Ratings for Dr. Herman A. Carstens

The front desk girls are horrible! If I could I would give them a zero.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

If I could give a review that has zero stars, I would. First off, I have been here 3 or 4 times. Each and every time has been a horrible experience. I'm currently trying to find out why I have pelvic pain. It's a constant problem for me, and I must know what is going on before it gets any worst or cause more long term problems. Moving forward, my first visit I disliked the receptionists they are coarse, and apparently do not care about the patients. They do not smile or make you feel welcomed. However, the RN with short brown hair (forget her name) was great on my first visit. It made up for the extremely rude front desk. I felt like I was in good hands... WRONG! I was there to go over my PAP results from my primary doctor and had to reschedule due to my results being inconclusive. I thought, no biggie we will redo the pap. I had to wait two weeks to get the PAP re-done! Now on my second visit, I repeated my PAP with the same nurse, but that was the most painful PAP EVER; she was so rough, and I ended up spotting blood afterwards. Three weeks go by, and I go back to get my results, and they confused me with another girl so for 30 mins she was asking questions, and I answered (she didn't realize until the questions got weird and I stopped her). Time goes on, and they send me to ultrasound. Today were my results. It was the first time I finally met Dr. Carsten. Worst Doctor I have ever met! Comes in late, my appointment was at 8:30 am, and he didn't even show up until 9:00 am. He starts talking to me doesn't even shake my hand or introduces himself. The first words out of his mouth were "Drove the convertible today; these girls are supposed to fix my hair." He was so unprofessional, didn't answer my questions, and told me that I had cysts on my ovaries and when I asked what can I do about this he just said Birth Control. I explained that I can't be on Birth Control because it makes me sick. He said that I can split the pills in half, and it would be better. Maybe that would work but why can't he help me find a way that will balance out my natural hormones instead of B.C.? Then I asked him if I will be able to have kids, and I get the worst response ever, "It will be hard for you, and if you take the birth control and sleep with five guys you will get std's and not be able to have kids." In utter shock that those words even came out of his mouth was ridiculous. He writes the prescription, gives me the wrong copy. As he is walking out, I ask for a copy of my results gives me his paper. Finally, he noticed he gave me the wrong prescription and also writes down PCOS he tells me "Google it, and if you have some of the symptoms, then that's what you have" This guy said to Web MD my problems. Who the F*** is this guy? And, why the heck is he a doctor. Please save yourselves and do not see this doctor. Save the insurance money and see a real doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Horrible Doctor.. Never even met the guy and still don't know if he will even deliver my baby. They never check you to see if you are dilated and they don't communicate with you.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I had my first kid with dr Carstens, at the beginning didn't like the staff (in Corona) because the firsts app they was so rude, I was thinking to change my Dr but then I meet another girl that was so nice with me and told her I'd like to change the de cuz didn't like some staff. But she was so nice and promise she will see me every time I'll go yo check up, so I'd stay with them and then I'd meet the Dr, I just love him, he explain me everything, respond every single I had and another thing that he speak Spanish!!!!! After that was so glad never change my Dr, even some girls in the front are rude I didn't care! Just ignore them 😋

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

2 Appointments and 2 no shows. The first appointment was in Corona because we were told it was the earliest opening. We drove all the way there and were told he had already left. They never bothered to call us. They rescheduled us for Riverside at 4PM. Getting to Brockton at that time of day isn't easy. We drove there, through traffic, only to be told we were not in the system. There were at least 8 people in the waiting room so even if we were in the system, I'm sure we would be sitting there for over an hour like many others have said. I suggest finding someone else.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Here for the first time- love the staff, fast and very helpful. Dr. Carstens- THE BEST I HAVE FOUND!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Greatest experience ever! Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Carstens, Love the fact that he explains it all- the good and the bad! Glad I didn't follow any of the advice here, and just decided to follow in my 3 sisters and mother's advice-patients of Dr. C for the past 20 years. He is GREAT!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

The only reason I choose this doctor was because I have medi-cal and he would deliver at Riverside Community hospital. Every time I had an appointment it took forever to get seen. Example my appointment would be at 9:20 am, I would arrive at 9:05 am I wouldnt go back into the exam room until 10:40 it is horrible, the nurses sit and gab and talk and talk while we wait in the waiting room. I came in a few times and they had no one that could see me because the dr was in Corona and the PA was out ill, instead of calling me to reschedule they made me come in and wait just to have a nurse take my blood pressure and weight me WTH and I bet they charged the insurance for a full appointment. In my last month of pregnancy he only checked my cervix at 36 weeks and never checked it again ....... I was told that I would be induced on a particular day at 39 weeks because I had some complications (drs suggestion NOT mine) and to come in to my next visit to get the instructions on what to do (the following week) . I showed up to my appointment and the nurse did not know that I was being induced and I was told to call in a few days to get the instructions (my husband had already taken the days off for the induction) I called back and was told that the DR now would not induce me until I was 42 weeks but would NOT give me a reason, would NOT call me himself to explain the changes. One person in this office does not know what the other person is doing it is a freaking MESS!!!

Submitted October 10, 2014

I have seen Dr. Carstens or his PA about 6 or 7 times. I did not care for Dr. Carstens by my 2nd visit due to an extremely rude and inconsiderate remark he made regarding a very personal issue and the fact that he did not seem to really listen to my concerns. However, due to an irregular test result, I stayed with his office because I needed several follow-up appointments, and luckily, I did like his PA and mostly saw her. I had several appointments at the Brockton office which I hated, due to the over an hour wait time and the rude staff. When I discovered he had an office at Raincross, that is the only place I would then go. I just had an appointment after a year since my last and specifically requested his PA at the Raincross office. After waiting nearly 25 minutes, and asking how much longer it would be, I was informed that the doctor was driving and on his way! When I asked the PA, I was informed that she no longer worked at that office. I will NOT be returning!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

Dr carstons office is very rude and un helpfull I can't help but have nothing good to say about the staff. From the front desk to billing... dr carsten on the other hand is a very good dr I was very pleased by him

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. Herman A. Carstens's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1976)