Ratings for Dr. Gina M. Rooker

Seems like a knowledgeable doctor but the wait to see her is troublesome. After a 45 minute wait, we had to ask staff when we'd be seen. We were told they triple book. Maybe that would be good information to have ahead of time so we could seek out another doctor instead. It would be very nice if doctors would realize that they are not the only ones that are busy and have to show up to work on time. BTW, the staff made a HIPPA error by calling out the patient's full names in the waiting room, a violation of patient confidentiality. The only good thing was the nurse. She was very friendly and reassuring.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I entered this site to post a comment regarding Dr. Rooker and Triangle Urology, and I was surprised when I read the negative reviews. Without discounting the legitimacy of the complaints it’s difficult for me to understand that we were served and treated by the same folks. I was treated at the Heckel Road location by Dr. Rooker and at the Federal Street locations by physician assistant, Amy Smith. After a minimal wait at both locations, both ladies introduced themselves with a smile and a handshake. It had been several years since I had a urological exam, but I was immediately put at ease. Dr. Rooker and Amy LISTENED PATIENTLY to me as I reviewed my previous conditions and my current concerns. I did not feel “rushed.” Uro exams are something I’d rather avoid, but the professionalism of both ladies made an unpleasant situation much more bearable. Also, I only have a positive opinion of the staff. I was particularly grateful for the prompt scheduling. I had to thread a needle between two trips overseas, and the folks at both locations made it very convenient for me. Since my “original” urologist retired, I have only received sporadic urological treatment. Now that Triangle Urology has brought me back into the system, I intend to stay with them. I believe they have enough quality folks working there, that if I had a complaint it would be promptly addressed. I give my highest recommendation and sincere THANKS to Dr. Rooker, Amy and the staff that served me so well. Timothy P. Hill, Aliquippa, PA

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

My experience was horrible with Dr Rooker. I went in for continued urinary pain without any infection. I did wait quite long. I saw an assistant first who advised me Dr Rooker would be performing a cystoscope procedure on me. I was never numbed for this procedure at all, and later at another Dr's office discovered that you are supposed to be numbed, especially if you are already having chronic pain in your urethra. Dr. Rooker was very brief and gruff. She did not seem to really listen to my specific symptoms. She performed the painful procedure (which, if numbed properly should not have been painful at all) She advised me everything was fine and I needed PT for pelvic floor strengthening only. I sat in the dressing room crying in pain for over 10 minutes while office staff proceeded to close down the office for the day. No one was even aware I was still there. I later followed up with another urologist and had the same procedure done (with proper numbing) and discovered that I had urethral polyps that were causing the pain The PT prescribed by Dr. Rooker is not an effective treatment for polyps at all. I even was shown them on the screen and they were extremely obvious. For any urologist to miss this on a cystoscope is totally unacceptable. The specific symptoms and triggers of pain I described to her are NOT classic of pelvic floor weakening or prolapse, but are classic of urethral polyps. The 2nd urologist agreed that pelvic floor PT would not assist with the pain I was experiencing. I certainly could see the abnormality when viewing the screen. I am not sure that Dr. Rooker actually took the time to view what could be seen through the cystoscope before telling me that everything looked fine. The only positive thing that did occur is that she gave me 1 pill called Methyl-blue (or something) and it did kick in approx 1 hour later and began relieving the pain. I then was to follow up with OTC Azo. I have been to several Allegheny Health System as well as UPMC Urologists and have found the same callous attitude everywhere. I am contemplating a trip to the Cleveland Clinic, where the doctors actually seem to listen and treat you like an individual.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I found all the staff very friendly and helpful. Also Barb went out of her way to help me. I think Dr Rooker was fantastic. She took her time with me answered all my questions and i never felt rushed.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Worst dr office I have ever been to.I am 33 with an overactive bladder. Be prepared to sit in the lobby anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour before being called back to a room and then another 30-45 minutes to see Rooker, IF you even see her!! I have seen numerous medical assistants/nurses each visit and when Rooker does come in, its very brief and she is not attentive to my needs/problems. Been seeing Rooker for nearly two years now, she always wants to prescribe a different medication, while ignoring everything I tell her. Her nurse Barb is EXTREMELY rude. I am so over this doctor and the practice, I have NOTHING positive to say about this office, doctor or the staff!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Dr Rooker is the most callous doctor I've ever encountered and I've seen my fair share of bad ones. My gyno recommended her because of frequent UTI's. The physicians assistants were excellent and explained the cystoscopy to me and told me I could discuss it with the doctor since I was hesitant. She spent less than 6 minutes with me (based on my text message time stamps). She rushed through everything, was starting the cystoscopy when I stated I wasn't sure about it and she basically said she was going to do it if I wanted to be treated. Afterward she said she was going to prescribe me antibiotics which I pointed out was bad for my IBS (I'd discussed that with the PA) and she looked like she couldn't come up with another solution. I suggested something the PA had and she prescribed me that. I commented on my urinary frequency and she stated she wasn't going to give me anything because I'm 26 and then rushed out of the room. Plus I had to wait an hour after my appt for her to come in.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Waited an average of 25 minutes before being taken to an exam room. I have been there about 7 times over the years and am very satisfied with Dr Rooker, however, my last several visits another Dr has seen me and I don't even know her name. I didn't see Dr rooker at all. I made the appt with Dr rooker not someone else. I will go back though because I like Dr Rooker who is very knowledgeable and quite thorough. Very good at cystolic procedures. No pain & very little bleeding. Will recommend to all.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Rooker was informative and made me feel confident about my surgery. She was caring and professional. I would recommend her to all.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Spends time with the patient & is personable/professional. Appt was quite easy & fast to make. I did wait in the office about 20 minutes after appt time but it was worth it. I will recommend to all.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Dr. Gina M. Rooker's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)