Dr. Avi Wallerstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Avi Wallerstein

I had my surgery on December 15th with Dr. Wallerstein in Montreal. I was extremely nervous before the procedure but when I finally sat down with Dr. Wallerstein as he explained me the procedure. I knew at that moment that I was being taken in good hands. He was able to reassure me that there would be no problems whatsoever throughout the procedure and that I would not feel any pain. I specially liked the fact that during the procedure, he would talk to me and walk me through the entire process and let me know what was going on. As for the results, I could not be any more satisfied. I started to see a change in my vision shortly after leaving the operating room. I did not feel any pain or discomfort afterwards either. I would definitely recommend this Dr. to anyone interested in Lasik surgery.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Lors de la première heure du rendez-vous de ma chirurgie, j'étais extrêmement nerveuse. J'ai eu une première rencontre avec mon chirurgien Dr. Wallerstein et il m'a énormément rassuré, il m'a également beaucoup apaisé lors de la chirurgie en m'expliquant tout ce qu'il faisait sur mes yeux tout en me motivant. Il a fait preuve d'un énorme professionnalisme et de sérieux. La chirurgie a été indolore, j'ai toutefois ressenti de la pression sur mes yeux. Je n'ai plus ressenti aucune sécheresse ni inflammation 24h après l'opération seulement.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

I am so happy I chose to trust LasikMD with my vision correction. The kind and knowledgable staff made for a amazing and informative experience, and Dr. Wallerstein's expertise, kind nature and reassurance made surgery a breeze. I love my 20/20 vision!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr.Wallerstein was amazing. He took the time to sit with me before surgery in order to explain to me in details the process of surgery and post surgery. He was very reassuring and helped me through every step of the surgery. After a few days, he took the time to check up on me to make sure i was satisfied with my vision. I strongly recommend Dr.Wallerstein for both his skills as a surgeon and his compassion. My vision is better than i ever expected and the procedure was painless.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

There is nothing less than positive things to say about my laser eye surgery with Dr.Wallerstein at the Lasik MD in Mississauga. The nerves struck up right before entering the operating room. Dr.Wallerstein came over, sat me down and went over my chart with me explaining my prescription, corneal thickness, pupil size etc. He explained how the treatment will benefit my eyes and put me on a path to seeing 20/20. The consultation before my surgery really calmed me down. His professionalism, demeanor, and knowledge proved that I was in the best hands. During the procedure, he told me exactly what he was doing and what he expected from me. I appreciated how he walked me through the whole experience. The procedure itself was very quick and painless; before I knew it I was sitting up on the bed and noticed an immediate improvement in my vision. Dr.Wallerstein checked my eyes again and said everything went exactly the way it was suppose to. I am extremely satisfied and honored knowing that Dr.Wallerstein did my laser eye surgery and I am excited to say that I am finally glasses and contacts free!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

It was such a good experience. Employees at the clinic were helpfull and really reassuring. Surgery was easy, quick and i did not feel anything

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Very professional and friendly. I just had my surgery after months of not knowing if i would really do it or not, i was pretty nervous but dr. Wallersstein made me feel very comfortable and reassured that i was in good hands. The staff was very nice as well they took their time and answered all the questions i had and also reassured me that i would be good. Dr Wallerstein was talking to me during the surgery which is good as it took my mind off the fact that i was getting my eyes lasered. I would highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

Dr. Wallerstien is an amazing doctor. Not only did he do an amazing job with my eyes, he was also very nice and patient. Before starting the surgery, he sat down with me and explained to me what was going to happen and answered all my questions. During the surgery, he was explaining to me what he was doing and what I should be experiencing. It was very reassuring and it kept me at ease. The procedure was so fast it felt like it lasted a minute per eye. He made the experience memorable in a very good way. I am so happy with the results, I see just as good as if I were wearing my contacts or glasses. I definitely would recommend him to a friend or a family member.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Wallerstein was caring, patient, and made the process easy. He took the time to answer all my questions the day of the surgery and explained everything as he was doing it so there were no surprises. I had a great experience overall and I definitely recommend Lasik MD to anyone thinking of getting laser eye surgery.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Surgery with Dr. Wallerstein was great. He was very professional and honest. While the surgery took place, he talked me through the entire procedure so that there weren’t any surprises. I asked Dr. Wallerstein to speak up because it was difficult to hear him with all the machinery noise, and he did. I was seeing 20/20 the next morning and I’m super happy about the results!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Avi Wallerstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Wallerstein co-founded LASIK MD along with Dr. Mark Cohen. He is the Executive Vice President of LASIK MD, and one of its two National Medical Directors, overseeing medical protocols and quality control for the largest laser eye surgery provider in Canada and overseeing over 50 laser eye surgeons. As a board certified Canadian ophthalmologist, he is the Director of Optics and Refractive Surgery teaching at McGill University and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology and Attending Staff at the McGill University Hospital Centre (MUHC). Dr. Wallerstein teaches ophthalmologists-in-training and performs surgeries. He heads the LASIK MD Research and Development department. He is one of the few ophthalmic surgeons in Canada to have solely dedicated his clinical and surgical practice to laser vision correction for over 15 years.

• English