Ratings for Dr. Avi Wallerstein

I had my surgery on December 15th with Dr. Wallerstein in Montreal. I was extremely nervous before the procedure but when I finally sat down with Dr. Wallerstein as he explained me the procedure. I knew at that moment that I was being taken in good hands. He was able to reassure me that there would be no problems whatsoever throughout the procedure and that I would not feel any pain. I specially liked the fact that during the procedure, he would talk to me and walk me through the entire process and let me know what was going on. As for the results, I could not be any more satisfied. I started to see a change in my vision shortly after leaving the operating room. I did not feel any pain or discomfort afterwards either. I would definitely recommend this Dr. to anyone interested in Lasik surgery.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I had surgery with Dr. Wallerstein last week and it was great. He was nice and really helpful. I was a little nervous and he took the time to ask me how I was feeling. During the procedure, he was talking to me and telling me what he was doing. That helped me a lot to stay calm. The whole surgeon's team was great. My vision was already better right after surgery and it kept getting better as the day went by. It was a really great experience.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

J’ai eu ma chirurgie avec le Chirurgien; Dr. Avi Wallerstein le Jeudi 1 juin 2017 et mon expérience était incroyable. Il a passé du temps à m’expliquer les résultats des tests, s’est assuré que je comprenais ma condition oculaire et les étapes qui seront prises pour corriger ma prescription au laser. Lors de la chirurgie, il m’a parlé tout le long de l’intervention pour me rassurer et m’aider à me garder aussi calme que possible. Malgré qu’il ait remarqué mon anticipation et ma nervosité, il m’a continuellement aidé à rester calme et à rester concentrer sur le point qu’il m’a assigné de regarder. Une fois que l’intervention étais terminé, Il m’a félicité de rendre la chirurgie rapide et facile en gardant mon calme et m’a conseillé de prendre le reste de la soirée à me reposer et de suivre les instructions des goutes après chirurgie. Le lendemain, ma vision était beaucoup mieux que la journée précédente et malgré la sensibilité de mes yeux à lumière, je n’avais pas besoin de lunette pour bien voir. D’une prescription de (-8.50d) à l’œil droit et (-9.25d) à l’œil gauche, Dr. Wallerstein m’a donné une Vision 20/20, une vision parfaite. Je remercie infiniment Lasik MD et Dr. Avi Wallerstein pour avoir changé ma vie après plus de 25 ans avec des lunettes et des verres de contacts.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

My LASIK procedure was done last Friday with Dr. Wallerstein, and I still can't believe how perfect my vision is thanks to him. He first sat down with me to talk about how I was a good candidate for the procedure and that definitely calmed my nerves. During the procedure itself, he would constantly reassure me that everything was going great and would talk me through the different steps and what to expect, which I immensely appreciated. It was over in just a couple of minutes, just like he said. With no discomfort and 20/20 vision, I cannot express my gratitude enough to Dr. Wallerstein.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I had my LASIK eye surgery with Dr. Wallerstein last Friday, and I would not have picked any other surgeon for such an important decision of my life. Dr. Wallerstein is one of the most kindest, and down to earth MD's I had the pleasure of meeting. Not only did he make my experience of getting LASIK done easy but also one to remember for. One of the top most rated ophthalmologist in Toronto he definitely lives up to his name. From the beginning off the procedure till the end, from answering all my nervous questions to guiding me throughout each step. He definitely made it a surreal experience. If you're looking to have your LASIK procedure done, and looking for one of the best and the safest hands out there, Dr Wallerstein is an excellent choice. If I ever need an enhancement I am definitely going back to him!!

Submitted April 20, 2017

I had my LASIK eye surgery with Dr. Wallerstein and I could not be anymore pleased with my choice of surgeon. One of the kindest, and down to earth MD's I've had the chance of meeting. From the beginning of my procedure, of answering nervous questions to guiding me throughout the surgery, he put me at complete ease and helped me through one of the most important decisions of my life. Helped me get my gift of sight back! Could not thank him enough! One of the top listed ophthalmologists in Toronto, he definitely lives up to his name. A surreal experience ever made possible with this brilliantly experienced doctor! If you're looking to book your LASIK and looking to entrust something as important as your vision to a someone, know that you'd be in one of he safest hands with Dr. Wallerstein.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I completed my laser eye surgery with Dr.Wallerstein in Montreal on March 30th and it went really well. He is friendly which made me a lot less stressed .In the process of surgery , he was talking to me the whole time, letting me know what to expect at every step of the procedure . He even cheers you on to tell you that you are doing very well even though he's the one doing all the work and you're just staring at a light . Overall ,the process was about 10-15 minutes , I knew I was in good hands , my eyes feel great . I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I had my Surgery March 2nd with Dr Wallerstein in the Montreal. I was quite nervous but Dr Wallerstein was very calm and reassured me throughout the whole procedure. The procedure was very quick and it was explained very well. All the staff in the clinic were very kind and helpful. Overall I think it was a very positive experience and I believe I was in the best hands. I highly recommend Dr Wallerstein and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

J'ai eu ma chirurgie LASIK 100% personnalisée avec le Dr Wallerstein le 18 janvier 2017. Le personnel a été très courtois et m'a toujours demandé si j'avais des questions avant la chirurgie...puis dès que j'ai rencontré le Dr Wallerstein, il a su me mettre à l'aise en me rassurant et m'expliquant toutes les étapes avant et pendant la chirurgie. Je recommande donc fortement ce docteur et la clinique LASIK de Montréal. De plus, le suivi est bon, ils m'ont appelé quelques heures après la chirurgie pour s'enquérir de mon état et un numéro d'urgence est mis en place... Bien heureusement, tout s'est bien passé et je n'en ai pas eu l'utilité : ma très forte myopie (-8.5 D) a été corrigée, je ne porte ni verres de contact, ni lunettes, quel bonheur!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I had my laser surgery last week with Dr. Avi Wallerstein at Montréal clinic and my experience was absolutely amazing. All the staff were friendly and attentive. I was nervous before the operation, but Dr Wallerstein made me feel comfortable and in confidence. He take tim to explained to me all the steps of the surgery. Also , he answered all my questions. The surgery was painless and it took less than 10 minutes. Now I have 20/20 in both eyes . I highly recommend having your surgery with Dr. Wallerstein and his team!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Avi Wallerstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Wallerstein co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Mark Cohen. He is the Executive Vice President of LASIK MD, and one of its two National Medical Directors, overseeing medical protocols and quality control for the largest laser eye surgery provider in Canada and overseeing over 50 laser eye surgeons. As a board certified Canadian ophthalmologist, he is the Director of Optics and Refractive Surgery teaching at McGill University and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Attending Staff at the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC). Dr. Wallerstein teaches ophthalmologists-in-training and performs surgeries. He heads the LASIK MD Research and Development department. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in Canada to have solely dedicated his clinical and surgical practice to laser vision correction for over 15 years.

• English