Dr. Avi Wallerstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Avi Wallerstein

Dr. Wallerstein made my LASIK procedure feel like a breeze, he is amazing. I was very nervous before entering the operating room, but once I met him and based on the things I've heard and read about him before, I immediately felt comfortable and less nervous knowing I was in the hands of one of the best surgeons. His warm, calm and confident demeanor as well as his reassuring words throughout the entire surgery made the entire experience so pleasant and easy. Before the surgery, he sat me down, got to know a little bit about me and reviewed my chart, which I really appreciated. The actual surgery was so quick and painless - it felt like it took less than 5 minutes. Dr. Wallerstein talked to me through the entire procedure and let me know what was going on in each step and he even cheered me on even though he did all the work! Its only been a few days and I am so happy with my vision. I haven't seen this clearly without glasses in years, it's truly a gift. Thank you again Dr. Wallerstein!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Super easy lasik procedure, very calming throughout, friendly, thoughtful never felt rushed.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

any control on who can make a good or bad review? Ratings should only reflect actual experiences and wait times are awful throughout the medical field!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I was super nervous going into my surgery but Dr Wallerstein made me feel very comfortable right from the consultation. He was very warm and kind. He gave me a head sup every time something was going to happen and I wasnt caught off guard. He made sure I was very comfortable before proceeding with the surgery. Throughout the surgery he was talking to me, letting me know how I was doing and his encouraging words were nothing but helpful and helped me relax I would recommend Dr. Wallerstein to all my family and friends! Thank you so much Dr. Wallerstein.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Dr Wallerstein, is undoubtedly,one of the best opthamolgist out there, All I can think is why have I not done this earlier, it's a game changer, from the get go, as I met him i knew I'd be under the best hands out there.H)e surpassed every expectation I had.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

It’s been only 3 days since I’ve had my surgery with Dr. Wallerstein, And I cannot thank enough how its changing my life! I have been wearing contact lens for over 15 years. I was a little nervous due to the fact that I had an atypical cornea - thinner than average. But knowing he was one of the best surgeon in Canada, I knew I could trust him. I heard a lot about the procedure and knew it wouldn’t be that painful. however i must say during the operation, I felt a stronger suction on my left eye that caught me by surprise. The remainder of the operation went super well and fast. I was fully recovered 24 hours later. It’s quite funny how the past two days I keep thinking that I still have my contact lens on., super happy. Ive already recommended to all my friends and family. Thank you so much, Avi.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Dr. Wallerstein est un chirurgien hors-pair. Du début a la fin de l'intervention il s'est montré très réconfortant en prenant la peine d'expliquer chacune de ses manipulations. Il prend vraiment a cœur le bien-être de ses patients et ça se voit et se sent par ses démarches et le ton qu'il utilise pour communiquer. Je le recommande a tout ceux qui désires se débarrasser de leur lunette une fois pour toute!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

Suprised with all the comments on Dr. Wallerstein. When trying to book him he rarely works in Toronto and apparantly only does a few surgeries. I was also shocked that LASIKMD was still using a knife/blade to cut your flap. The other clinics did not even have that option and actually chuckled about how dangerous and old school that is. The whole vibe felt off and I ended up having LASIK elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr Avi is very knowledgeable confident pioneer LASIK Surgeon ,he explained all the steps for me before the surgery and was extremely supportive .I am really happy with my vision after surgery .

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr Wallerstein was incredible. I’m an employee at LASIK MD and I’ve read and heard so many great things about his skills as a surgeon. But I can now say first hand that he’s a fantastic doctor that takes the time to make you feel at ease, to reassure you. Throughout the procedure, he was always talking to me, explaining what was happening without going in too much details because that would have scared me. He would just explain what I was going to feel and for how many seconds. He was great! Amazing to get up from the table and already SEE the results. Couldn’t have pictured a better experience!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr. Avi Wallerstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Wallerstein co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Mark Cohen. He is the Executive Vice President of LASIK MD, and one of its two National Medical Directors, overseeing medical protocols and quality control for the largest laser eye surgery provider in Canada and overseeing over 50 laser eye surgeons. As a board certified Canadian ophthalmologist, he is the Director of Optics and Refractive Surgery teaching at McGill University and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Attending Staff at the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC). Dr. Wallerstein teaches ophthalmologists-in-training and performs surgeries. He heads the LASIK MD Research and Development department. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in Canada to have solely dedicated his clinical and surgical practice to laser vision correction for over 15 years.

• English