Ratings for Dr. Philip M. Mahoney

I agree with the review above me. I saw him for a complicated back problem. He was convinced it was a herniated disk, as my symptoms were "classic" and very severe. I had nerve involvement, muscle atrophy, and used a cane at 24 years old. I had an MRI done which revealed, surprise surprise, no herniation. I was told EXACTLY what the person above me was: he didn't know what was causing my symptoms and I would likely be wheelchair bound by the time I was 30. No referrals. No nothing. Just "in about 5 years, you'll never walk again". I finished a half marathon 2 months ago, no thanks to this idiot.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

This doctor wants you to be on time, if you are late, he expresses that he is upset with you about this and everything starts off on the wrong foot (no matter your reason) – just letting you know. If you are on time, then it is fine. I have mixed feelings about this doctor. He himself seems knowledgeable and healthy, however, he does also seem to have a one track mind. When he believes that he knows the reason for which you are there, then he runs with that and explores nothing else. If he finds (as in my case) that the cause is not what he originally thought, he flat out tells you that he can do nothing else for you since it is not what he thought it was. Then he offers you no hope, nowhere else to go, does not refer you to anyone else, you leave wondering what to do next, and never hear from him again, other then to get the bill.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010