Ratings for Dr. Barry Simon

Dr. Simon has completely changed my life. He is helping get my binge eating under control. Dr. Simon has also given me a proper diagnosis for my issues when so many others have failed.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Simon is an outstanding psychiatrist. He is innovative, open-minded, extremely knowledgeable and a fine human being. I have seen seven psychiatrists in my 72 years. Sadly, none even approached his expertise.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I am 60 years old,type 2 diabetes,on Insulin. I have been seeing Dr Simon for many years. He is a remarkable psychiatrist and a brilliant,very compassionate,helpful and skilled doctor. As someone who has struggled with weight gain and diabetes,each time I see Dr Simon I learn something new. An amazing psychiatrist with a lively sense of humor!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Barry Simon was to me such an amazing psychiatrist! I'm so grateful to have been referred to him. He isn't judgmental or supercilious at all. I felt very comfortable and found it easy to open up to him. He gives great insight, he is super knowledgeable,friendly, personable and he listens and truly understands! I went to Dr. Barry Simon at a bad time in my life,59 years old and obese for many of them. I don't know how I would have gotten through another year of life without his care! I don't know where I'd be today without his guidance. He listens, he offers suggestions, he thinks outside the box. There is absolutely no judgement coming from him accept for good healthy life style choices! There is no better food addiction psychiatrist in Toronto. I consider myself incredibly blessed to have been referred to this wonderful Doctor! He is the best psychiatrist I've ever gone to! I only wish I could have been under his care much, much earlier in life and for longer. I do most definitely recommend him to anyone who suffers from obesity due to food addictions. Thank you very much Dr. Simon, David Louis Cohen

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Wonderful and very caring psychiatrist. Extraordinary knowledge and understanding of food-related issues and anxiety/depression. Extremely perceptive,brilliant,humane. Treats you as a whole person,not just a patient. A very remarkable human being with great compassion,empathy,sympathy. Down to earth,and a mench.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr Barry Simon is an incredible,brilliant and extraordinary compassionate Psychiatrist. His great empathy and understanding,humor and sensitivity make seeing him a great blessing. Insights are very deep and profound. Very humanist and with a honesty that is most welcome. Deeply committed to helping his patients with their struggles to manage depression and emotional food eating. Therapies are pioneering and thought provoking. Wonderful sense of humor. Treats you as a person. I can not say enough about this wonderful mench!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Although it has been some time since I visited Dr Simon,I remember him being very compassionate and caring. He truly took an interest in me as a person. As I reread the information received from him, his comments and notes have helped considerably in changing my life beliefs. I am now ready to put into practice the strategies I learned from him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

Dr Simon is the genuine article; an extremely knowledgeable, fine, thoughtful, caring and warm hearted person. He cares and its obvious. Very helpful and willing to work WITH his patients.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

A gem.Warm hearted,humourous,brilliant,earthy,very compassionate and non judgemental psychiatrist. Insights are humane and honest.Dynamic & sensitive doctor and person. The finest psychiatrist in Canada. Deeply concerned about all aspects of his patients. Extremely caring and old fashioned doctor-a rare gem.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr Simon has a great way of simplifying matters and helping patients to believe in themselves.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011