Ratings for Dr. Willem De Vynck

(DR WILLEM DE VYNCK) charged a 10 years old Canadian out of province for (Amount Due: $432.45) for ~5 minutes visit in ER. Which he never communicated during the visit. I am really disappointed on his communication skill and his professionalism.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Such a great ER doctor. My son has a chronic condition and sees many doctors, this doctor was excellent all around.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I arrived with my mom on the morning of July 24th at Langley Memorial hospital. My mom had a broken ankle and arrived via ambulance. I was with my mom when Dr. De Vynk said that he wouldn't prescribe the medicine my mom was on to anyone over 65. My mom told him clear as day not to take thus medicine away that she has been on it for years and would have to be weened from it and again to not do it. Without questioning my moms medical history or calling her family doctor he stopped the meds. My mom had never had a seizure in her life, but suffered a total of 5 and quite possibly a stroke. She went through three weeks of torture as did we her daughters. She prayed for two weeks to die, she was in such agony. I should mention my mom is 75 years old. She was an independent woman befits encountering this doctor but that has now changed. She has now been in the hospital for over five weeks. Disgusting.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

My mom was admitted to Langley emerg with broken leg. Dr De Vynck decided in his infinate wisdom to not give my mom medications she has been taking for 30 years. Felt that she shouldnt be on certain kinds. SHe TOLD him to not just STOP the meds that she would go through withdrawl.2 days later she had 4 seizures and ended up in CCU. Took her 3 weeks to get back to somewhat normal after being out back on her medication that has been prescribed by her family GP who practices in a different city so not allowed to intervene. Dr De Vynck caused my mom great harm by "playing God" and being very judemental to a woman who has suffered great depression for many many years. Caused our family great distress and my mom is still in the hospital after being admitted July 24 for what should have been basic broken leg setting. Instead she almost died.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

All in all the birth of my son was fine. If there had been complications I feel he would have been fine. But, his bed side manner sucks, straight up. Didn't like seeing him and wouldn't recommend him to anyone who values a doctor you can talk with.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

I saw this doctor at the Emergency walk ins. He was helpful, considerate and willing to discuss issues with patients. Definitely knowledgeable, tactful,professional, a personable doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

was told by family doctor to go to the hospital for iv antibotics and saw Dr.De Vynck that it was not needed, why would family doctor say it is. I have a allergy to insect bites. I found Dr. Devynck very rude and awful bedside manner.Would not recommend him to anyone at all.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010