Ratings for Dr. Abdusalem Elalem

Amazing Doctor !!! Not sure why the bad comments here, I guess we all have bad days, but this doctor saved my life. I will highly recommend him. What if the staff is not the best, as long as the doctor that is going inside of you is outstanding, the rest does not matter,. Best of the best for this doctor !!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Saved my life-very nice and knows his stuff-without him I would have died

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I had a dr at the ugrent care refer me to him, i waited from march till september for an appointment that was rescheduled, then rescheduled another 3 times till i had a vacation set and right when i called to inform her i couldnt make it, the secretary said she was just about to call and cancel and reschedule again, i came back from my vacation and had another appointment set, which was also rescheduled. When i finally got in for my consultation and telling the dr i have had this issue for 5 years and its really bad and i have a many special occasions coming up in the summer made no difference to the secretary, i also informed her i would be resigning from my job for the surgery because of the healing time. She called me a week before the surgery to tell me its rescheduled. As i explained to her again my situation of waiting over a year for the surgery, she had the worst attitude and hung up on. The secretary is the worst part about that place and rescheduling is rediculous. No one should have an appointment rescheduled that many times and have that bad of customer service.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr. Elalem is truly a rock star in my opinion. I had hiatal hernia surgery and the whole process was exactly as the Dr. had discussed with me. There were no surprises. He told me I would be off my meds and although sceptical he was bang on...I am off the meds and feel absolutely wonderful. I have several friends who the good Dr. has helped and would not hesitate to recommend him. Thank you to both secretary Mary and Dr. Elalem.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Elalem is a superior surgeon who has first-rate knowledge in his field. He is kind, caring, compassionate and humble and has an amazing memory of my personal history from years ago. I was diagnosed with esophageal cancer two years ago, which has a very low survival rate, and he guided me through my radiation and chemotherapy treatment and then the massive major surgery he and Dr. Coughlin performed and brought me through my amazing recovery. I would not be here today if it were not for Dr. Elalem and his expertise! This man is my hero!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Elalem is one of the kindest and brilliant Dr.'s we have ever met. We are going through a terrible illness and he has been with us the whole journey. Came to check on us everyday while in the hospital, The surgery was a hard one for the Dr. and Patient. No matter what we asked he answered in a way we would get full understanding of i. Mary his secretary has been wonderful. Sometimes when you read negative reviews, I have to wonder if it is this patient and not the Dr. Thank you Dr. Elalem for everything. Windsor is lucky that he is practicing here,

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

There are not enough words that can express my gratitude to you. I feel like a new person. You and your staff are kind and compassionate. I wanted you to know how very thankful I am to you and for all that you do.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

This Dr should of stayed with Dr Fituri and his staff at least they actually do something. Ever since Dr Elalem moved on his own a year ago his practice has become quite a complete joke. can't get a return call, Secretary is in the office but locks the door and keeps the lights out. How do they expect patients to recieve help when they wont even open their door. This Dr is complete waste to the city thorasic surgeon what a joke. Go to london dont waste your time here

Submitted December 3, 2015

Dr. Elalem performed a lymph node biospy on me twice. He is a very talented surgeon and a kind man. You may put your trust in him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

This Dr is just a plain a-hole. He argues with you and doesnt care about his patients. His secretary doesnt answer calls and simply refuses to do her job. Dont go see this guy unless you have months to waste. What a complete joke Ohip complaints here I come!!!

Submitted October 9, 2015