Ratings for Dr. Eric Buete

I saw Dr. Buete after waking up the day before with a numb area on one of my legs. Then progressed to immeasurable back pain ending up walking in circles from the pain all night unable to sit or lay down pain was so intense! Saw Dr. Buete next morning. He listened and examined and since I could bend forward some said I didn't need x-rays and "let pain be my guide" with everything else. I DID ... I had pain “guide” me to the Doctor! And I don't normally have random complete numbness! I was given a mild muscle relaxer and prescription strength ibuprofen. I saw another Doctor 48 hours later. And presented exact same systems and information to second Doctor. X-rays were ordered right way revealing discs out of alignment and an MRI was ordered. MRI showed a disc out of alignment compressing spinal canal and a ruptured disc pressing on sciatic nerve. Thus, the immense intense pain and area of complete numbness. I went through physical therapy to address immediate physical issues and address future ways to protect and strengthen my spine and surrounding muscular structure to avoid additional damage and possible surgery. And am now monitored by an Orthopedic Spinal Surgery. Nothing changed in the 48 hours between seeing Dr. Buete and the second doctor. He just totally MISDIAGNOSED. If I had just gone with his advice I could have further damaged my spine potentially leading to surgery!! Simple x-rays would have revealed so much but Dr. Buete wasn’t inclined to even investigate further, just prescribed standard “band-aide” medications and was done.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Seemed all right, but prescribed a drug that I found out has been written about by a UK journalist because of its adverse effects. I developed an allergy and rash.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Eric Buete's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1994)