Ratings for Dr. Karen Lynne Piercey

Best family doctor we have ever had. We are never rushed, always cared for and she takes the extra time with any suspected issues. Always so generous and playful with the kids as well. She shares her love of animals and travel as she is working to help us feel better. Thank you and keep up the great work.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Dr. Piercey is the best Dr we've ever had up in northern AB. She: - takes time with us, (like up to half an hour once for a life insurance form we needed help with) -is very thorough -doesn't brush off our concerns when our daughter is sick -is friendly & compassionate -takes time to explain things -asks if you have questions and WAITS for you to think about it and answer -really digs to the bottom of whatever you're dealing with -calls me at home with updates -promptly refers me to a specialist if she doesn't know the answer to my question or if I need further care If she ever tries to leave Valleyview I'll probably go and slash U-haul tires and lay down in front of it so she can't leave! lol

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

I find myself being very frustrated with the care I got from her. My new doctor is now cleaning up the mess she made with my meds. On many different occasions, my wife found counter indications with the meds I was on and I believe she should have known those things if she is prescribing them. And if she isn't comfortable with the meds, don't make me suffer because of it. It could have been very dangerous. She maybe should have been a counsellor instead of a doctor. I am disappointed and thought I was getting the care I needed. Not the case. Know your stuff when see her because she won't. Far too many mistakes made for my liking, and yes just like others I was told that the clinic would have a new doctor for us. Not the case. Oh well. At least I have a competent doctor now. Also makes a lot of promises and never follows through. I needed a referral to a surgeon and had to chase her down before she left to make sure it was done, two months later. Just totally not impressed.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I had Dr. Piercy since she arrived in Lethbridge and found her to be professional and awesome at diagnostics. However now she has moved without even informing me. The clinic has no plans for referral or even availability. I need prescriptions refills and have to book walk in to have them filled. Leaves many of us in a precarious situation. Edmonton's gain is our loss.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

My family has been a patient of Dr Piercy's for 4 years. I would think before she comes into the room for your check up, she would look to see if we have any major complications you should know about before treating or prescribing drugs to you patient? example: diabetic (it was oh your Diabetic?) Now she has left and moved but left the clinic to clean up. We were told by her we are on a doctors list and we should get a call in a couple weeks telling us they would be accepting us as a patient. I find out from clinic there is no such list and the doctor is not accepting anymore patients. Also my referral that was suppose to have been done months ago was never sent out, on my last visit she blamed it on her nurse that was not very good at getting these sent out and she would check on it and make sure it's done. It's still has not been done.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Very slow. Asked for a prescription and never got it. She's leaving so it's like she doesn't care anymore.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Best Dr. Ive ever had! Such a wonderful lady and would bend over backwards to help you the best she possibly can. She is very informative and makes sure you know exactly what is going on. Would definitely recommend to anyone! Plus she gives away a lot of samples!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr. Piercey is the best doctor I have ever had. She is so caring. She will return phone calls. Wait times to see her are long - but she will spend so much time with you too if needed. She is so smart. She gets to know you as a person - not just as a chart. She is beyond AWESOME.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Piercey is the best Dr. I've seen. She actually helped treat my problem instead of just throwing more drugs at me like every other Dr. I had seen about the same problem for 10+ years. If there's something she is unsure of she is quick to find out, one time calling the specialist while I was still there so I could hear the answer. She has always been reassuring with scary test results, etc. Sometimes she runs a little late but I've never known a Dr that didn't! Personally I like when she shares stories of her personal life, a couple of which applied to my situation and were very reassuring. Dr piercey has gone above and beyond to help me and my family and we highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Excellent bed side manner. Friendly and even if she doesn't know the problem, she is quick to research and find and prognosis.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013