Ratings for Dr. Rodrigo Neira

I had a breast augmentation in 2012, And I could not be happier with my results still after 6 years! I would highly recommend him! They still look new, had no complications. He was very informative and always in a happy mood. He made me more confident in my own body. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

did an excellent job removing a tumor from my ear and skin graft over the hole. I appreciate his work very much and staff was nothing but polite and helpfuul

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

I had top surgery 2 years ago. I still get upset thinking about the lack of pre op and post op care. After my surgery he informed me that he would be gone for the next two weeks and to just go to an ER to have my drains removed. I didn't have a follow up with him until 2-3 months after when I was back from university. There was no follow up with his receptionist Misty, terrible people skills. Results of the surgery are OK, but not to the standard I would expect from a "highly accomplished" surgeon. I regret it and wish I hadn't had top surgery. That's how bad this experience with Neira was.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

If anyone is getting their top surgery through Dr. Neira please do yourself a favor: Get all of the details the Secretary for his office gives you in writing from her (an email, snail mail, doesn't matter). She made a massive mistake when booking my surgery (which was scheduled for today) and instead of apologizing she will yell at you and hold your transition over your head as well as be verbally aggressive, and try to gas light you. On August 15th I had called Dr. Neiras office to see the status of my wait time. I had already waited 4 years and was moved from a list with a surgeon in medicine hat to red deer and was told about that AFTER the switch. The secretary had no note of me so she called me back a few days later very apologetic saying the office in medicine hat was not honest about sending my referral over . She told me that she put my name on the short waiting list and the next cancellation they get for surgery will go to me. The next day, she called me back saying they had a surgery date that became available for September 5th. I was pretty thrilled. I got there today and the secretary was adament that she NEVER called me back after the 15th with any info and that we never ever spoke about a surgery. I just stared and said that's just not true at all and I wouldn't have driven all the way down here to an address she gave me to see a surgeon who works at said address. She continued to say that she never said anything and did so with much aggression. I told her that this was crazy and to please have some accountability if she just made a simple mistake. She refused and told me I'll be taken off the list all together so that "I get zero surgery. Take it or leave it". I'll be contacting Dr. Marshall about that first thing tomorrow. I'm sure Dr. Neira himself is great but because of the secretary's extreme unprofessional behavior, lack of accountability, and over all attacking stance I won't know . I've been on the waiting list for 4 years and she has basically used her power to put it to a stand still because she didn't want to admit she messed up. Sorry for the long post 😔 I'm devastated and don't know what to do from here....my heart was so thrilled and excited for this to finally happen and it was just ripped away from me.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Worst breast reduction. Husband hates them and won’t touch them. So embarrassing. Horrible and uneven nipple placement. No symetrical. Sloppy shape. Did not get what I requested. Cannot stand to see myself naked. How can I trust him to fix them if this is as good as he gives. Hard to understand.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

Worst ever. Impossible to really understand. No post surgery care or follow up.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

I had a tummy tuck performed by Dr. Neira and the incision has healed nicely but I would not recommend him to anyone because he is just not there for you and his office is impossible to contact. I had a complication a few weeks after surgery and was not able to get a hold of his office at all, I went into the ER and the hospital could not even get a hold of him so another plastic surgeon fixed me and I never even got a call from him or his assistant the next day to follow up. I truly feel that after paying him, that was it, he no longer cares about my recovery. Good surgeon as my incision is very thin but a poor Doctor, do not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

I recently had surgery by Dr. Neira and am very satisfied. His bedside manner is so compassionate and caring, he rubbed my arm the entire time the anaesthetist was putting me under. Although he is difficult to understand at times, he is a very accomplished surgeon and does excellent work. I had a post-op complication, which was no fault of his, and he dealt with it swiftly (I had to return to the OR). My followup appointment was good and I am very happy with the results. I also see him from another perspective (I'm a nurse) and have always been impressed with his bedside manner with his patients.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I did have chest surgery with Dr Neira and he did such amazing job, beyond all my expectations, outstanding bed side manner, delivering greatest support and compassion during my entire journal of my surgery. He is the best doctor I have ever seen , his staff Misty is incredible and suportive every time i need him. He is very professional and put me easy . I did have one of my best experience in my life .Thanks Dr Neira

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

He's a joke Talk down to me and made me feel like shit about my weight even though I lose 20 pounds before surgery. The people who work at his office are rude. I wish I never had surgery with him. He ruined my chest and now I'm having horrible pain under my arm pits and chest. He should stop being an surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018