated and not hooked at the gill by medtronics!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr. William Hwang is a joke. I was referred to him, he diagnosed me with nerve damage, and then referred me somewhere else. When the other place could not take more patients, I called his office and got the runaround for two months. His office called me first of 2014, and told me what I had told them about his referral clinic not taking patients. Really? The I was told he could see me 2/10/14-- all the while I have been in pain. Could he prescribe me something for the interim? No, he has to see me. They got me in the other day. I have no insurance now, and he prescribed Lyrica, which costs over $400. He also referred me to other doctors. No thanks... if you complain about the wait time, or anything, he apparently calls the hospital campus cops on you. Terrible. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I just read the reviews of dr.hwang. They are all so very negative. I just came from his office (my first visit and last ). He is a very rude Dr. and not helpful, or listening to you at all. I don't see how he keeps any patients at all. I guess he does not care though.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Hwang by a Doctor I trust. I can't believe he has any idea what goes on in that ofc. The ofc staff is rude and unfriendly. Dr. Hwang's bedside manner is -0. I have never met a person as arrogant. If you ask him anything about your condition he goes south and told me that he could recommend someone else for me to see. I thought it was just me having an off day since it was my 1st visit. He instructed me to see 5 different doctors, phy therpy, neurosurgeon, oncologist, vascular, sleep study, mri, ct scan and 1 of them had a bedside manner of 4. I had to go thru emer. for my sciatic nerve and was told to follow upo w/my doctor. I made an appt w/Dr. Hwang that took 10 days. He was rude, told me that I didn't need to see him anymore and referred me to 5 more doctor. Why would I want to see anyone he referred me to when we terminated the patient-phys relationship. God is good...it only took 3 visits. I feel sorry for his patients. You can get abuse anywhere for free.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

SO NOT recommended. Hwang has ZERO bedside manner and a unfriendly disgruntled unprofessional rude staff. I have seen him for 4-5 office visits and 4 lower back injection procedures over the last 4 years. I'll never step foot in his office again. He is easily the rudest, most unprofessional Doctor I've ever seen. He doesn't communicate directly so you are forced to deal with his horrible staff. I'd rather be in pain that deal with any of them again. 0 on a scale of 1-10.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

Dr. WILLIAM J. Hwang's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1990)