Ratings for Dr. Robert McCormack

Dr McCormack is the best orthopedic surgeon out there. I was fortunate enough to get him. He did my ACL surgery. Prior to surgery I was a bit worried about the outcomes, but he took his time to answer all of my questions. Thank you so much Dr Mccormack for giving me another chance to play sports . You’re the best doctor out there!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I have the greatest respect for Dr. McCormack, he treated me years ago at the Royal Columbian as an emergency trauma case after a horrible, stupid fall that resulted in a compound break of the fibula, crushed tibia and ankle broken in three places. Five surgeries, an external fixator, 3 plates, 28 pins, weekly outpatient cast clinic visits for months, brutal honestly and incredible bedside manner I can walk (something that always wasn’t a certainly in the beginning). Dr. McCormack didn’t become the doctor he is today by luck, he worked his ass off to become one of the very best this country has to offer!!! If you are ever injured enough to cross paths with Dr. McC consider yourself blessed, you are in the care of an amazing doctor. I will be forever grateful for the care I received from him!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I saw Dr. McCormack for my knee injury back in 2013. He was helpful at times but ti was very frustrating having to a different resident with him who I had to explain my medical history to every appointment. I understand that he needs to teach students but it was a bit frustrating. He repaired my OCD lesion with biodegradable screws. I was only 14 at the time so I was very nervous going into the surgery. He did not have very good bedside manner and I was not happy with that. I also was in severe pain the first night after surgery as I wasn't given enough pain medication at the hospital. I appreciate his view on narcotics (especially since I was so young) for pain but T3s didn't seem enough for the amount of pain I was in. After surgery I would of appreciated a bit more honesty on when I would be off crutches as it ended up being longer than I was told. This being said I think he's a great surgeon just doesn't have a lot of time so each appointment was very brief. I would do your research - have questions ready as he doesn't have too much time with each patient (Im not sure if things have changed at his office since then). That being said the front desk staff were amazing!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr McCormack repaired both of my torn ACLs (and with a very minimal scars). I continue to play soccer competitively now (2 years later) with no problems. After my first torn ACL, I didn't take physio as serious as I did after my second ACL tear and ended up rupturing my other ACL. I went back to McCormack and without an MRI he told me that I tore my ACL and we booked a surgery date that day. With the proper physio and workouts, l feel stronger, better, and faster than I was BEFORE the surgeries. If you are an athlete, I HIGHLY recommend going to McCormack. You have to remember to pull your weight by doing your exercise and strengthening to avoid future inujries. Thanks Dr McCormack!!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Excellent sergeant. 2 years ago he saved my knee after bad surgery done by Alexandra Brooks-Hill. He is old school extremely knowledgeable doctor. I recommended him to some of my friends (skiers too) and they were very satisfied as well. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

My son had a fully torn ACL, and Miniscus, plus tears in his MCL and LCL. Let me tell you, Dr. McCormack is definitely the best. He is very knowledgeable with sports injuries, and is very kind. My son was afraid to do the surgery, and he was great at re-assuring him he would be okay. We had the surgery at Eagle Ridge hospital. My son is now 5 months post surgery and he is doing fantastic. Thank you Dr. McCormack. You are the best.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Ive torn both my ACL and he operated on both knees and he's the best. He's operated on 5 of my friends knees (all soccer injuries) and everyone has had great results, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have and will continue to recommend anyone with knee issues to Dr.McCormack. I was told by many different sources they could not difinitively tell if I had a full tear of my ACL until after I had an MRI, which many of you know is a excruciatingly slow process unless you're willing to cough up near $1000 out of pocket. McCormack sat down with me for less than 15 minutes doing a multitude of small movements and told me his professional opinion. I was booked in for surgery within 3 months. Had a full tear of the acl and a lot of a damage to the miniscule. Was walking after day 1 and walking without a limp within 7 days. No need for painkillers after day 4. If you want to treated properly, you leave everything in his hands with decades of experience.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

He might be a top notch Dr but unless you're a pro athlete or in extreme pain I would not recommend him. I waited for 3 months to see him after more than 20x of physio and acupuncture to tell me I didn't need a surgery which i knew I did and was able to get it done by another surgeon after seeing me for 5 mins. Always get a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I'm not a professional athlete (I believe many of his patients are), but he treated me with a great deal of patience and support. I've had two surgeries by him and both went off extremely well and the recovery time was amazing. His staff are also very helpful and considerate. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a spectacular orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015