Ratings for Dr. Robert McCormack

I saw Dr. McCormack for my knee injury back in 2013. He was helpful at times but ti was very frustrating having to a different resident with him who I had to explain my medical history to every appointment. I understand that he needs to teach students but it was a bit frustrating. He repaired my OCD lesion with biodegradable screws. I was only 14 at the time so I was very nervous going into the surgery. He did not have very good bedside manner and I was not happy with that. I also was in severe pain the first night after surgery as I wasn't given enough pain medication at the hospital. I appreciate his view on narcotics (especially since I was so young) for pain but T3s didn't seem enough for the amount of pain I was in. After surgery I would of appreciated a bit more honesty on when I would be off crutches as it ended up being longer than I was told. This being said I think he's a great surgeon just doesn't have a lot of time so each appointment was very brief. I would do your research - have questions ready as he doesn't have too much time with each patient (Im not sure if things have changed at his office since then). That being said the front desk staff were amazing!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr McCormack repaired both of my torn ACLs (and with a very minimal scars). I continue to play soccer competitively now (2 years later) with no problems. After my first torn ACL, I didn't take physio as serious as I did after my second ACL tear and ended up rupturing my other ACL. I went back to McCormack and without an MRI he told me that I tore my ACL and we booked a surgery date that day. With the proper physio and workouts, l feel stronger, better, and faster than I was BEFORE the surgeries. If you are an athlete, I HIGHLY recommend going to McCormack. You have to remember to pull your weight by doing your exercise and strengthening to avoid future inujries. Thanks Dr McCormack!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Was referred to this dr by my chiropractor who had worked with him. So after I recd my MRI results and dealing with a previous specialist who just told me to change my life style I had ask my gp to send a referral to this dr. Well after 9 months of waiting I finally called only to find out he didn't even want to take my case. Needless to say I was pissed off. Not only at him but my gps office for not telling me. I have now been in pain for Months. Can't do the things I love just because this guy thinks he's to good for regular folks and only wants to stick to the pros. What an ass

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Excellent sergeant. 2 years ago he saved my knee after bad surgery done by Alexandra Brooks-Hill. He is old school extremely knowledgeable doctor. I recommended him to some of my friends (skiers too) and they were very satisfied as well. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

My son had a fully torn ACL, and Miniscus, plus tears in his MCL and LCL. Let me tell you, Dr. McCormack is definitely the best. He is very knowledgeable with sports injuries, and is very kind. My son was afraid to do the surgery, and he was great at re-assuring him he would be okay. We had the surgery at Eagle Ridge hospital. My son is now 5 months post surgery and he is doing fantastic. Thank you Dr. McCormack. You are the best.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Ive torn both my ACL and he operated on both knees and he's the best. He's operated on 5 of my friends knees (all soccer injuries) and everyone has had great results, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have and will continue to recommend anyone with knee issues to Dr.McCormack. I was told by many different sources they could not difinitively tell if I had a full tear of my ACL until after I had an MRI, which many of you know is a excruciatingly slow process unless you're willing to cough up near $1000 out of pocket. McCormack sat down with me for less than 15 minutes doing a multitude of small movements and told me his professional opinion. I was booked in for surgery within 3 months. Had a full tear of the acl and a lot of a damage to the miniscule. Was walking after day 1 and walking without a limp within 7 days. No need for painkillers after day 4. If you want to treated properly, you leave everything in his hands with decades of experience.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

He might be a top notch Dr but unless you're a pro athlete or in extreme pain I would not recommend him. I waited for 3 months to see him after more than 20x of physio and acupuncture to tell me I didn't need a surgery which i knew I did and was able to get it done by another surgeon after seeing me for 5 mins. Always get a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I'm not a professional athlete (I believe many of his patients are), but he treated me with a great deal of patience and support. I've had two surgeries by him and both went off extremely well and the recovery time was amazing. His staff are also very helpful and considerate. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a spectacular orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

One of Canada's two or three most experienced, skilled and compassionate orthopaedic surgeons. I consider my lacrosse and rugby patients extremely fortunate that Dr. Mc. sees them expeditiously, takes a thorough history, performs a thorough examination, explains the diagnosis and treatment options in detail and gives them such stellar results. DGH

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015