Ratings for Dr. Deborah Waxman

Dr Waxman doesn’t let me explain and bad listening, then how will she know why I went to GP? She gave me a prescription which is not government funds. So I had to pay full price. I felt like she is just giving me a pressure that i went to GP for nothing or wrong to go. I found some of her bad reviews which i think they were correct!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

cool doctor clever A+ would recommend fair and considered approach

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Thanks for your help the other day at Mount Roskill Union and Commumity Heath Centre.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

We have been at the Eastcare a couple of weeks ago. I was sick but I have registered also our baby, as I got the virus from her-and she still had diarrhea during the weekend. First question she asked us why we came here with a virus? We should have stayed home and not spread it in public places! I felt really unwell, I couldn't even hold water down, I was puking everywhere for more than 24 hours that time. I am 23 weeks pregnant, I was concerned about my baby's health more than mine as I felt very dehydrated and extremely week. I know that dehydration is very dangerous especially for pregnant and old people. She said it would have been my midwife business to look after me and not hers.I told her that I had a very similar virus 2 months ago when I went first of all to my midwife but she (my midwife) said as it's not morning sickness I should see my GP. So from this previous experience I though I will be looked after if I go to the clinic (as it was Saturday) -also my midwife was on leave. She even talked about that if I go to labour right now I should see my midwife.. I said I don't want to argue with her- but I believe it's not a pregnancy related thing-as my baby caught it first at the daycare. She kept saying that it's my midwife's duty and she gets money after me. We paid almost $90 for having no treatment, just arguing about midwifes and doctors duties. I asked her to give me a NON-ORAL medicine (as I vomited all medicine straight away) she refused it.She gave me oral tablet, that of course I vomited again. I thought that she would give me infusion against dehydration or at least a RECTAL medicine that helps me to drink something but she said rectal medicines are for children... Finally we went home with the tablets she gave me, and I didn't feel any better. As soon as I took it, I vomited again and it lasted until night. Only time has helped. Both my husband and I agreed that she treated us not on a professional way as soon as we entered the room.

Submitted July 23, 2017

Excellent attention from Dr. Waxman. Very grateful, thank you

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Great service, advice and skills. Have to disagree with last comment. Maybe they have issues themselves??? Hear what they don't want to hear?:?? Bedside manner excellent especially empathee for my condition. Took time to understand. Refurred for help and taken seriously. Didn't feel I was talked down to at all. In fact I felt she was the only one that listened., Like she really knew what it was all about.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

One of the best doctors we have met thus far. Exceptional service, knowledge and advice. Brilliant and sharp minded.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Comes off as friendly at first, then it goes down hill from there, horrible bedside manner. Does not listen, interrupts and makes un-necessary comments. Not the worst doctor but far from mediocre.

Submitted March 25, 2017

very helpful with my anxiety issue. She really understood me I looked forward to seeing her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Comment below rubbish. Firstly Dr Waxman not a fil in. She is trained in mental health AND trained to assess someone genuine ability to work as she is a WINZ designated Doctor. This person was likely deemd suitable to work and declined the benefit. More doctors need to take this approach! Taxpayers shouldn't be funding these people.

Submitted February 16, 2016