Ratings for Dr. S Manchikanti

Dr Manchikanti is beyond neglectful.IN Jan of 2016 I had fallen in the tub and went to him because my right leg and knee was swollen..he briefly looked at my leg and said "Oh it is swollen" and gave advil.......no x rays..nothing,,,I went home and to make a long story short..I thought I was a wuss and kept trying ti get better and eventually was bed ridden and home care called 9-11..I had 4 surgeries and lost part f my upper right thigh.,( abcesses and clots) When I finally went back to talk to him after several months he never asked to see..asked anything and said" SO you you want your perscription filled?"..............I had also seen him for 2 years!! about vulvic ulcers so bad I could not go to the bathroom..never a test..nothing..HOME CARE sent in tests revealing a reaction to something and gave me antibiotics& pain cream!!! I had asked DR M repeatedly for something for pain and NOTHING !..He is combative ..I truly believe I would still have my leg in 1 piece if he had acted quickly and how he should have!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I have seen Dr. Manchikanti for 5 years, and have had progressively deteriorating experiences with him. Over the past two years I have found his bed-side manner to be dismissive and unempathetic. He is very defensive if I ask questions, and rigid in his views about alternative and complementary therapies . When I was in attendance with my husband, Dr. M actually ignored me completely and discussed my health with my husband, as if I wasn't in the room. If you are a female, I recommend that you find a different physician to be your primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Very Poor bedside manner - comprable to that of a turkey. I went in to see him and he said i was physically fit but mentally not , and that I had depression when I told him I had been feeling anxious . I told him that I had anxiety and not depression - he simply said "same thing ." Do not see this man. He is bad at his job. Very dissapointed

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Excellent doctor. Really treated me for acid reflux condition which no one could figure out. Will definitely recommend to families.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Has poor bed side manners and when I presented my medical concern, he told me to take a vacation and did not want to take steps for investigation. He does not care about his patients and is very defensive when you question him.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Takes time to listen. Answers questions. His bedside manner is excellent. Remembers who you are and treats you like an individual. And Justik is fantastic: quick, easy to access and has the bonus of being just off of Whyte.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I rated the staff and punctuality low because otherwise the star rating for this quack becomes too high. He is punctual, and the staff are ok, but he laughed at me during the appointment when I wanted him to investigate my issues further, and recommended that I wait to see a specialist which will take months. Considering that my issue is one generally treated with antibiotics, this was infuriating. Furthermore, during my first appointment he said he would review my ultrasound results online immediately, but a month later he still hadn't reviewed them, and was still unwilling to look at treating my issue with antibiotics. I am extremely frustrated that something so simply treated is being left to linger.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Manchikanti for five years. He's always laid out my treatment options clearly and taken time to answer questions.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I started seeing Dr Manchikanti 2 years ago when I moved to Whyte ave. I have gone in a few times for knee pain and, without looking at it, his solution was to stop doing yoga. I stopped a year ago and the pain is still there. When I saw another doctor, he said to do more yoga. I will be going back to request an ultrasound. The office staff are not the most professional, but the location and patient-only walk in clinic are convenient for me. I also like that he does not prescribe narcotics.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I am very disappointed with my care under Dr. Manchikanti. I have rated his helpfulness and knowledge each as a single star because he does not take the time to review my chart, consider my history as part of the context of the current complaint or offer any education about my results. Many previous comments below have complained about his "bedside manner." If by bedside manner one means taking the time to thoroughly investigate a patient's concern, communicating results clearly and effectively and then educating the patient as to the next steps then I agree his bedside manner is terrible. We are actively seeking another doctor and are only in his care because he was the first doctor available when we moved to Edmonton.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015