You may also like

Ratings for Dr. A. Willamowicz

I met with Dr. Williamowicz as my doctor referred me to her as my hormone levels were out of whack. Im a young female in my late 20's and she told me I have pcos. She delivered the news about this frightening disorder (to me as there are many awful side affects and the potential for infertility) as if it was a business deal. I felt little compassion from her. I understand she's a doctor and it's her job but she could visually see that I was in tears. I kept asking questions as I didn't understand what it meant, what causes it, what to do next, or how this will fully impact my life. I felt as if she was almost irritated with me for being confused she kept saying "I thought I just explained that" I felt guilty and stupid for repeating myself out of shock. She then handed me a small pamphlet with websites where I can educate myself. I will not be back to see her. I will find a new doctor

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. W for 15 years and have found her to be unfailingly cheerful and very knowledgeable. She has stabilized my thyroid problem and my osteoporosis and has monitored my blood glucose to keep me from diabetes. She always give me requisitions for bone density tests and bloodwork when I leave the office and it is my responsibility to get these done before my next appointment. Her receptionist Cindy is efficient and pleasant to deal with. If any of you have problems with her or the doctor, I suggest you look in the mirror before blaming them.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Absolutely pleasant environment. Dr.Willamowicz takes time to address all your concerns and is very detailed when she explains things to you. She never makes you feel rushed or that she doesn't care about your concerns. I trust her completely with my health care needs. She is just wonderful and I wish all doctors were as compassionate as she is.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I saw Dr. Williamowicz for the first time on Sept. 25,2014 for issues of menopause, thyroid, etc. To be perfectly honest, I was blown away at how professional and knowledgeable this woman and specialist is. She listened to all my concerns respectfully and offered so much good information. I find that most doctors treat only the symptoms instead of going to the root and with menopause, it is complicated and affects our whole body systems. She truly understands!I was so lucky to be referred to this wonderful specialist and she is going to follow up with me with bloodwork and another appointment instead of just referring me back to my family physician. Fantastic! As for Cindy, she is a honey! She's been doing her job for a long time and is a pro at what she does and she looks after Dr. Williamowicz in the way she runs the office and that's what's important. I read an earlier comment about how small the office is. Yes, it is small but when you find a good doctor as great as this one - who cares! I've been to fancy offices where the specialist doesn't even listen to what you are saying or look at you while you're speaking. Doctor Williamowicz gave me her full attention and gave me hope for the future and I thank her so much. God Bless you Dr. Williamowicz and Cindy!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Been with this doc for a few years now and it's been nothing but problems with both doc and her receptionist. Receptionist won't let you speak with doc unless blood work is done and even if your pleasant with her she is rude and arrogant with you. Doc won't take patients concerns or symptoms into account of diagnoses, just blood work. I'm done with her and her lousy office and going to find a doctor who cares and listens to their patient. Half the time you can't even get a hold of this doc either because they close the office either early (like noon) or don't open it until noon or even take extra days off during the week. When I was first diagnosed and sent to her she told me to look on the internet for info on my disease. That should have been a warning sign in itself. What kind of doctor doesn't explain what's happening to their patients?

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

I was seeing dr willamowitcz for fertility issues due to a Tumor in my pituitary gland. Before going I had researched different medications used on people with the same circumstances as myself and asked for a specific one. She said not and put me on one that had many side effects. I ended up fainting in the shower on day two and was very ill. When I wet back to see her she suggested I take the medication I had originally asked for. She always speaks with her eyes shut which was very odd but if it helps her do her job that's alright with me. Dr w was not the reason I left her practice- her receptionist was. When 6 years had passed with any success of getting pregnant, my husband and I decided to adopt from SA. I needed documents from the receptionist at dr w office on several occasions. When I would call she would bark at me to call back another day because she's too busy. After 5 years of her being snappy and rude I told dr w about how she was treating me and she was ok with that.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Being a 76-year-old man of average health, I have encountered many doctors. I have not been as satisfied with most of them as I have been with Dr. Willamowicz. Her reputation of being an outstanding endocrinologist, along with a friendly secretary, have made my travels from Etobicoke to Whitby all the more worthwhile! Dealing with her already many times, I am very happy with her effective treatment, caring and friendly manners.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Did absolutely nothing for me. Told me to come back in a few years and she will see. So while I wait I am getting worse. Going to find another doctor and would never ever go back to her. Total waste of my time and very disappointed that she did not seem to care or know what she was doing.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I'd heard good things about Dr Willamowicz from a few of her patients. However the staff (not all) in her office are very rude, not friendly and it's not like you have tones of room to get comfy in there. My family Dr was not content with her diagnosis and so referred me to another Dr (UHN) where I was correctly diagnosed after a similar biopsy. Something to be said about being told you don't have cancer and that you probably do have cancer. I'm glad I saw her but also glad I sought a 2nd opinion (thanks to my Family Dr).

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

Dr. A. Willamowicz's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I met with Dr. Williamowicz as my doctor referred me to her as my hormone levels were out of whack. Im a young female in my late 20's and she told me I have pco..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see her today for the first time and found her very pleasant. Her staff was very friendly and not a long wait time it was awesome."

September 24, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L1G0" to "L1J 2K1". Address has been updated from "None" to "300 King Street West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19057234330".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. W for 15 years and have found her to be unfailingly cheerful and very knowledgeable. She has stabilized my thyroid problem and my ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely pleasant environment. Dr.Willamowicz takes time to address all your concerns and is very detailed when she explains things to you. She never makes yo..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Williamowicz for the first time on Sept. 25,2014 for issues of menopause, thyroid, etc. To be perfectly honest, I was blown away at how professional ..."

September 27, 2014