Ratings for Dr. Karen Lynne Piercey

I find myself being very frustrated with the care I got from her. My new doctor is now cleaning up the mess she made with my meds. On many different occasions, my wife found counter indications with the meds I was on and I believe she should have known those things if she is prescribing them. And if she isn't comfortable with the meds, don't make me suffer because of it. It could have been very dangerous. She maybe should have been a counsellor instead of a doctor. I am disappointed and thought I was getting the care I needed. Not the case. Know your stuff when see her because she won't. Far too many mistakes made for my liking, and yes just like others I was told that the clinic would have a new doctor for us. Not the case. Oh well. At least I have a competent doctor now. Also makes a lot of promises and never follows through. I needed a referral to a surgeon and had to chase her down before she left to make sure it was done, two months later. Just totally not impressed.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I had Dr. Piercy since she arrived in Lethbridge and found her to be professional and awesome at diagnostics. However now she has moved without even informing me. The clinic has no plans for referral or even availability. I need prescriptions refills and have to book walk in to have them filled. Leaves many of us in a precarious situation. Edmonton's gain is our loss.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

My family has been a patient of Dr Piercy's for 4 years. I would think before she comes into the room for your check up, she would look to see if we have any major complications you should know about before treating or prescribing drugs to you patient? example: diabetic (it was oh your Diabetic?) Now she has left and moved but left the clinic to clean up. We were told by her we are on a doctors list and we should get a call in a couple weeks telling us they would be accepting us as a patient. I find out from clinic there is no such list and the doctor is not accepting anymore patients. Also my referral that was suppose to have been done months ago was never sent out, on my last visit she blamed it on her nurse that was not very good at getting these sent out and she would check on it and make sure it's done. It's still has not been done.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Very slow. Asked for a prescription and never got it. She's leaving so it's like she doesn't care anymore.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Best Dr. Ive ever had! Such a wonderful lady and would bend over backwards to help you the best she possibly can. She is very informative and makes sure you know exactly what is going on. Would definitely recommend to anyone! Plus she gives away a lot of samples!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Piercey is the best doctor I have ever had. She is so caring. She will return phone calls. Wait times to see her are long - but she will spend so much time with you too if needed. She is so smart. She gets to know you as a person - not just as a chart. She is beyond AWESOME.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Piercey is the best Dr. I've seen. She actually helped treat my problem instead of just throwing more drugs at me like every other Dr. I had seen about the same problem for 10+ years. If there's something she is unsure of she is quick to find out, one time calling the specialist while I was still there so I could hear the answer. She has always been reassuring with scary test results, etc. Sometimes she runs a little late but I've never known a Dr that didn't! Personally I like when she shares stories of her personal life, a couple of which applied to my situation and were very reassuring. Dr piercey has gone above and beyond to help me and my family and we highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Excellent bed side manner. Friendly and even if she doesn't know the problem, she is quick to research and find and prognosis.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Piercey is one of the worst doctors I have ever been to. Her answer to everything is let watch and wait. She is always running late. I was awaiting cancer results and she told me if I needed to have a big in-depth conversation that I would have to make an other apt as she did not have time to discuss it in great length. All I wanted to know was if I had cancer or not. Which was a 2 minute conversation. I also had a lump in my breast and pain which I told her about at an appt and she told me to watch and wait and that if I wanted her to check it out I would have to book a woman's wellness exam. So I went to another doctor and she did a breast exam right on spot and discovered that indeed did have a breast lump and sent me for testing. So if you value your health pick a different doctor as dr piercey really doesn't care about you or your health.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I started seeing Dr Piercey after my first child was born, she saw me through my second baby, and we continue to see her. Wait times can be long, but pretty average for a doctor. I find that if there is something that she is unsure of, or the first time she has seen something, she is quick to call a specialist/pediatrition to ask advice. My first ultrasound with my second child was unusual, and she was VERY comforting and VERY fast, got the results on a Friday, that Monday had me in for another ultrasound in Calgary, and by Wednesday had me into a specialist for care. She genuinely cared about me and the baby, and I truly feel that I got the best care possible. Her attitude helped us get through a hard time with a terrific outcome! She is rushed sometimes, but if you are direct with your concerns she will deal with them promptly and thoroughly. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012