Ratings for Dr. Sharan Abdul-Rahman

Dr. Abdul is an excellent doctor. She makes me feel very comfortable. Dr. Rahman's interactions with me did not make me feel like i was "just another patient". She took the time to get to know me. After each examination she met with me in her office to review her findings. Unlike most doctors visits, Dr. Rahman makes me feel important and that my concerns are important to her. Never once did I feel rushed through the visit.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

This was my first time at a gynecologist and I thought she was horrible. I was very sore and in pain and she did not even acknowledge that any kind of touch or pressure made me cry. She went through the exam and then told me that there was nothing wrong with me and essentially put the blame on my boyfriend. She told me I must be afraid to talk to him and he is not caring about me and how it feels for me (all completely untrue.) She also told me I just get nervous and that if I want the pain (which she said was imaginary) to go away, I would need to stop having sex and start inserting dialators myself to "remove bad feelings?" I thought she was incredibly insensitive and rude and also just plain wrong- and she made it clear from the beginning that she did not really care about what I had to say. She argued with me and just walked away. All I had done was a simple check up but I am now sore and bleeding and cried through the exam- it was an absolute nightmare!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I sat down in the exam room for my annual GYN exam. I had a couple health concerns to discuss with Dr.Rahman before the exam. I tried to explain how my PMS symptoms were getting awful, and since my mother had Endometriosis, I knew that I had to jump on any possible issues before they get worse. I couldn't believe this, but she started almost arguing with me! I tried to explain slowly what was happening, and what I wanted to discuss (alternate birth control methods… the shot, IUD, the rod, etc.) Instead of listening to me, I felt this horrible argumentative defensive vibe from Dr. Rahman. She kept saying, "I don't understand." I ended up just going silent. I just stopped explaining my symptoms to her, and let the Pap-exam start. I was embarrased to even bring up my health concerns to her. (Which is the complete opposite of what a GYN appt should be!) I wanted to get help on a few issues, and all Dr.Rahman did was argue with me.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

MY DAUGHTERS AND MYSELF GO TO DR. RAHMAN. SHE IS VERY KIND AND IS A GREAT LISTENER TO YOUR CONCERNS. YOU CAN REACH HER MY EMAIL, SHE'S FAIRLY QUICK TO ANSWER YOU.SHE'S A VERY GOOD DR AND WOULD RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE. I BELIEVE SHE HAS TWO STAFF MEMBERS, ONE IS VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY THE OTHER VERY VERY RUDE.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

I came to Dr Rahman via referral; it was the best and sound advice I had received in the past 3 years. I wish I would have had her before going through everything that I did. I love the clinic! Be on time, you get seen you get out. Your information is in your hands (if you have a smart phone). You can contact her anytime via email. Dr Rahman listens, she explains and she teaches. If your open and true to YOURSELF you will leave loving not only yourself but also your mind and body ;)

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I was very disappointed when a staff memeber (while sitting at the reception desk) openly spoke about my labs that I needed to have completed, instead of pointing them out on the paper she said aloud "oh, no one can hear us". Also I am disappointed that Dr. Rahman/or her staff has not returned my calls after 4 times for an much needed perscription. I feel taht my illness is unimportant although very serious.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Terribly unprofessional, when I called her saying that the office never called in my prescription, she screamed at me and did not offer to remedy the situation. Also came into the office an hour late when I had my appointment. Not a very nice person and I dare say not a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Nasty doctor! She is a miserable jerk. I got into an argument with her when she tried to prescribe me penicillin, to which I am deathly allergic. She saw no problem with doling this out to me; wouldn't listen when I tried to explain that I can't take it and finally the pharmacy set her straight. I honestly don't comprehend how she graduated from medical school. Stay away! She is dumb, irresponsible, and nasty to boot. Go to Penn Fertility if you want to know what a great gynecologist is like; I recommend Dr. Edwards.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

I found Dr. Rahman through the yellow pages and she was very professional and made me feel that I was in good hands. I had surgery and she came out and spoke with my family before and after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Abdul Rahman. She also had an air of confidence that put me at ease.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

Horrible doctor. Very uncaring and very insensative.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010