Dr. Avi Wallerstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Avi Wallerstein

I had my surgery on December 15th with Dr. Wallerstein in Montreal. I was extremely nervous before the procedure but when I finally sat down with Dr. Wallerstein as he explained me the procedure. I knew at that moment that I was being taken in good hands. He was able to reassure me that there would be no problems whatsoever throughout the procedure and that I would not feel any pain. I specially liked the fact that during the procedure, he would talk to me and walk me through the entire process and let me know what was going on. As for the results, I could not be any more satisfied. I started to see a change in my vision shortly after leaving the operating room. I did not feel any pain or discomfort afterwards either. I would definitely recommend this Dr. to anyone interested in Lasik surgery.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Very professional and friendly. I just had my surgery after months of not knowing if i would really do it or not, i was pretty nervous but dr. Wallersstein made me feel very comfortable and reassured that i was in good hands. The staff was very nice as well they took their time and answered all the questions i had and also reassured me that i would be good. Dr Wallerstein was talking to me during the surgery which is good as it took my mind off the fact that i was getting my eyes lasered. I would highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr. Wallerstien is an amazing doctor. Not only did he do an amazing job with my eyes, he was also very nice and patient. Before starting the surgery, he sat down with me and explained to me what was going to happen and answered all my questions. During the surgery, he was explaining to me what he was doing and what I should be experiencing. It was very reassuring and it kept me at ease. The procedure was so fast it felt like it lasted a minute per eye. He made the experience memorable in a very good way. I am so happy with the results, I see just as good as if I were wearing my contacts or glasses. I definitely would recommend him to a friend or a family member.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Wallerstein was caring, patient, and made the process easy. He took the time to answer all my questions the day of the surgery and explained everything as he was doing it so there were no surprises. I had a great experience overall and I definitely recommend Lasik MD to anyone thinking of getting laser eye surgery.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Surgery with Dr. Wallerstein was great. He was very professional and honest. While the surgery took place, he talked me through the entire procedure so that there weren’t any surprises. I asked Dr. Wallerstein to speak up because it was difficult to hear him with all the machinery noise, and he did. I was seeing 20/20 the next morning and I’m super happy about the results!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Je suis allée chez Lasik MD il y a quelques semaines pour voir s’il était possible de me faire opérer. On m’annonce que je suis candidate et qu’il est possible de faire faire la chirurgie assez rapidement. Je suis une personne un peu anxieuse en ce qui concerne mes yeux en général et j’appréhendais beaucoup le grand jour. J’ai été agréablement surprise lorsque j’ai rencontré le Docteur Wallerstein, le chirurgien qui a fait ma chirurgie. J’avais énormément de questions le jour venu et Docteur Wallerstein a répondu à toutes mes questions avec une patience incroyable. De plus durant la chirurgie il prenait le temps de me réconforter et de me calmer, je n’étais surement pas la cliente la plus facile de la journée. Malgré toutes mes inquiétudes j’ai beaucoup appréciée l’expérience, je me suis vraiment sentie en confiance. Je peux maintenant profiter de mes nouveaux yeux.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I had my surgery with Dr. Wallerstein on August 23. I must say, all of my interactions with him have always been extremely pleasant -- he is knowledgeable, sweet, comforting, and takes the time to answer any questions one might have. You feel as though you are in excellent hands, and despite undergoing a surgery, it's difficult to feel nervous with him. I was already seeing so much better soon after the surgery, and by the next day, I could see better than I ever had before. I did not experience any pain at all during the surgery, and my recovery was super quick and painless. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wallerstein to anyone looking to undergo laser eye surgery; particularly if a person is looking for reassurance and that extra little personal touch. He's wonderful!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I had my surgery on the 9th August with Dr. Wallerstein. I was I little nervous but he went through the entire process with me before and during the actual procedure. There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Wallerstein is highly skilled. I felt little to no discomfort through the whole thing. My eyes are perfect (confirmed at my appointment on the next day)

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a surgeon more experienced and knowledgeable in refractive eye surgery than Dr. Wallerstein. He answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns with patience, ease, and confidence. He was also very warm and reassuring. He encourages you through the entire surgery (even though he's the one doing all the work) and lets you know the gist of what's happening so that you're not surprised or scared. The surgery itself was a piece of cake and went without a hitch - I felt pressure and touch but did not find it uncomfortable/painful at all, as I was given plenty of numbing eye drops. Overall, I felt very taken care of and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Wallerstein to my family and friends!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2017

I had my LASIK procedure with him on Friday August 11th at the Lasik MD Downtown Toronto location. Leading up to my surgery day, I was quite nervous - up until I sat down with Dr. Wallerstein for a quick consultation. He introduced himself to me as "Avi" and made me feel extremely comfortable, he took the time to thoroughly explain my myopic and astigmatic prescriptions to me and how LASIK can better correct these errors than glasses/contact lenses. As glasses wearer for 20+ years, I wouldn't have chosen another doctor with this huge decision. Throughout my procedure, he continually comforted me and ensured I knew every single step he was taking. Your vision is in absolutely great hands if you choose Dr. Wallerstein; he encompasses the true definition of a great doctor who is compassionate and truly cares about the quality of his work. You won't be disappointed!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr. Avi Wallerstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Wallerstein co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Mark Cohen. He is the Executive Vice President of LASIK MD, and one of its two National Medical Directors, overseeing medical protocols and quality control for the largest laser eye surgery provider in Canada and overseeing over 50 laser eye surgeons. As a board certified Canadian ophthalmologist, he is the Director of Optics and Refractive Surgery teaching at McGill University and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Attending Staff at the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC). Dr. Wallerstein teaches ophthalmologists-in-training and performs surgeries. He heads the LASIK MD Research and Development department. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in Canada to have solely dedicated his clinical and surgical practice to laser vision correction for over 15 years.

• English