Dr. Avi Wallerstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Avi Wallerstein

I was anxious about the procedure and the outcomes of the LASIK procedure, but thanks to Dr. Wallerstein’s calmness, professionalism and constant communication throughout the surgery, I felt I was in good hands during the whole process and I was informed of every step during the operation. The care and patience from him definitely made all my fears disappear. I cannot stress enough on how important the feeling of trust is and I couldn’t be happier with Dr. Wallerstein. My eyes received the best of care – he took the time to put me at ease, and his team was so supportive and competent. Dr. Wallerstein has performed countless of surgeries but as a patient I felt unique, genuinely impressed and pleased with my entire experience at LASIK MD Montreal. If you are considering LASIK surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Wallerstein and I guaranteed you won’t regret your decision. Dr. Wallerstein, thank you for giving me the opportunity to see with fresh eyes!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Dr Wallerstein was incredible. I’m an employee at LASIK MD and I’ve read and heard so many great things about his skills as a surgeon. But I can now say first hand that he’s a fantastic doctor that takes the time to make you feel at ease, to reassure you. Throughout the procedure, he was always talking to me, explaining what was happening without going in too much details because that would have scared me. He would just explain what I was going to feel and for how many seconds. He was great! Amazing to get up from the table and already SEE the results. Couldn’t have pictured a better experience!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

My experience with my surgeon was incredible. Dr. Wallerstein was amazing with me; he was very reassuring and helped me feel calm through out the whole process. I was really nervous about the whole thing and felt more nervous during surgery when I felt some mild discomfort. Despite this, Dr. Wallerstein was very calm and reassured me that everything was okay and I was doing fine. I really appreciated him taking the time talking me through the surgery. Before the surgery, he took some time to chat with me, to get to know me a bit. He also took the time to tell me what he understood from my file, which I truly appreciated; it made me feel that this service was more personalized. He was definitely the best surgeon I could ask for. The surgery was definitely nothing to be worried about, it was quick. I felt some discomfort which is normal but other than that definitely so worth it!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

J'ai récemment eu ma chirurgie Lasik avec Dr. Wallerstein à la clinique Lasik MD de Montréal. Par tout honnêteté je n'étais pas vraiment anxieuse, car beaucoup de gens dans mon entourage ont eu cette opération. Je peux comparer Dr. Wallerstein au Dalaï-Lama de la chirurgie Lasik, il est d'un calme extraordinaire, sa voix nous berce tout au long de l'opération. On ce sent aussitôt envahie de ce calme et en 2 temps 3 mouvements, la chirurgie est terminer. Mes yeux, maintenant peuvent faire parti de son long registre de réussite. Merci Lasik MD et merci Dr. Wallerstein d'avoir été au delà de mes attentes.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

J’ai eu la chance de réaliser une intervention Lasik Personnalisé le 14 juin dernier qui a permis de changer ma vie. Malheureusement, le port des verres de contact n’était plus une option dans mon cas en raison d’un port abusif de ceux-ci dans le passé et d’une sécheresse accrue. J’avais une myopie et un astigmatisme assez élevé et dès le lendemain de mon intervention, je voyais déjà parfaitement, je croyais rêver. La journée de ma chirurgie a été bien moins angoissante que j’aurais cru. Avec l’aide du personnel chaleureux et professionnel du Lasik MD de Montréal, ceux-ci ont réussi à me rendre beaucoup plus à l’aise et en confiance avec la technologie. J’ai eu l’occasion d’effectuer ma chirurgie avec le fameux Dr. Wallerstein. Celui-ci a su laissé transparaître une confiance et une assurance incomparable, ce qui m’a permis de me détendre et de laisser celui-ci faire des miracles. Un grand merci à l’équipe du Lasik MD de Montréal pour leur service hors pair et plus précisément à mon chirurgien Dr. Wallerstein qui a su faire preuve d’une grande écoute et de professionnalisme.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

I recently had my LASIK surgery with Dr. Wallerstein at LASIK MD in Downtown Toronto and I’m very happy. He was reassuring, informative, confident and professional. I appreciate that he reviewed my chart with me beforehand and talked to me throughout the procedure. He set clear expectations and kept me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Wallerstein and his team at LASIK MD to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

My experience with Dr. Wallerstein was beyond my expectations. Not only can I see 20/20 without glasses but I was VERY nervous. He sat with me and heard out my worries and assured me that all would go well and I felt very taken care of for the whole process. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who wants to undergo laser vision correction.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Dr W was my surgeon thirteen years ago in Toronto. He is amazing. Super skills and warm personality. I continue to be in awe everyday I wake up and I see without lenses!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Lors de la première heure du rendez-vous de ma chirurgie, j'étais extrêmement nerveuse. J'ai eu une première rencontre avec mon chirurgien Dr. Wallerstein et il m'a énormément rassuré, il m'a également beaucoup apaisé lors de la chirurgie en m'expliquant tout ce qu'il faisait sur mes yeux tout en me motivant. Il a fait preuve d'un énorme professionnalisme et de sérieux. La chirurgie a été indolore, j'ai toutefois ressenti de la pression sur mes yeux. Je n'ai plus ressenti aucune sécheresse ni inflammation 24h après l'opération seulement.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I am so happy I chose to trust LasikMD with my vision correction. The kind and knowledgable staff made for a amazing and informative experience, and Dr. Wallerstein's expertise, kind nature and reassurance made surgery a breeze. I love my 20/20 vision!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. Avi Wallerstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Wallerstein co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Mark Cohen. He is the Executive Vice President of LASIK MD, and one of its two National Medical Directors, overseeing medical protocols and quality control for the largest laser eye surgery provider in Canada and overseeing over 50 laser eye surgeons. As a board certified Canadian ophthalmologist, he is the Director of Optics and Refractive Surgery teaching at McGill University and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Attending Staff at the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC). Dr. Wallerstein teaches ophthalmologists-in-training and performs surgeries. He heads the LASIK MD Research and Development department. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in Canada to have solely dedicated his clinical and surgical practice to laser vision correction for over 15 years.

• English