Ratings for Dr. Robert McCormack

Excellent sergeant. 2 years ago he saved my knee after bad surgery done by Alexandra Brooks-Hill. He is old school extremely knowledgeable doctor. I recommended him to some of my friends (skiers too) and they were very satisfied as well. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

My son had a fully torn ACL, and Miniscus, plus tears in his MCL and LCL. Let me tell you, Dr. McCormack is definitely the best. He is very knowledgeable with sports injuries, and is very kind. My son was afraid to do the surgery, and he was great at re-assuring him he would be okay. We had the surgery at Eagle Ridge hospital. My son is now 5 months post surgery and he is doing fantastic. Thank you Dr. McCormack. You are the best.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Ive torn both my ACL and he operated on both knees and he's the best. He's operated on 5 of my friends knees (all soccer injuries) and everyone has had great results, I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have and will continue to recommend anyone with knee issues to Dr.McCormack. I was told by many different sources they could not difinitively tell if I had a full tear of my ACL until after I had an MRI, which many of you know is a excruciatingly slow process unless you're willing to cough up near $1000 out of pocket. McCormack sat down with me for less than 15 minutes doing a multitude of small movements and told me his professional opinion. I was booked in for surgery within 3 months. Had a full tear of the acl and a lot of a damage to the miniscule. Was walking after day 1 and walking without a limp within 7 days. No need for painkillers after day 4. If you want to treated properly, you leave everything in his hands with decades of experience.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

He might be a top notch Dr but unless you're a pro athlete or in extreme pain I would not recommend him. I waited for 3 months to see him after more than 20x of physio and acupuncture to tell me I didn't need a surgery which i knew I did and was able to get it done by another surgeon after seeing me for 5 mins. Always get a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I'm not a professional athlete (I believe many of his patients are), but he treated me with a great deal of patience and support. I've had two surgeries by him and both went off extremely well and the recovery time was amazing. His staff are also very helpful and considerate. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a spectacular orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

One of Canada's two or three most experienced, skilled and compassionate orthopaedic surgeons. I consider my lacrosse and rugby patients extremely fortunate that Dr. Mc. sees them expeditiously, takes a thorough history, performs a thorough examination, explains the diagnosis and treatment options in detail and gives them such stellar results. DGH

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I do not wish to speak poorly of any one, but if you are looking for a doctor with compassion, and one who genuinely cares about his patients care beyond a paycheck, you haven't looked long enough yet. Don't stop here. I will not see him again.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I had had previous surgeries with him. Was sent to see him again for an on going knee problem that needs specialized procedure. He was one of 5 that has this knowledge. He basically didn't listen to anything that was told to him as after he sent his report to my GP nothing in the report was accurate. Very disappointed in his lack of caring and his willingness to leave people in pain and almost immobile. Will not be returning to see him will be seeing someone else

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Had ACL and mensical reconstruction and had 4 different "trainies" toying with my knee during surgey and left with nerve damage in my shins.. 3 years later knee reinjured... Not the best expierence I've ever had...

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014