Ratings for Dr. Dan Di Giacomo

I've been seeing him monthly, he's helped me so much! I've been through many different meds before seeing him and he always pointed out that he prefers his patients to minimize the amount of different medications. We've been doing cognitive therapy, which is restructuring my outlook on life and helping my anxiety.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Awful psychiatrist, intent on diagnosing things that don't exist, refuses to help in reducing medication and instead persists in sedating through heavy anti-psychotics with no place or reason. Prescribed medication for something I insisted is not an issue in my life that could have caused serious harm. Avoid.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Worst psychiatrist I have come across. Does not care for his patients what so ever. Prescribed medication and then refuses follow up. Absolutely useless

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Very gentle, non judgemental Doctor. He actually listens to your worries and thoughts that others could just laugh and ignore. Just wish that appointments could be more friquent.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

It took me quite awhile to get an appointment with the doctor and when I did my appt was brief. It also took a long time between appts although I was assured once we got going in the process, appts would be more frequent: this never happened. . My appts were never more than 30 minutes and no progress was made. I found him to be patronizing and cold. He told me that if his form of therapy wasn't suitable for me, he would recommend another physician. When I decided not to continue with Dr. Di Giacomo, I tried many, many, many times, to speak to him about a referral. He never called me back. I waited 6 months to see this doctor and it was a waste of 6 months.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

The best psychiatrist in Ontario dealing with concurrent disorders. Usually addiction and anxiety or depression. Saved my life. Very cooperative and helpful and very caring. Cannot recommend him enough....

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

This Psychiatrist saw me for months. He had a chip on his shoulder from day 1. First day he said to me "I'm not signing forms so you can get free money" (referring to ODSP) he diagnosed me as a "nervous fella" prescribed me Risperidal for which I got gynecomastia, had to have plastic surgery and I am now in a class action lawsuit with the drug company. This man has issues, personal issues that seriously affect his work. If you need real help, ask specifically for another doctor. I have now been clean and sober for over 5 years AFTER I decided to stop seeing this individual who calls himself a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

I will always be extremely grateful to this doctor who helped me recover from my addiction and depression. Very detail oriented and very helpful with suggestions step by step in my recovery.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

This so called Psychiatrist made myself feel uncomfortable with his ludicrous questions which did not pertain to HELP that I was seeking. Be VERY weary about hist approach in regards to ACCURATELY Diagnosing yourself.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Always seemed like he was fumbling about when trying to find a diagnosis or selecting a treatment. Dropped him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013