Ratings for Dr. David I. Hoffman

Dr. Hoffman and his staff helped me get pregnant! I cannot thank him enough for his expertise. Although I had to wait to see him, I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Hoffman may have quite a bit of experience but I feel has not kept to date with his surgical practices. He recommended a surgical procedure for me and I went against is advice and had it performed by another doctor (in his clinic) using a newer method with less recovery time. I feel Dr Hoffman was disappointed in my decision and seemed judgmental when I had my follow up appointment with him. After this, did not trust him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

My experience at IVF Florida and with Dr. Hoffman was better than I could have imagined and definitely nothing like some of the reviews below. After trying to conceive for over a year, the entire idea of going to a fertility clinic, was extremely overwhelming. Dr. Hoffman was very professional and confident that he could give us the results we were looking for, which is exactly what I needed. He didn’t coddle us through the whole process, but he was straightforward and told us exactly what our options where and what he would recommend. I had a strong support group in my family and husband so I didn’t need a doctor to coddle me I needed a doctor that was confident and good because I was so scared of the worst happening and us not being able to conceive, but Dr. Hoffman never saw that as a possibility. He knew he could get us the results we wanted and he did. I did have to wait at times, but no longer than a normal doctor’s office. The front desk employees were always very welcoming and kind and the nurses that worked with Dr. Hoffman were even better. They were always available to answer my little nervous questions and never judged me for any questions that seemed dumb. The staff seemed to empathize with me during such a stressful time and were the nicest and most responsive staff I have ever dealt with at Doctor’s offices. Dr. Hoffman performed a procedure on me at the Margate hospital, across from the IVF Florida Margate office, outpatient center to remove endometriosis and open up a closed fallopian tube. The surgery was a huge success and my entire experience at NorthWest medical (Margate) outpatient was very good. It was better than any other outpatient center I have been too. After a few months of going to IVF Florida and 1 round of IUI after my procedure, we were pregnant and we owe this to Dr. Hoffman and his staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Hoffman and IVF Florida to anyone struggling with fertility. You should expect to wait like any other doctor’s office and to pay out of pocket for fertility medication and treatments because most insurance do not cover that, but that was the only negative part of my experience.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I am actually really surprised after reading some of the reviews. We had a wonderful experience at IVF Florida. We began going to the clinic in December of 2013, so almost one whole year at the clinic. I had surgery for endo, IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF. A friend of mine had recommended Dr. Hoffman, and we were very impressed with his bedside manor (I had surgery in January), his knowledge, and his staff. Yes, there were times we waited, but that is to be expected at a doctor's office. I never waited longer than 1 hour for any appointment, and it was usually less than 20 minutes. The front desk staff knew me by name, always greeting me with a smile. If I had questions after hours, a nurse always called me back within an hour. I would highly recommend Dr. Hoffman and IVF Florida. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and couldn't be happier with the experience.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I agree with the other reviews regarding the staff. Some of the staff are very cold and you can tell that some of them could care less about the fact that patients are going through a very emotional and stressful time in their lives. Dr. Hoffman is polite and knowledgable but I feel as though he could be a better communicator. 90% of our conversation had nothing to do about my infertility issues and I also felt rushed. His nurse is polite, patient and very helpful and will be the person that you will communicate with the most.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

During this emotional journey of TTC, the last place you would expect any anxiety from is the very same place you are going to for help. This is what we experienced from day 1 with IVF FL. Almost 1 year later, we made a move and it should have been done much sooner. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, do not go here! The main issues were RUDE staff, long wait times (over 1.5 hours at times), required payment beforehand even with insurance coverage, lack of communication and a total lack of compassion from them as well. We spoke to Dr. Hoffman for maybe 15 minutes and never heard from him after our consultation. Not to mention, every visit I made there, it seemed as if there was always 1 or 2 couples fighting with the staff or showing displeasure. And if that were not enough, I later found out he overlooked a low ovarian reserve issue I have. I ended up going to Dr. Denker at Palm Beach Fertility and have had a complete 180 of an experience. And to top it off, I am pregnant!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Hoffman is a knowledgeable doctor. The staff at the front desk is the rudest I have ever dealt with in a doctor's office. They are defensive and heaven forbid you ask them a question about trying to run something through your insurance. The staff is not nice at all. I cannot believe how rude they are. Specially when you are self pay and paying for these services up front and out of pocket because the only code they use is infertility. Which by the way, my insurance does not cover. Very rude staff. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I have to advise everyone, the staff (especially the girls at the front desk) are extremely RUDE! I felt Dr. Hoffman rushed me and my husband through everything too fast! He didn't even have the decency to tell us he had absolutely no Plans to be there during the retrieval and transfer. Both my husband and I were very disappointed. I do not recommend him or his rude staff!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Dr. shows a lot of knowledge in his field but he lacks in comunicate and teach his patience. I did several treatments with him and spoke with nurses 95% of the time.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

So far, ok, but the office is often backed up and the staff do not communicate very effectively.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010